Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : God & Time

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Isn't this thread just tragic and pointless?

It reminds me of what is said in Gen 3, 'Has God said...?'

There is no use of scripture, just lame, useless, pointless reasoning which is not edifying to the body of Christ.

There is already a thread asking, 'Is debate divisive?

I have to ask if this thread is of any use, or will it cause those teethering on the edge of their Christianity, who are trying to move on in their walk with God, will it bring more doubt and questioning to their minds?

Let's not destroy our brethren's minds with useless reasoning.

Also, the use of scripture in our posts would be beneficial to all.

Thanks.

2009/7/30 10:27Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Logic wrote:

Quote:

Any action is an event which has duration, therefore, even God has time; even though it may be seperate from ours.

Yes. You made my point for me. "Our" definition of time is all that you are basing this off of. God is not constrained by how we measure time. Logic, can God stop time and still complete "tasks"?

Quote:
He is not "bound" by time, even his own. However, God is in time; you can't deny this, unless you have a different definition of time.

I can completely deny this. If God is in time, then God is bound by time. God is thus a slave to time. If the creator of heaven and earth is "in" time, He has no control over time. Creator is bound by the created.

Thought provoking topic. Don't know how fruitful it is, as someone has pointed out, but interesting enough.

Come Lord Jesus, in His time :-)

2009/7/30 10:30Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:

enid wrote:

Isn't this thread just tragic and pointless?

It reminds me of what is said in Gen 3, 'Has God said...?'

There is no use of scripture, just lame, useless, pointless reasoning which is not edifying to the body of Christ.

It is suposed to be scientifice or philisofical, not doctrinal.

Maybey I should have posted it in the "General Topics", sorry.

It's not "tragic", unless you don't like thinking about this kind of stuff.

Nothing wrong with discussing this.
I klnow that there can not be any conclusive evidence for any side.
I though it would be fun, but you are just party poopers.

2009/7/30 11:04Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:
Miccah wrote:Logic wrote:
Quote:
Any action is an event which has duration, therefore, even God has time; even though it may be seperate from ours.

Yes. You made my point for me. "Our" definition of time is all that you are basing this off of. God is not constrained by how we measure time. Logic, can God stop time and still complete "tasks"?

Yes, but he can not stop his own time. Otherwise He would stop.

Quote:
I can completely deny this. If God is in time, then God is bound by time. God is thus a slave to time.

to be bound by time is to have a limit of time.
God has all His time he wants, therefore, He is not even bound in His own time.

He is in no hurry, He has no other appointments to get to other than what He is currently doing. Therefore, He is not bound or limited in His own time.

Just as if you had 1,000 years to read a 5 page book. You would not be bound by time with reading that book.

So it is in eternity, we have nothing else to do other than what we will be doing. No restricions, no other appointments.

Quote:
If the creator of heaven and earth is "in" time, He has no control over time

God is real, He mst be in reality. Anything real can be messured; real actions have real durations which can realy be messured. They would be messured by [b][size=medium]?[/size][/b]

Time:
*the system of those sequential relations that any event has to any other, definite and indefinite, non-continuous and continuous durations regarded as that in which events succeed one another.

* A system or method of measuring or reckoning the passage of events and the duration of them.

Quote:
Thought provoking topic. Don't know how fruitful it is, as someone has pointed out, but interesting enough.

Thanx, your not being a "party pooper" as some are.

2009/7/30 11:20Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

So this is a party?

Now I understand.

2009/7/30 13:15Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:
enid wrote:

So this is a party?

Now I understand.

No, you still don't understand.
This is a past-time, something to do, a hobby, fellowship...etc...

2009/7/30 13:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy