SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Have you ever???

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
wind_blows

Have you ever???

So hey everyone, I have something that has been on my heart for a while now. Have you ever experienced a time in your life when something happened that just shook you so hard. A time when something that you just knew in your heart could never possibly happen and then it did, and instead of getting up and walking away stronger in the Lord, fear came in and you shut down. You built up walls and closed yourself inside to afraid, to filled with doubt to let others in or to venture out? This is where I am at tonight...if you feel led please pray for me. I know Jesus has just really brought this to the forefront of my life so that I can die to it but these first few steps outside of these self made walls have been a huge struggle for me.

Your little sis in Him
Elizabeth

2009/7/30 1:36Profile

Re: Have you ever???

Dear sister,

If you experienced real trauma, then all your reactions were normal, and it is not merely a matter of faith to move on, but a matter of allowing the Lord in, to restore you to a state of greater health than you had before (which is what He does).

Quote:
something that you just knew in your heart could never possibly happen and then it did,

I would suggest that your previous assessment of what may and may not happen, was unrealistic - not that you should have doubted where you had naturally trusted - but, in that you had made idealistic attributions to people.

People are totally fallible. The Fall saw to that. This is why even with regard to our own expectations of ourselves 'the arm of flesh will fail you, you dare not trust your own', and it is unreasonable to trust others'. 2 Cor 5:16

Many years ago, thoroughly disillusioned with church people, an elder told me he'd discovered, 'blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall not be disappointed'. I do believe that has saved me a great deal of heartache since. [u]Christ[/u] is our refuge and our strength. Psa 18:1, 2, 3 and, Col 3:3.

2009/7/30 8:02

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy