SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Let me recommend a good Christian CD

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Let me recommend a good Christian CD

Country singer Tracy Lawrence has become a Christian, and just released his first Christian oriented CD called "The Rock". I picked it up a couple weeks ago and I was very impressed.

I was a huge fan of his in my "BC" days, and saw him in concert a couple of times. His music back then was a bit on the rowdy honky tonk side (which I loved back then). He ran into legal troubles and was arrested for assault on his wife... and ended up divorced. He was known for substance abuse as well.

He dropped out of the country music scene in the late 90's and during his time off he got saved! Praise the Lord. Now remarried with 2 kids he released a good CD last year that hinted at a change in his life... and now "The Rock" leaves no doubt.

I read several articles about his conversion and I believe he is the real deal. And because most country music fans are very familiar with his earlier music... he has a built in mission field! The new CD debuted at #20 on the charts.

I love it... instead of hymns or the typical country gospel CD, this one is all original songs and is pure Tracy Lawrence.

I also feel much akin to Tracy Lawrence because his journey in life very much parallels mine.

Just wanted to mention to any of you who have heard of him and/or are fans of country music with Christian lyrics.

Krispy

2009/7/30 12:01

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy