Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Support : Persistant Login Connection

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Persistant Login Connection

I have fine tuned the script so that there should be a 'Persistant Login Connection' which means that once you login you shouldnt have to do it again, Unless you click the logout link or you clear the cookies in your browser settings.

NOTE: If you are logging into SermonIndex from a different public computer ensure you press the 'logout' link when done with your session.

I think this will be a very helpful feature for many of the regular users, I havent had to login for the last 2 days..

2004/9/7 12:08Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: Persistant Login Connection

Hi Greg
does that mean we shall show up as 'logged in' even if we have shut down and machines and gone to bed?

2004/9/7 14:05Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
does that mean we shall show up as 'logged in' even if we have shut down and machines and gone to bed?

No, yes that you for that question of clarification, as soon as you close the broswer window you will appear as logged out in the system.. I believe there is a 3 minute delay from the username showing in the 'whos online' list to appearing to be off the system. And when you open the broswer window again to any page of SI you will appear online automatically.

what do you think of this? I find it useful.

2004/9/7 14:27Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
what do you think of this? I find it useful.

Is anyone having [b]any[/b] troubles with the login system in the last few days? Please report to me if you are having any bugs or trouble with it.

2004/9/8 16:05Profile
revival9

Arizona, USA

Re: Forgetting to log out...

Lemme get this straight:

If I don't actively log-out before disconnecting, then every time the computer reconnects, my user name shows up as online. Do I have that right?

I just realized this today. If I don't surf SI for a week, but forgot to log out the last time I was here, I'm going to show up in the 'who's online' box anyhow. Hmmm. I'm not here that often but it must look that way. Sorry! I'll try and remember the log out button.

Mrs. Fred :roll:

2004/10/18 12:17Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I just realized this today. If I don't surf SI for a week, but forgot to log out the last time I was here, I'm going to show up in the 'who's online' box anyhow. Hmmm. I'm not here that often but it must look that way. Sorry! I'll try and remember the log out button.

Mrs Fred it works this way that if you dont log out when you close the browser or browse away from the SI site you will log out automatically and then when you come back to any page of SI you will login automatically. You will NOT appear online all the time in between. I hope that makes more sense. I think its best to stay logged in so you dont have to re-type user/pass all the time. If you need more clarification on this let me know. :-)

2004/10/18 12:34Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re: Persistant Login Connection

So if I'm lost I can find myself here. hey what a deal!!!

2004/10/18 14:43Profile
revival9

Arizona, USA

Re:

Thanks Greg, for clearing that up. So I DON'T have to log out, ever---when I browse away from SI I'll be automatically logged out. Cool.

The few minute's delay was also throwing me off. I didn't understand any of this till now.

Mrs. Fred

2004/10/19 12:46Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy