SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why is divorce so high in the church?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

Thank you MICCAH for your word of encouragement.
I stand for my marriage, i love my wife unconditionaly, may God increase this agape love for our spouses and the devil will not have room for discord. We are called to be peacemakers, God is a God of peace. I leanred by experiece you can be right with a wrong behavior and ruin the marriage by arguing. I have ben to the adge of divorce, if it was not for for the grace of God my marriage would have been broken in pieces.

The love and mercy and peace of God is keeping my marriage from falling apart, praise God for his goodness.

2009/8/5 14:51Profile

Re:

Quote:
The church has a reputation of being alive, but the church is dead

Now think about what your saying here. Are you saying everyone in the Church but yourself or do you include yourself as being apart of the Church that is dead?

What about the men and women who are hazarding their lives around the globe for the name of Jesus, are they too apart of the Church that is dead?

What about the promise of Jesus when He said, Matthew 16:18 ?

Jesus and the Church are one body. For anyone to say that the "church is dead", that means that Christ is dead as well because God made it like that on Calvary and in the resurrection. We died with and we arose with Him, we in Him are one new man, a new creation.

I used to say the same thing about the Church until I realized one thing. I didn't love the Church as much as I should have AND I didn't know what I was talking about. I was just repeating what others have said. Jesus loves His body and He cherishes it.

As to the topic of this thread: Paul said, Be not conformed to this world but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind....."

The problems with us at least the Western countries is that we are too consumed in this culture. Men and Women are not taking their proper rolls. Men won't take the lead and Women have to do all the leading. It's a very complex situation. There needs to be a destruction of the current system to bring everyone down to ground zero sort of speak and start over. Whenever Women try to usurp the authority of the man, man gives way to it, men become wimps which produces homosexuals. At the turn of the last century this was beginning to develop. It's not the place for the woman to do what a man does. But this whole problem is man's fault, he allowed the problem to come in. Women need to be ruled over. Oh I can hear the grinding of teeth, but it's true. God is the head of Christ, Christ is the head of man, and man is the head of woman. Cherish her, love her and be kind to her.

A can of worms has just been opened.
:-P

2009/8/5 18:26
nasekom

Dublin,Ireland

Re: Why is divorce so high in the church?

Why is divorce so high in the church? The main reason in my opinion is-lack of the fear of God.If a husband truly loves God and has a fear of the Lord in his heart and wife does also-nothing that can destroy that marriage.Of course the problems will come but if both love God with all their hearts and fear Him the marriage will withstand any storm.

2009/8/5 19:14Profile

Re:

Quote:
If a husband truly loves God and has a fear of the Lord in his heart and wife does also-nothing that can destroy that marriage.Of course the problems will come but if both love God with all their hearts and fear Him the marriage will withstand any storm.

Such a rare example and very hard to come by. My Sisters husband committed adultery twice on two separate occasions spanning several years. This last fornication was a lengthy affair and she wanted to get rid of him. She still loves him but is mad like the dickens. To make a long story short, they are currently working at their marriage. He seems to be making progress trying to convince her that he needs her, because she had his bags packed and sent to the curb. That was a wake up call for him. I gave him a message on overcoming sin and after watching it he agreed that he needs Christ in his life. They fight like cats and dogs but they seem to be coming a long pretty good.

This marriage might work. This marriage probably should have ended long ago but two people are willing to stick it out through thick and thin, even though he stepped out on her twice. How many women would put up with that? Not too many.

2009/8/5 22:07
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:

elected wrote:
I will better chose to be the most miserable man in marriage then dishoner God by divorce.

This moved me, too.

The Lord look upon you with favour, brother. An attitude like this brings joy to His heavy heart... and to some of us as well! What an inspiration!

...And count on it, with a beautiful attitude such as yours you're certainly not going to be miserable in a certain secret place in your heart!

AD

2009/8/5 23:56Profile

Re:

Quote:
elected wrote: I will better chose to be the most miserable man in marriage then dishoner God by divorce.

He/she must not be married!! :-P

2009/8/6 7:47

Re:

Quote:
The church has a reputation of being alive, but the church is dead

No it is not! The group of people mascarading as the "church" are in fact not the TRUE church!

The true Church of Jesus stands tall and alive... and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Krispy

2009/8/6 8:57
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote:

DeepThinker wrote:

Now think about what your saying here. Are you saying everyone in the Church but yourself or do you include yourself as being apart of the Church that is dead?

I don't need to go and think about it, what you need to do and anyone else who doubts my words need to do is pray about what I have told you.

This is what God Spirit spoke to me "The church is Dead now get up you and all this people"

I asked God to explain this to me about how the church could be dead and he pointed me to Rev 3:1-6.

Alive but dead in sin, the church is dead in sin that is the answer why the church is dead. But we also find that there are a few that have not defiled themselves and they will walk with him.

We can blame all manner of things divorce, men not taking there proper rolls, homosexuals, it's not the true church etc etc.

The problem is SIN.

2009/8/6 10:17Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

DeepThinker wrote:

Quote:
He/she must not be married!! :-P

Maybe a bit of oversite here, but the brother was saying that his marriage is not on as solid ground as he prays it to be.

There are many, many of a believer that ARE married that WILL NOT divorce under any circumstance. To imply that this brother is not married because he takes this stand dishonors his Christ-like intentions of working it out with his spouse.

I am married. We have our issues as well. I am also a believer. I agree that...

[i]"I will better chose to be the most miserable man in marriage then dishoner God by divorce...[/i]

Yes. There are those of us who would never get a divorce, and are believers. This should be the heart cry of all Christians towards their marriages. If it were, there would be a whole lot of less divorces in the church.

2009/8/6 11:20Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

Deepthinker:I agree Miccah that making a joke out of this brothers heart filled testimony was not a very Christ centered way to respond to his post.

I know a couple who have been married for along time. They have had their share of struggles as well. At one time the husband left the wife, moved home with his parents and was about to get a divorce but thankfully some real brothers and sisters in Christ stood up and called them both on their sinful attitudes. In the end the husband said he would not get a divorce because he was not willing to go against the Lord and did not want to hurt the Lord in that way. He moved back home and they are still together some eleven years later. Through Christ Jesus and their willingness to submitt their lives to Him as Lord their marriage is now very solid. Learning to love your spouse as Christ calls us to instead of with the selfish worldly attitudes will make a huge difference. One of the greatest enemies to any marriage is this fake and phoney notion of feel good romantic worldly love that advertising, Hollywood, and society tries to pass off as real. That kind of love will never get you through the difficult times together or the challenges that life has for you.

Just my thoughts on this
rdg

2009/8/6 11:49Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy