SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : How many times until I learn this lesson:(

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rainydaygirl

How many times until I learn this lesson:(

This afternoon it happened again, I had an opportunity right before me to handle things with a Christ like loving heart, to share my concerns with the right heart and attitudes and instead I totally and completely spoke from the flesh!! Why do I keep going down this path, right now I am again very ashamed of my behavior and attitude. Please if you feel led pray for me to stop, seek Jesus, and pray before I open my mouth to speak. I am so sorry Lord for being so stubborn and not submitting my flesh unto Your good and perfect will

with care
rdg

2009/8/6 20:18Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re: How many times until I learn this lesson:(

Hi Sister,

Jesus died and rose again for people who lose their temper. He bore the wrath of God against our lost tempers so we could be accepted, loved, and forgiven. He lived the life we should have lived and died the death we should have died. Rest in this.

And, when we are mindful of how much grace he showed us when we were so undeserving, it will spur us on towards showing that grace and love toward others, regardless of how much they deserve it.

With care in Christ,
Taylor

2009/8/6 20:59Profile
anonymity

Re: How many times until I learn this lesson:(

RDG,

there are many things that can be said in response to your question. Namely, all that has to deal with being a Christian which is a lot.

I will say though that you desire is the beginning point and seed of growth. It is a process. It is just like working out in the natural.

Sometimes we may think that if we just got rid of these 2 sins that we would be right with God. Then later when we get rid of those God brightens the light of the revelation of His holiness just a little more as we are able to take in His relational time and we see more sin to deal with.

You do want to be grieved and very displeased with your sin, but you do not want legalism to discourage you and bring you away from victory. Often when we focus on them it can lead us to negative places. But, instead focus on Christ.

Often when we fail God sees our sin as a child who fails though having sincere intentions.

When you sin do not turn from God, but come to Him all the more so as to receive grace for why would you turn from God when you need Him most.

Here's one last thing I would like to say. Often we are tempted and then at that moment seek grace to overcome it. This can be done. However, there is also the law of sowing (to the Spirit). If we live our week in natural thing or even just being neutral then when the time of testing comes we will not have the built up harvest in us to overcome. So we must sow to the Spirit all during the week and then when winter comes we will have grace to overcome. There is a level of filling we are to be being filled. Stephen was a man full of the Holy Spirit. Faith, humility, prayer, intimacy, word, fellowship, all these things singing to one another with spiritual songs ect are the means to do this. It is often the case when the Christian neglects in time of ease thinking they can just in a moment have great faith when needed but no we must build up before.

2009/8/7 0:46Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

Thank you for your replies to my post. I know that if I really love the Lord then I really need to start hating sin the way that He does. Although anger was not apart of this issue, I will admit there was some frustration on my part. I so need to understand that my sin hurts the one I love, Jesus. For that reason alone I should flee from it. Lord help me not to make excuses but to die to the flesh and live unto You

with care
rdg

2009/8/7 2:09Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Something that helped me in this was realizing that my response actually empowers one side or the other. That which I do in the flesh unleashes the powers of darkness. That which I say or do that is edifying sets in motion more of the same. If I am unsure of what is going to come out of my mouth I simply keep it shut and refuse to respond.

2009/8/7 2:40Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Jesus died and rose again for people who lose their temper. He bore the wrath of God against our lost tempers so we could be accepted, loved, and forgiven. He lived the life we should have lived and died the death we should have died. Rest in this.

And, when we are mindful of how much grace he showed us when we were so undeserving, it will spur us on towards showing that grace and love toward others, regardless of how much they deserve it.

Amen on the grace and mercy part brother. And in the end though All true Christians will overcome anger. We cannot have anger and be a christian who is entering heaven. God is making us overcomes by His grace.

Never let your theology be dictated by your experience. Let the scriptures set the standard for living the way God has us to live by God's resources.

2009/8/7 12:16Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

Thanks again for the replies. Heart song you wrote:If I am unsure of what is going to come out of my mouth I simply keep it shut and refuse to respond.
_________
This is something that I must learn to be about. I should clear up, I was not angry, the conversation was not filled with shouting or anger, but neither was the things I said done with a loving heart or in a Christ like manner. What I said came from a fleshly attitude. My behavior was sin and hurtful to my Lord. That I caused Him sorrow again with my sinful attitude and refusal to crucify the flesh in this area is what has caused me to have a heavy heart. I do realize that God forgives and I know I am forgiven. I am so thankful for His mercy and grace, both of which I do not deserve, but I also want to learn as Heartsong shared to hold my tongue when the Holy Spirit is not leading me to speak! I have shared with my husband that I am sorry for the way I spoke to him in this matter, in the future I pray to be more about the Father heart in these matters then my own.

with care in Him
rdg

2009/8/7 12:55Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy