SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : A very powerful song about the Cross of Christ!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
anonymity

A very powerful song about the Cross of Christ!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFoLlDdLLVg

2009/8/3 1:16Profile

Re: A very powerful song about the Cross of Christ!

A very moving and well done video, and Misty Edwards is awesome. How could any one see this and not be moved?.....[ the Passion movie as a backdrop ..]

My problem with it is of course the extra biblical liberties that Gibson took, [ a radical Catholic] in the movie "The Passion", in the veneration of Mary. { The video fades with blood on Mary's lips as she kisses Jesus' feet while he hangs on the cross.].....[ Not in the bible, but very moving and emotional, as were numerous references to her that molded her into the central figure in Jesus' crucifixion in the "PASSION".]

What mother would not weep for her child as they were tortured in her presence? Let us not mistake this universal character of motherhood, and pathetic imagery of a bloody and heartbreaking innocent's slaughter...[ Jesus's execution..] as what Love really is. It is not that overwhelming emotion to cry, or vent your compassion over such an injustice done to a Pure one, and that is not WHY we love Him.

"We love Him, because He first loved us!", the Apostle john said, and that was before the foundation of the world..[ He was slain before that foundation..]

It is not the emotions felt when beholding the cruel death. That is transitory; temporal;It is the living emanation from His resurrection that embodies His love...NOW...as He rules and reigns from upon high!

This is precisely the reason the Catholics have a bloody and agonized Jesus forever pinned to that tree; One who forever suffers, forever bleeds, to redeem us. It is so pathetic, to behold Him suffering, and Herein is Love!

It is a Pagan and filthy lie, and blasphemous to think it. He is Alive, in joy ever ending, and He is God Almighty!.

IHOP...[ Misty Edwards is a lead singer there..] tends to lean Catholic, and is monastical in Nature. This is the theology that produces wrenching "worship" songs like these, and they bring no authentic glory to our lord Jesus.

2009/8/3 9:25
anonymity

Re:

Brotom,

I'm not sure if that is a positive or negative post. At one point you say awesome and then no glory to God. I don't know maybe I'm not reading it clear or maybe you mean a half and half things or something. Anyways, as for the Catholic thing. It was interesting how Gibson was touted as a man of God. He was scrutinized as anti Semitic and then not long after he gets caught drunk spelching anti Semitic words. A sad thing indeed as if the enemy set it up himself. Now he from what I hear has gotten into other problems. It is true that it has some false Catholic undertones there is also much truth in it and one might say to a degree that the Catholic tones are light. But yeah, I take it as if Hollywood made a very well produced film about the Passion and that is about as far as I take it in value. And as for Misty. That is hard for me to say. I mean I think historically that there has been good that has come from the Catholic Church and the monastic order would have been an old order from when things may have been more solid. I do not know how far she believes in what. I do know enough about her to say that she is an awesome Christian and one of the most devoted Christians I know of. Many evangelicas sing about the sufferings of Christ. The Scripture write about them. Preachers preach about them. The main point was the love that Jesus has shown us by dying for us I do not see anything wrong about that. Her song was not really even that graphic besides saying bleeding or something, but it is the video that heightens things.

2009/8/3 18:32Profile
anonymity

Re:

I have sent this video to a few friends and they have gotten rocked by it and cried. It is a powerful video. I myself was moved by it and have had some fresh revelation of the love of Christ in the Cross. It has been a while since I have specifically in this manner.

2009/8/3 18:33Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy