SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prayer Battle with Hollywood and the State of North Korea, Uk and America , Israel

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Prayer Battle with Hollywood and the State of North Korea, Uk and America , Israel

I have always battled with the filth that spews from Hollywood why gods judgment has not fallen on that industry!

Matthew 11
23 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. 24 But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.

Reading these scriptures and seeing what is going on in Hollywood! When is the judgment of Hollywood!

Also seeing the persecution of North Korea and seeing our brothers and sisters suffering tremendously!
Why has not God judged this nation!

Acts 9
1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest, 2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, F17 whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem. 3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: 4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? 5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest:

If his body is being perseucuted why has the Lord not judged!

2009/8/1 18:09Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Prayer Battle with Hollywood and the State of North Korea, Uk and America , Israe

Hi Dom,

There are things in the hand of Satan that are far more effective than Hollywood. It is the man with the right doctrine who has not the Spirit of Christ but works in the opposite spirit.

The answer in respect to North Korea God has judged this nation severely in the past years. They may perhaps produce some of the finest Christian of this day and age.

2009/8/1 19:32Profile

Re: Prayer Battle with Hollywood and the State of North Korea, Uk and America , Israe

Let us not pray for Judgement, but rather let us pray that mercy be shown to Hollywood. "Where sin aboundeth, Grace much more abounds". Thank God for grace. As sinful as Hollywood is, grace has extended it's arm further than their sin. Instead of Judgement, lets pray that God visit Hollywood with contrition, repentance and a great stirring of souls.

Quote:
If his body is being persecuted why has the Lord not judged!

Persecution is good for us. It strengthens and increases our numbers in the faith. When the disciples were persecuted for His name sake they rejoiced that they were considered worthy to suffer for Him. Persecution is good for us, it also confirms the words of Jesus, "if they hate me, they will also hate you". And when we are despitefully being used, Jesus said to pray for them that do such things. This is how fruit is developed, it's developed by intense heat.

Here in the Atlantic coast of Canada we are experiencing rain like we've never had before. So far our summer has been blanketed by thick clouds, fog and a constant flow of rain. I've never seen the like in all my days. But our fruit trees are taking a hard hit. All that rain is producing fungus on the trees and the fruit are tiny and not producing the yield that is required. Our potatoes fields won't produce large potatoes all because of the lack of sunshine. We can liken these conditions to our own life. When there is no persecution we grow stagnant, complacent, indifferent, lack of commitment etc.. etc.. But when we are standing for the truth of God's word in this untoward generation, then we will bear fruit. The kind that God likes, like a sweet smelling savour in His nostrils. It's the righteous reaction of the believer how he response to evil that is pleasing to God. When the other cheek has been offered, and when one lays his life down for another, that my friend is good for us and glorifies our God which is in heaven.

2009/8/1 23:35
JoanM

I take it, by using the words "Prayer Battle" you mean you have entered into the cosmic, spiritual
battle in which prayer is central. And that you do not mean that you are in battle with God over how things are going and what He is not doing.

That being said, your reference to Matthew 11:23-24 and your question sounds like you are asking How long before "the Day of the Lord" or Christ's return. Much in the Bible addresses that and I am thinking any answer will discuss the idea that it will be longer than believers might like. A long time passed before God took Israel out of Egypt, and before He took them into Canaan. He says why.

As you know, God did not judge Saul in Acts 9, He opened his eyes and ears, convicted him, saved, changed, and used him.

Perhaps something in the book of Jonah and his desire for judgment to fall rather than mercy, on Ninevah addresses your question. Clearly God extends His love to His enemies while being in the process of bringing Glory to His name.

Maybe Psm 74 and Psm 62, and others where the heart-cry is "How long oh Lord", would assist you in prayer.

Most of all praying one, many know and share the pain you and no doubt God feels over the sin and great wickedness abounding in these days. These conditions persuade many that it is Revival, Ruin, or Rapture. Do you pray for revival?

2009/8/2 6:02Profile
Lowly

Re:

Deltadom,

You must read Habakkuk. Habakkuk asks the very same questions in chapter one.

Then God answers him.....

After the Lord answers him Habakkuk says,

"I heard and my inward parts trembled,
At the sound my lips quivered
Decay enters my bones,
And in my place I tremble.
Because I must wait quietly for the day of distress,
For the people to arise who will invade us."

A small description of the day of the Lord from Zephaniah,

"I will bring distress on men
So that they will walk like the blind,
Because they have sinned against the Lord;
And their blood will be poured out like dust.
And their flesh like dung,
Neither their silver nor their gold
Will be able to save them
On the day of the Lord's wrath;
And all the earth will be devoured
In the fire of His jealousy,
For He will make a complete end,
Indeed a terrifying One,
Of the inhabitants of the earth."

Remember what Peter said,
"The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance."

Because we know that the "Day of the Lord" will come suddenly....

Peter says,
"be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless, and blameless, and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation......"

In His amazing grace,
Lowly

2009/8/2 8:17Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy