SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Gospel of John Movie

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
seekinggod

Fond du Lac, WI

Gospel of John Movie

Anyone else seen the "Gospel of John" movie? I highly recommend it. I'm generally not a big fan of Christian movies, but I was blessed by this one.

2004/9/8 19:16Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Gospel of John Movie

Quote:
Anyone else seen the "Gospel of John" movie? I highly recommend it. I'm generally not a big fan of Christian movies, but I was blessed by this one.

I personally am not a big fan of the 'good news' paraphase translation, there is much lacking in it. I have not watched the entire movie but the parts I saw some was good but others seemed to make Jesus to jovile and loose, acting in almost an unholy manner. Not depiction of Christ will be perfect and with that in mind I suppose all these movies can be used of God in some respects.. The Matthew video and the famous "Jesus" video I think are the 2 best depictions and the scripture in them is tremendous, especially the matthew one which is 100% from the book of matthew in NIV translation I believe.

here is an old thread on the topic:
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=366&forum=35#2074]"The Gospel of John" Upcoming Film[/url]

2004/9/8 19:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy