SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Prayer is NOT the answer!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Theophila

Re: Prayer is NOT the answer!!

If prayer is us conversing with God Almighty AND HE WITH US....then, yes, prayer is the answer.
Often times though, the highlighted part is missing [i speak for myself].

My desire is for the Holy Spirit to help me [being my intercessor [per Romans 8:26] to pray the Father's will. I believe this is the kind of prayer that 'avails much'.

2009/8/4 20:57Profile
IWantAnguish

VCU @ Richmond, VA

prayer is...

Many people think they're praying to God, when they're actually just speaking out selfish wants and desires to an idol.

Prayer is the submission of the believer unto God's will, praying God's will into this world.

If you don't know God, your prayers will not be heard.

If you truly know the heart of God, He waits on you to pray.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done.

2009/8/5 0:50Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Quote:
I've seen people with a noble obsession for soul-intercession who really had no understanding of God's ways and the New Covenant. When not praying, their lives were filled with all kinds of unrest, strife, love of money and vain worldliness. But when they get together they want to pray for the city, pray for the homeless, pray for the college kids, pray for global revival. But why is there no burden to pray for ourselves, that God would kill the ungodliness in us, so we can be able vessels, meet for the Master's use in intercession, worship, etc?

I have seen plenty of those kinds also, but I am so thankful that I have also seen the kind who get beyond praying for their own perfection, and leave the matter in the hands of our loving Father (Who well disciplines those sons whom He loves), and become so absorbed with His love for their neighbors that they stay before Him in supplication. I have also seen the fruit of such supplication . . . new souls born into God's kingdom and established in Christ.

1 John 3:20  ¶For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
21  Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
22  And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

If we remain in the underdeveloped condition of our hearts condemning us, it is not very likely that we will do much praying for others.

1 John 4:17  ¶Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
18  There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
19  We love him, because he first loved us.

2009/8/5 13:06Profile
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

Prayer in the Holy Spirit is the answer (i dont mean praying in tongues). God answers to our praying in the Spirit and his answer is yes, no, or not yet. He answers to us by sheading his love abroad in our hearts, by forgiving us when we repent, by guiding us thru his Spirit, by being our ALL in ALL. True prayer comes from a humble heart and whenever God finds a humble man that seeks him diligently and sincerly he will reveal himself to Him thry Jesus.

True prayer aspires, believes and persevears. true prayer comes from the heart and its the cry of the soul for mercy and grace. True prayer leads us to a union with God and God is all-sufficient.

2009/8/5 15:42Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Prayer IS the answer.

As an unbeliever, I cryed out to the Lord, and he heard my cry for mercy. I prayed that He would create in me a clean heart. And He did.

Prayer most certainly IS the answer.

[u][b]1 Thessalonians 5:17[/b][/u]

pray without ceasing

2009/8/5 16:03Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Prayer is what?

Is not prayer, the constant thought of the mind, as Jesus said, He did nothing of himself. Jesus has every thought in constant captivity to the Father, this is truly praying without ceasing.

John 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

And, we likewise can do nothing but by the Christ that is in us, because He is of the Father. So, what is our prayer, in Christ, we can do all things, without Him we are nothing, even our prayers.

Seeking Christ in all things is our prayer, and this should be without ceasing, "Take every thought captive".

John 8:28-32 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him. As he spake these words, many believed on him. Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

This is asking amiss, unless our prayer is in obedience to Christ; 2 Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Whatsoever we hear and ask we know we have, because He and the Father love us and we seek Their guidance in our prayers, that whatsoever we ask we know we have, because it's from the Father and His Son in their guidance of what to ask. Does Jesus not know and the Holy Spirit know even before we ask what we need? Then why ask with out Their council in all things.

John 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

John 16:24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

His council in prayer not mine or mans'.

In Christ: Phillip

2009/8/5 17:08Profile

Re:

Quote:
Prayer is what?

:-P I laughed when I read that.

The title was meant to be shocking. It was meant to grab your attention. Not the attention of a man's thread, but to question what you believe about prayer. Is it based upon your idea of what prayer is and what you have been taught to say, or is it something more. I think we should question everything we believe and hold it up to the candle of the LORD and see what we really believe about it and judge it. Paul admonishes us to prove all things, he even went on to say that we should judge ourselves.

No, I don't negate the element of prayer, most certainly not, for I pray all the time.

Read the other postings and you'll get a pretty good idea where we are or at least what angle I am coming at.

God bless and thank you for your post.

2009/8/5 17:51
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

:-o praying more and posting less is AN answer for me.

clint

2009/8/5 18:06Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Quote:
praying more and posting less is AN answer for me.

TRULY words of wisdom!

THANKS!!!

2009/8/5 18:40Profile

Re:

Amen Clint!

2009/8/5 18:47

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy