SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Is God angry with me-please pray

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JesusLoves

Is God angry with me-please pray

It looks like God has forgotten me- What is wrong.

I have been having the best moments of my life with the lord- prayer –worship –praise-fellowship. Past 2 days I do not know what it is –it is a dark cloud that makes me think that God is bored with me- He does not care for me anymore- nothing bad has happened for me to think like this. Instead God has only been good, but I have not done much for him. I do not mind being ordinary- I prefer that –to be active away from the spotlight and see God’s kingdom flourish. This cloud is not because of any sin- I am NOT perfect, but constantly on the vigil to rid of anything that hurts God’s heart. What is it- asking for prayer, before I get sucked into this quicksand. Recently I had replied to someones post and said about Facts-Faith and Feelings- to give feelings the last preference. Fact is jesus loves- Faith is it is true- Feelings should come last- I Know this –ahhhhhh I have no clue on what to say- Please pray.

2009/7/31 12:31Profile
rainydaygirl

Re: God is bored with me-please pray

Wanted to offer a word of caution if I may. I don't think you meant for this but the title of your thread as well as some of the content in your thread actually comes across kind of offensive. God is not some kind of puppet master playing with peoples lives for His own amusement. One day He likes you and is interested in your well being the next He tosses you into a corner finding you boring and could care less. He is our most holy and righteous Father who loves and cares for His children.Yes there are times when for His good purpose He may withdraw Himself for a time but that does not mean He is bored or not interested in our well being. I understand that you are going through a time where you are not sensing His presence in your life and I will pray for you but please reconsider for the sake of others who come to this site and may not be as strong in their walk how you word things?

Hope you will take this in the spirit it is being written. I will be praying for you, perhaps the enemy is attacking you to get your focus off of the Lord and on to self? Causing you to stumble?
with care
rdg

2009/7/31 13:01Profile
HeartSong

Quote:
God is bored –fed up with me. He is not interested in me anymore- What is wrong.

What is wrong is that you are believing the lie of the enemy. Our Lord has said that He will never leave you or forsake you. Believeth thou what He saith?

I will be praying for you. Will you pray for me also as I too am going through some severe testing.

2009/7/31 13:08Profile
givmejesus

Re:

Quote:
Will you pray for me also as I too am going through some severe testing.

Praying for both of you! May God bless you and lead you gently on!

2009/7/31 13:16Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

[i]"Blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed..." (John 20:29)[/i]

We must walk by faith, friend, not by sight or feeling. We trust that God accepts us through what Christ has done, not because we feel it, but because the Lord declares it to be so in the Scripture. So often we reject the objectivity of words for the subjectivity of feelings, but do not do that, enjoy the freedom of resting in the Scripture's objectivity. If God declares that he loves his people, you must believe it, not because you feel it to be so, but because God declared it so in his Scripture.

With care in Christ,
Taylor

2009/7/31 13:17Profile

Prayer is not what you need. We could pray until we are blue in the face. What you need is teaching. You need to be taught the elementary teachings of the faith. There are wonderful sermons on this site that deal with Justification and Sanctification.

Take a deep breath, do a word search on one of these subjects and "feel" out which one is worthy to be listened to.

This is why this site is here. There are a lot of people that go to church that have no idea what salvation is. This site hosts a collection of old and new sermons that are put here by divine appointment for the day we are living in for such souls like yourself and us.

Jesus said, "Straight is the gate and narrow is the way". The words "Straight and Narrow" mean that this journey would be difficult. The greatest of preachers have gone through what your going through. They all could tell you the story how it felt like God slammed the door on their faces. But they did something that few ever do, and that is they believed what the book said. "If you seek Me, you will find me". So they would take words like that and believe that God is not a man that He should lie. Therefore they would set their faces like flint and with all their determination that they could muster they'd seek God until He was found, they would have had a made up mind to seek Him even if it meant never getting an answer.

We say Wow to that, but we are no different, we have the same faith. But we are hesitant because something is holding us back from going all the way. Our minds are clouded over with, "what if". We have a secret sin that we groom every so often. We are lazy!

It's so difficult to seek God when we have everything at our fingertips. It takes calamity or personal ruin that causes us to cry out to God.

Years ago in my "Elijah" days when I would go up to the mountain and seek the LORD. I was determined to seek the LORD because I too didn't seem to be getting anywhere with God. So I borrowed a brothers cabin way up in the sticks. I mean this was country. There I was in pitch darkness, I couldn't even see my hand in front of me, and the LORD says to me, "What are you doing here, go back home". I mean I was set to stay up there like grizzly Adams until I found God. Looking back at it all, I thought that by going into the country I could find God, but my whole attitude was wrong. It wasn't a change of location that was needed, I needed a change of mind, a mind that is to be transformed into the image of Christ.

Stop trying to be a Christian. Be real, be yourself and let God change you into what He wants to change you into.

2009/7/31 17:18
JesusLoves

Re:

All the postings have been a blessing-esp the one asking me to change the title. I do not want anyone to stumble-each life is precious.I did change it a little- in a hurry.

Even as i was praying and rereading all these posts i realize -To obey is better than sacrifice- i must move out of knowing and obey and walk in faith-
All prayers -'to walk in faith and obedience will be greatly appreciated.'

2009/7/31 18:08Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

All the postings have been a blessing-esp the one asking me to change the title. I do not want anyone to stumble-each life is precious.I did change it a little- in a hurry.

Thank you for changing the title and for receiving what I shared with the same heart in was intended, Christs love. Walking daily in faith and obedience is vital in our relationship with the Lord. I to have stumbled and struggled in this area as you mentioned, please know I will be praying for you.

with care
rdg

2009/7/31 19:10Profile
JesusLoves

Re:

The day I posted this thread- ‘Is God angry with me-please pray’- I was on my way out to run an errand- and did not want to ask for prayer. I did it anyway to get some feedback and prayer. The cloud only got darker and darker. So I was glad that I posted the prayer request.
I focused on key bible verses and reread the feedback at SI-

SI believers –God bless each one of you -

I cannot count the number of times I said to myself- - God is holy and righteous- he is not a puppet master- this is a walk of faith- the way is narrow - this is a walk of faith not feelings- God is Holy and righteous – not a puppet master-… Jesus said –straight is the gate and narrow is the way- God is not a man that he should lie.
I am still doing it- just changed the tone to praise Him –To thank him for His word- His love- His eternal covenant. Thankyou for all the feedback-

2009/8/4 0:16Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy