SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : catholic church

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

catholic church

Did the original catholic church beliefs resemble moreof what protesants believe today than the catholics today? Did they believe in the inerrancy of the Bible? How different our they from the catholic church today?

2009/7/24 3:07Profile

Re: catholic church...Not of God's church.

If you are serious about such a study, find out for yourself. there is a book I recommend, called; TWO BABYLONS....by Alexander Hislop. You can get it at Amazon for under 15$.

This is an intense and scholarly work, that defines the origins of Catholicism. Do not confuse the RCC with the primitive Church at Rome, that Paul founded. The RCC was formerly a remnant of the mysterious Satanic order of Demon worship that ALL of the old world was engulfed in, that was typified at Babylon.

The seat of that power was moved from eon to eon, and settled in Rome. When it was decided that this ancient cult could not overcome the true church of God directly, they became Christians, veiling their wicked practices with Christian symbolism. It was about this time, that the High Priests...[ who wore red..] marched through a small stream on the outskirts of Rome, to be baptized. Wah Lah! Satanic Priests are now Christian ministers.

The worship of MARY, who is the mediatrix...[ mediator between man and God..]is the worship of the Queen of Heaven herself; a demon godess akin to the JEZEBEL demoness, and every "Saints Day", [ days set aside to venerate certain passed saints ], are in reality the very exact days that All of the ancient world worshiped a plethora of individual devils, BY NAME!

The Pope was the representation of Nimrod, who was the first Satan possessed Caesar type, who was also the first to dominate the entire Earth; a subduer of men, a soul hunter. It is possible that behind the closed doors of the Cardinals secret rituals when they coronate the Popes, that they are anointed, possessed by major satanic princes. As in the ancient world, this high Priest of the Satanic Mysteries enjoyed unlimited dictatorial power.

The RCC is rife with all of the symbolism found in the ancient cult of Satan and demon worship. The fish hat that the Pope wears? Dagon; the fish god that the Philistines worshiped..

The Vatican is most likely the exact site where human sacrifice was offered, and Satan worshiped. Only the symbolism has changed today.

"Hail Mary mother of God!" It is a Satanic abomination even to think it.

2009/7/24 7:57
White_Stone

North Central Florida

excellent reply

Dear Brother Tom,

You expressed everything I have come to believe about the Roman Catholic Church.

A quote from the "The True Church," by J.C. Ryle D.D. (1816-1900)

http://www.theinvisiblechurch.ca/fundamentally/fund3/Fundc23.html

Quote:
It is a Church whose existence does not depend on forms, ceremonies, cathedrals, churches, chapels, pulpits, fonts, vestments, organs, endowments, money, kings, governments, magistrates, or any act of favor whatsoever from the hand of man. It has often lived on and continued when all these things have been taken from it; it has often been driven into the wilderness or into dens and caves of the earth, by those who ought to have been its friends. Its existence depends on nothing but the presence of Christ and His Spirit; and they being ever with it, the Church cannot die.

This is the Church to which the Scriptural, titles of present honor and privilege, and the promises of future glory, especially belong; this is the body of Christ; this is the flock of Christ; this is the household of faith and the family of God; this is God's building, God's foundation, and the temple of the Holy Spirit. This is the Church of the first-born, whose names are written in heaven; this is the royal priesthood, the chosen generation, the peculiar people, the purchased possession, the habitation of God, the light of the world; the salt and the wheat of the earth; this is the "Holy Catholic Church" of the Apostle's Creed; this is the "One Catholic and Apostolic Church" of the Nicene Creed; this is that Church to which the Lord Jesus promises, "the gates of hell shall not prevail against it" (Matt 16:18), and to which He says, "I am with you always, even unto the end of the world" (Matt 16:18; 28:20).

This is the only Church which possesses true unity. Its members are entirely agreed on all the weightier matters of religion, for they are all taught by one Spirit. About God, and Christ, and the Spirit, and sin, and their own hearts, and faith, and repentance, and necessity of holiness, and the value of the Bible, and the importance of prayer, and the resurrection, and judgment to come-about all these points they are of one mind. Take three or four of them, strangers to one another, from the remotest corners of the earth; examine them separately on these points; you will find them all of one judgment.

This is the Church true revival will bring.

Kindest regards,
White Stone

2009/7/24 9:38Profile

Re: catholic church

I've read Two Babylons (a long time ago) and it is certainly relevant to understanding what the RCC has become. But, there was a time when Catholics had the Bible in their hands - just ordinary believers - somewhere between the Reformation, and the 20th century.

I've picked this up from reading of Charles Chinoquy's life and conversion (not sure I've spelled his name correctly) in a book calld 'Fifty years in the Church of Rome', which is instructive.

There is a surprising amount to be gleaned from some of the online lists of Popes and their contributions to what the RCC has claimed to believe in the past, (or, in scholarly books), as there is also, in Wylie's study on The History of Protestantism (which I have not read except for snippets).

There is also a book which was recently published about the assassination of Abraham Lincoln, based on papers with the former priest's family had kept a hold of for over a hundred years. I haven't read that either.

Always though, keep at the back of your mind that Jesus Christ died to save [i]people[/i], and being born within an erroneous system of religion by no means prevents Him from getting His man. We were [i]all[/i] idolaters, once, and the whole world lies in wickedness, including forms of religion which don't teach biblical truth.

2009/7/24 10:32

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy