Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : From one brother to another

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Lucash

Kentucky

From one brother to another

Last night I was very uneasy. I was at a great discontent with what I had and with how my life was going. I was comforted by my wife first. She said "What do you have to be discontent about?" I could say nothing. "What do you have to be thankful for?" I rambled off a list of things! I was uneasy with myself because things didn't go my way earlier in the day. After the conversation with my wife, I actually started humming church hymns we sing. "How Deep the Fathers Love for Us" and hymns like "In Christ Alone". I was at peace after that. I have never hummed hymns to myself before, but it helped. Since I was doing it while my wife and I were making dinner, I'm sure she heard it too. The fact of the matter is it helped me and I am at peace now. I urge you to do the same brothers and sisters, and see how it helps you. -In Christ

2009/8/8 9:28Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: From one brother to another

Brother, please allow me to share a similar experience...

When our 25 YO daughter died back in 1996, I was grieved, of course.

One evening at church we had hymn-sing and as I entered into this hymn-sing in my spirit, it really gave me lots of comfort. Then the Holy Spirit impressed upon my mind what we need to do. I shared this with my husband and he agreed.

We would invite several couples from church on Sunday evenings when we had no services and we would sing. I was a little choosey who I would invite, making sure we had the right combination of tenors, basses, altos and sopranos. Some were strong singers and others not so you need both. Anyhow, we would sit around the dining room table and take turns picking out a song from our hymn book. Since this usually took an hour, I provided each person with a glass of sweet drink to keep the vocal cords lubricated so we could sing.

After singing, everyone stayed put and I set out finger foods I had prepared beforehand and the fellowship continued.

Brother, this singing set the stage for a lot of sweet fellowship. Indeed, this was God inspired, so precious.

Yes, brother, hymns can and do minister wonderfully to the human spirit and soul. The music enables these lyrics to wedge into your soul where it will minister at the most critical times.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2009/8/8 9:53Profile

Re: From one brother to another

"1 Praise the LORD. Sing to the LORD a new song, his praise in the assembly of the saints.

2 Let Israel rejoice in their Maker; let the people of Zion be glad in their King.

3 Let them praise his name with dancing and make music to him with tambourine and harp.

4 For the LORD takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with salvation.

5 Let the saints rejoice in this honor and sing for joy on their beds.

6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouths and a double-edged sword in their hands,

7 to inflict vengeance on the nations and punishment on the peoples,

8 to bind their kings with fetters, their nobles with shackles of iron,

9 to carry out the sentence written against them. This is the glory of all his saints.
Praise the LORD."

(Psalm 149)

Victory in the High Praises of God! :)

2009/8/8 10:34

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy