SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Cultural Relevancy

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Compton

Cultural Relevancy

I am curious if anyone here knows if any other ideological group besides the American Christian, both conservative and liberal, talk in terms of being "culturally relevant."?

It occurs to me that we are unique in this concern to be relevant to culture. Everyone else just is and culture results.

Just wanting your thoughts.

MC

2009/7/23 14:00Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re: Cultural Relevancy

Interesting question. In terms of other major world religions, I can't think of any others that make a big deal about being "culturally relevant". There may be some smaller cults out there that have this emphasis. In fact, I'm sure small ones come and go quite often that are really only relevant to one generation.

Really interesting and thought provoking topic. It seems to me that the gospel and it's proclamation is an objective, historical event, and really has very little to do with a particular culture.

With care in Christ,
Taylor

2009/7/23 14:05Profile

Re: Cultural Relevancy

Hi Mike,

Have you ever looked at Paul's sermon on Mars Hill in Acts 17, with cultural relevancy in mind?

Then look at where he was (the Areopagus) and count the number of sentences he used.

However relevant he was being, it was not brought inside the sanctuary, and smothered over everything. I think that's the difference.

2009/7/23 15:51
Compton

Re:

Thanks Taylor and Alive.

I was just musing through an issue today and thought I would field the question. :)

Blessings,

MC

2009/7/23 21:35Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy