SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : NATIONAL HEALTH SCARE

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
rainydaygirl

Re: "Republican Death Trip"

Neil I was so sad to see you post this article here. You have been really good lately pointing people back to Jesus and not getting caught up in this government, politics stuff until you posted this article:(
Just made me really sad to see you take your focus off of Jesus and get caught up in the worldly stuff.
My thoughts on this whole mess, we don't need the government, we need Jesus! We in the body need to act like the body and do as we were instructed, take care of the sick, the needy, and the poor, care for the widows, and orphans, basically love others more then we do ourselves.Pour out our lives into the lives of others so that they might see Jesus, that is what we need to be doing!

with care
rdg

2009/8/15 2:10Profile

Re:

I may be the most vocal opponent of Christians being involved in politics on sermonindex. I have never cared about the name calling and the crazy stuff either, I just try and speak the truth in love. I am unapologetic about my stance. I just wanted to defend Neil againt the chrage by rainydaygirl. There are countless professing Christians getting caught up in a vortex of hate, fear, paranoia, bitterness and down-right craziness. The article Neil possted is correct. As a Christian online at that time I would get multiple e-mails everyday about one conspiracy theory or another. The most popular one at the time was the Clinton was a mass murderer and had personally gave the nod to kill 21 people. It was amazing to see how many professing Christians checked their brains at the door and bought into this whacko story. And the sad thing? They bought into it because of ther underlying philosophical point of view, it had nothing to do with Jesus. They were willing to accept, without reason, any negative story about "the other side."

So, I warn genuine Christians, not religious people because nothing will deter them, keep away from the Rush Limbaugh hatred and bitterness. It is anti-christ. It is designed to alienate you from your "enemies." We already know how Jesus told us to act towards our enemies. Follow the commands of Jesus, follow the leading of the Holy Spirit, do not follow men like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity and Ann Coulter, they are hate-mongers and they make millions of dollors from being hate mongers. They are invested, not in the truth or love, but in bitterness and divisivness. That is why people tune into their shows or buy their books. Follow Jesus and His Word and that alone, and let the world detroy intself, let us be apart from the world, sanctified unto God, walking in love and holiness, a peculiar people........Frank

2009/8/15 11:29
rainydaygirl

Re:

Frank I was not bringing a charge against our brother Neil, at least that was not my intention. I was just sad to see him get caught up in the politics side of this all, lately I had noticed in these kinds of topics he was just great about pointing others back to Jesus and Him alone. So I was just sad to see him post as he did. I love brother Neil dearly, I love his heart and some of what he has shared has been a really good reminder to me to focus on Jesus alone, I guess in my own inapt way I was attempting to do the same and remind him that Jesus is our all and all. Jesus and His kingdom should be our focus!!!
Pour ourselves out into the lives of others, daily loving and caring for one another should be how will spend out time. Any way not making any charges against anyone here, just gently and lovingly encouraging a fellow brother to stay the course and focus on Jesus, advice I remind myself of daily:)

with care
rdg

2009/8/15 12:15Profile

Re:

HI rdg,

I appreciate and accept that. Keeping our focus on Jesus is going to become more and more important in the coming times of persecution. Just a reminder to anyone caught up in this tidal wave of fear and paranoia, God is in charge of the future, not man. Our focus, as children of God is to stay close to HIm and remain in His presence, to walk in love and be salt and light to the world. It is vital that we do not lose our saltiness ortherwise we will be good for nothing. That is why 1Cor 13 goes to extremen lengths to show us how important it is to remain in love. Even if we give our bodies to be burned, and we do not have love, we have nothing, that is a staggering truth and it is the measure of our walk with God..........Frank

2009/8/15 13:58
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Quotes from Appolus:

"I noticed many years ago, that any of talk of politics almost immediately quenched the Spirit. You see, the Spirit unifies and politics divides. Hence my stance of non-involvement generaly speaking(I am not against voting) I am more interested in the topics of fear, and anxiousness as sin. No matter one's stance on any issue, if their is fear and anxiousness or bitterness or no love, then that one is in sin and needs to repent."

"So, I warn genuine Christians, not religious people because nothing will deter them, keep away from the Rush Limbaugh hatred and bitterness. It is anti-christ. It is designed to alienate you from your "enemies." We already know how Jesus told us to act towards our enemies. Follow the commands of Jesus, follow the leading of the Holy Spirit, do not follow men like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity and Ann Coulter, they are hate-mongers and they make millions of dollors from being hate mongers.

Frank,
You say that it is divisive to discuss politics on Sermon Index and then you jump right into it. You slammed President Bush during his administration. You shouldn't be saying one thing and then turning around and doing the opposite.

Mike

2009/8/15 15:25Profile

Re:

"You slammed President Bush during his administration. You shouldn't be saying one thing and then turning around and doing the opposite."

HI Mike. The Lord gave me several words about President Bush over the years,many of which I shared on sermonindex. The first word He gave me was right after he got in office and the Lord whispered into my heart "I am going to expose hypocrisy."

Many Christians, including yourself I believe, believed that President Bush was a genuine Chrisitan. I spoke out on this subject many times. If you want to conpare that to Rush Limbaugh or Hannity or Coulter, that is fine. My interests in President Bush had nothing to do with politics. I am not a Democrat. Yet, the lives of millions of Christians were being ruined, in my opinion, by being sucked into politics and by being used and abused by politicians whose only interest were power and how they could get it or keep it. And if they had to manipulate Christians to do it, then that is exactly what they did. I stand by that Mike. I stand by the fact that most people support politicains based on a philosophical position and then try to spiritualize it. I can stand before any crowd, and say with an open heart, that I have no hatred, paranoia, bitterness or anger towards anyone simply because they are a Democrat or a Republican. A genuine Christian is going to follow the Truth, no matter where it leads them. It does not matter to me that within weeks of getting out of office that President Bush announced that he did not take the Bible literaly, it just saddened me that many people had been fooled by it. None of this has anything to do with politics,it has everything to do with a man making public claims about Christianity. I would comment on that just as I would comment on peddlers of the Gospel or name it and claimers or Todd Bentley. Often times we are called to speak the truth, even when it is highly unpopular, and believe me I lost quite a few friends over my stance on President Bush. Yet, who am I going to follow? The crowd? Nope, never going to do it. I am going to follow the Word of God and that still small voice even if I lose every friend and my reputation in the process. Its not about being popular Mike, its about standing upon the Word of God. And the Word of God tells us how to deal with our enemies and i reiterate, if you re listening to hatemnongers and dividers every day, you are sinning against the Word of God...........Frank

2009/8/15 16:48

Re:

Just for anyone that is interested. Mike made a claim that I had "slammed," President bush. He gave no quotes and yet made the charge, in essence,that I am a hypocrite. That's not a big problem :) One has to expect those kinds of charges. Just wanted everyone to know, that every article that I have ever posted on semonindex can be found at my website below.........Frank

2009/8/15 17:03
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi AbideinHim...

Quote:
So, I warn genuine Christians, not religious people because nothing will deter them, keep away from [b]the Rush Limbaugh hatred and bitterness[/b]. It is anti-christ. It is designed to alienate you from your "enemies." We already know how Jesus told us to act towards our enemies. Follow the commands of Jesus, follow the leading of the Holy Spirit, do not follow men like [b]Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity and Ann Coulter, they are hate-mongers and they make millions of dollors from being hate mongers[/b].

Do you not see anything wrong with such comments?

These are extremely serious allegations. While I certainly agree that we shouldn't "follow" any such men, I do think that you went a bit to far by laying such a libelous allegation at them.

This has been a point of contention in the past in regard to politics here on SI. We have discussed this in the past. I have seen some similar strongly worded allegations regarding President Bush in the past too. I sometimes fear that we give wayyyyy too much weight to our own limited opinions, speculations or ideas that we *think that God has *revealed to us.

Lately, I have limited myself from such discussions...purposely.

I agree with those who have said that we should not fear. As believers, the "worst" that can happen to us is death (or the death of a loved one). However, death is still a victory! To live is Christ and to die is GAIN!

:-)

2009/8/15 17:52Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
I was just sad to see him get caught up in the politics side of this all,

rdg, may I suggest patience with Neil and others...We are all in a period of transition, of being changed from glory to glory. This includes Neil, you and me and all the others that frequent this forum.

Know what I mean?

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2009/8/15 18:07Profile

Re:

Hi Cccchhhhriisssss

It was not abideinhim who made those comments, it was me :) And of course I stand by them, not as hearsay or libel but as someone who has heard them over years. In fact I have a piece on them on my website. http://scottishwarriors.wordpress.com/2008/02/15/time-for-christians-to-reject-limbaugh-hannity-and-coulter/

This was also posted on sermonindex. And in my limited opinion I agree with your final statement, which is kind of the point of the whole thing :)

"I agree with those who have said that we should not fear. As believers, the "worst" that can happen to us is death (or the death of a loved one). However, death is still a victory! To live is Christ and to die is GAIN!"

Amen brother, now we just have to start walking that out so the world can see something different, something peculiar......Frank

2009/8/15 18:42

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy