Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Our blemished lambs

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
sdb

tucson

Re: lars widerberg

I was really intreged with Lars Widerbergs writings, is there a possible web link that can offer more? thanks scott

2003/8/24 16:04Profile
PJ

Re:

Quote:

crsschk wrote:
I am actually savouring this in small doses, [i][b]selah[/b][/i] for a change as opposed to my usual gluttonous approach

If your experience with WRT is anything like mine, you will only be able to take it in small doses. It's kind of like this... Read and pray, read and repent, read and pace the floor, read and pray, read and repent, etc,etc,etc.

Quote:
and plan on re-reading it, over and over again, alongside WRT.....Will crsschk burst into flames?!

It a strong possibility!
Stay hungry and guard what God is doing with all your heart!

One who shares your fire,
PJ

2003/8/24 20:24Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I am expecting my copy of Why Revival Tarries, possibily today (side note, ever notice Gregs ministry 'WRTbooks', W R T.....O.K., maybe I am a little slow)\

YES! That was my major motivation for starting this internet and book ministry: WRT Books! I read the book 'Why Revival Tarries' at this camp along side a few tozer books and it stirred me so much. And eversince I have felt a need to really do something about the lukewarmness in my life and in the church in North America.

2003/8/24 20:39Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
along side a few tozer books and it stirred me so much

This is going beyond strange....
I was just discussing this with my wife, I will have to start a new post once I can flesh out my thoughts.....as a teaser..."coincidences?"

2003/8/24 21:06Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

By the way, which Tozer books?

2003/8/24 21:08Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Pursuit of God" (Which is an awesome calling to every believer to seek God with [b]all[/b] their heart, soul, mind and strength) and also "The Divine Conquest" (Which is a great book on the reality of the Holy Spirit in the believers life!)

Here is a great listing of most of tozers works: [url=http://www.indwelt.com/books/Tozer/]http://www.indwelt.com/books/Tozer/[/url]

2003/8/24 21:18Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Your killing me!
I don't know if you picked up on it since you have been back, but I have been just besides myself about "Pursuit of God" (about 3/4's of the way through) and blabbing incestantly about it in the forum.

Thanks for the link.

2003/8/24 22:10Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hi PJ,

Quote:
If your experience with WRT is anything like mine, you will only be able to take it in small doses. It's kind of like this... Read and pray, read and repent, read and pace the floor, read and pray, read and repent, etc,etc,etc.

So far I can see your thinking! Just getting started....

Quote:
Stay hungry and guard what God is doing with all your heart!

Amen.
Thanks PJ

2003/8/24 22:24Profile
Zapthycat

Livermore, CA

Re:

So you received WRT eh? I cannot recommend this book highly enough. Read it. Read it the whole way through. Let it infect you and convict you.

Like I said before, if I read it at night (most of my free time is at night time) I can't sleep, so I need to start setting aside time in the mornings to read it. I'd like to read a chapter every day for the rest of my life to keep it fresh

A convention would indeed be something cool to look into. Mini-convention, fellowship, prayer meeting, idea gathering, whatever. I fully admit that finding people that truly are wanting to "give their all" are hard to find, most everyone that I meet or know are in the same rut that I was in... give time Sundays and Wednesdays, have a little bible reading prayer or devotional every day of the week, but not truly LIVE IT LIKE THE BIBLE.

If God has done so much for me, if he has purchased my life from sin with his own blood... shouldn't he have my full life to do as he wills with it?

I sooooo want to be consumed, every fiber of my being ungulfed with a passion, burden, OBSESSION to do the things of God. If you only knew what he brought me from! I'm sure we all have our testimoney's, but my testimoney is MINE and no one can understand it like me, likewise your testimoney is YOURS, and no one can understand it like YOU.

I was surfing and I found a quote from John Wesley: "Give me 100 preachers who fear nothing but sin and desire nothing but God, and I care not a straw whether they be clergy or laymen; such alone will shake the gates of hell and set up
the kingdom of Heaven on earth."

WOW. I firmly believe that 100 men could and would do that... and I am ashamed that I have not consecrated myself enough to be one of those 100 men.

God, stamp eternity on my eyeballs......

-JW

2003/8/25 1:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy