SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : NATIONAL HEALTH SCARE

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Amen. What is most important in our lives is Jesus. As in Gen 15 , He is our primary reward. Our walk with HIm is all important.Worldly affairs are a poor second to Him. When the world looks at us, they should see Jesus..........Frank

2009/8/13 21:51
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Yup, looks like another favorite American idol is crashing down.

Who knows, this may spark another revival? When one finds that medical services are limited or compromised, how will one react? Seems to me this will pose an interesting challenge to the Believer...who knows? maybe we will be forced to return to the way the early church did in caring for the sick: the women went from house to house checking on the ill, rendering assistance when needed.

All of this is God's hands. We cannot change it but we can sit back and ask God to allow us to see this situation through His eyes, from his vantage point. Could get interesting, to say the least. AND, and, and dying is not the worst thing that can happen to a Believer. Never, ever forget that. Too many times Believers act as though it is.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2009/8/14 11:10Profile

Re:

Amen Ginny, and just to emphasise, not one genuine Christian leaves this planet one second before the Lord deems it. We are His servants, He determines our steps, not the devil or any disease. If He has a 30 year plan for us, then that will come to pass, and there is not a power in the universe can change that. We have to embrace His will for our lives, once we learn that and yield and surrender our lives to Him, then all the fear is gone, whether of disease or dying or a roof over our heads or food on our tables or clothes on our backs. Oh that Christians would embrace the Lordship and the promises of our God and stop trying to wake Him up with shouts of "the boat is sinking, the storm is going to kill us." Oh ye of little faith indeed...........Frank

2009/8/14 12:16
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Brother Frank and Sister Ginny,

Always a blessing to read your posts. . .

Quote:
[b]stop trying to wake Him up with shouts of "the boat is sinking, the storm is going to kill us." Oh ye of little faith indeed..[/b]

I want to make a poster and hang it on my bedroom wall, so I can see it 1st thing in the AM and last thing at night, with that Scripture. How much simpler life would be if all could follow it.

Kind regards,
white stone

2009/8/14 12:25Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Thank you all for sharing on this topic, and although I do not agree with Brother Frank politically, I do agree with him as to what our focus as Christians should be.

This is what Jesus had to say about it:

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. (Matthew 6:25-34).

I know that I am a lot more at peace and rest when I spend more time praying about what is going on in the world than watching all of the spin that the news media is putting on things.

The Church is now in a heavenly position, seated together with Christ in heavenly places. The view is much better from that standpoint than it is seeing things from a natural perspective.

Mike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2009/8/14 12:58Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
If He has a 30 year plan for us, then that will come to pass, and there is not a power in the universe can change that.

Amen!

When issues like this arise, a quote made by Bro. Richard Wurmbrand always comes back to minister to me. One must always remember the context in which this was made: he was tortured by the Commies and imprisoned by them for many years - was it 15? am not sure.

Quote by Wurmbrand: If God wants you alive not even Communist torture can kill you!

And this is a whole lot rougher then what we are talking about on this thread.

This quote also ministered to me when our daughter died back in 1996. She was a gift to us from God and she belonged to Him. If her mission on earth is now completed it is in everyone's best interest for God to recall this person to himself. To do otherwise would be counterproductive. Simple as that. And I thanked God for having allowed us to enjoy this gift for 25 years. The Lord giveth and the LORD taketh away, Blessed be the name of the LORD!

ginnyrose

2009/8/14 15:00Profile

Re:

Hi Mike,

I noticed many years ago, that any of talk of politics almost immediately quenched the Spirit. You see, the Spirit unifies and politics divides. Hence my stance of non-involvement generaly speaking(I am not against voting) I am more interested in the topics of fear, and anxiousness as sin. No matter one's stance on any issue, if their is fear and anxiousness or bitterness or no love, then that one is in sin and needs to repent.
Just for the record, when I say non-involvement I do not mean not standing up for Christ and Christ alone as one is led by the Spirit. One day soon , when real persecution comes, we will be deeply involved :) I think we will see a lot less people then "standing up," when they are stripped of all their "rights," and when death will follow for standing up, much like the early church who would refuse to come into the town square, dip their hands in oil and acknowkledge Caesur as a God.......Frank

2009/8/14 17:32

Re:

Dear Ginnyrose, I love your yieldedness. I too have lost a child, and then my second son was burned over 60% of his body and m,y third child has Down Syndrome. I was also told that I would die when diagnosed with Pulmanory fibrosis and a third of each lung covered with "irreversable," fibrosis. Well, God is in charge of all things and He is a good God full of loving-kindness. I was ready to die but He had other plans I guess :) There is so much peace in the midst of the storm when you can lay down in the palm of His hand and no that nothing can happen to you outside of His will. Think about the Scripture below, how often is the last part not quoted, yet it is one of the keys to an abundant life in Christ........Frank

Rev 12:11 And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb, and because of the word of their testimony. And they did not love their soul until death.

2009/8/14 17:40

"Republican Death Trip"

August 14, 2009
Op-Ed Columnist
Republican Death Trip
By PAUL KRUGMAN
“I am in this race because I don’t want to see us spend the next year re-fighting the Washington battles of the 1990s. I don’t want to pit Blue America against Red America; I want to lead a United States of America.” So declared Barack Obama in November 2007, making the case that Democrats should nominate him, rather than one of his rivals, because he could free the nation from the bitter partisanship of the past.

Some of us were skeptical. A couple of months after Mr. Obama gave that speech, I warned that his vision of a “different kind of politics” was a vain hope, that any Democrat who made it to the White House would face “an unending procession of wild charges and fake scandals, dutifully given credence by major media organizations that somehow can’t bring themselves to declare the accusations unequivocally false.”

So, how’s it going?

Sure enough, President Obama is now facing the same kind of opposition that President Bill Clinton had to deal with: an enraged right that denies the legitimacy of his presidency, that eagerly seizes on every wild rumor manufactured by the right-wing media complex.

This opposition cannot be appeased. Some pundits claim that Mr. Obama has polarized the country by following too liberal an agenda. But the truth is that the attacks on the president have no relationship to anything he is actually doing or proposing.

Right now, the charge that’s gaining the most traction is the claim that health care reform will create “death panels” (in Sarah Palin’s words) that will shuffle the elderly and others off to an early grave. It’s a complete fabrication, of course. The provision requiring that Medicare pay for voluntary end-of-life counseling was introduced by Senator Johnny Isakson, Republican — yes, Republican — of Georgia, who says that it’s “nuts” to claim that it has anything to do with euthanasia.

And not long ago, some of the most enthusiastic peddlers of the euthanasia smear, including Newt Gingrich, the former speaker of the House, and Mrs. Palin herself, were all for “advance directives” for medical care in the event that you are incapacitated or comatose. That’s exactly what was being proposed — and has now, in the face of all the hysteria, been dropped from the bill.

Yet the smear continues to spread. And as the example of Mr. Gingrich shows, it’s not a fringe phenomenon: Senior G.O.P. figures, including so-called moderates, have endorsed the lie.

Senator Chuck Grassley, Republican of Iowa, is one of these supposed moderates. I’m not sure where his centrist reputation comes from — he did, after all, compare critics of the Bush tax cuts to Hitler. But in any case, his role in the health care debate has been flat-out despicable.

Last week, Mr. Grassley claimed that his colleague Ted Kennedy’s brain tumor wouldn’t have been treated properly in other countries because they prefer to “spend money on people who can contribute more to the economy.” This week, he told an audience that “you have every right to fear,” that we “should not have a government-run plan to decide when to pull the plug on grandma.”

Again, that’s what a supposedly centrist Republican, a member of the Gang of Six trying to devise a bipartisan health plan, sounds like.

So much, then, for Mr. Obama’s dream of moving beyond divisive politics. The truth is that the factors that made politics so ugly in the Clinton years — the paranoia of a significant minority of Americans and the cynical willingness of leading Republicans to cater to that paranoia — are as strong as ever. In fact, the situation may be even worse than it was in the 1990s because the collapse of the Bush administration has left the G.O.P. with no real leaders other than Rush Limbaugh.

The question now is how Mr. Obama will deal with the death of his postpartisan dream.

So far, at least, the Obama administration’s response to the outpouring of hate on the right has had a deer-in-the-headlights quality. It’s as if officials still can’t wrap their minds around the fact that things like this can happen to people who aren’t named Clinton, as if they keep expecting the nonsense to just go away.

What, then, should Mr. Obama do? It would certainly help if he gave clearer and more concise explanations of his health care plan. To be fair, he’s gotten much better at that over the past couple of weeks.

What’s still missing, however, is a sense of passion and outrage — passion for the goal of ensuring that every American gets the health care he or she needs, outrage at the lies and fear-mongering that are being used to block that goal.

So can Mr. Obama, who can be so eloquent when delivering a message of uplift, rise to the challenge of unreasoning, unappeasable opposition? Only time will tell.

2009/8/14 21:34

Re: "Republican Death Trip"

Most countries have universal health care. The United States should have done this years ago, being the richest country in the world, yet the poorest of the poor can't even get the proper care because he doesn't have any money. Cuba being a poor nation takes care of their own. France and Britain and Canada all have universal health care, and they three are democratic. In other countries like Norway and Croatia they pay a tax rate of 20% a year which includes their healthcare.

Health Insurance companies will not be eliminated, they still will be needed as not all treatments will be covered. Basic health coverage is the aim of the Obama Administration. Every U.S. citizen should be cared for by the state regardless if they have any money or not. The United States needs to look after their own people before they try to feed and clothe another country.

HOWEVER, This is the wrong time to spend billions of dollars into a sinking ship. Obama is spending money that is being printed without any commodities to back it up, and it's money they've gotten from China and the Saudi's. The Chinese have invested Billions of dollars into the U.S. Treasury Bonds and the Chinese government is telling Obama to spend it wisely, because if the U.S. lose they lose and they will come knocking at the White House doors looking for compensation.

2009/8/14 21:58

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy