SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I am a Christian and was a Rainbow Girls

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
OrlandoMel

I am a Christian and was a Rainbow Girls

I have to refute some of the experiences listed here. I am a strong Christian and an Ordained Elder in my church and was a Rainbow Girl. In addition to my church involvement, this was one of most formative involvements. The stations are Love, Religion, Nature, Immortality, Patriotism and Service, as well as Faith, Hope and Charity. It uses scripture as part of its ritual. Through it I learned many spiritual principles and scripture that serve me to this day. As part of our time, I remember visiting other member's churches, including a Jewish synagogue. Other than perhaps there being some bad influences in that particular Rainbow Girls Assembly, I can think of no reason that the organization or principles would lead to bulimia. Additionally, bulimia is an addiction and highly correlated to sexual abuse. So, in summary, Rainbow Girls was an incredible experience for me and I haven't seen much in these posts about specific reasons why it would be a problem to be a Christian and a Rainbow Girl. I also think that it may be a positive outlet for the girl.

2009/7/23 11:35Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: I am a Christian and was a Rainbow Girls

Quote:
I am a strong Christian and an Ordained Elder in my church and was a Rainbow Girl.

Excuse me but I see 'red flags' popping out all through your post. It is my understanding that women are not to hold 'office' in Churches. The Apostle Paul was very clear in explaining this. Do not speak and never be above a man.

With this in mind, how can I give any credence to anything you say? You say your learned "spiritual principles and scripture that serve me to this day." I think you should be learning from the Word of God not possibly 'out of context' Scripture quotations.

The Rainbow Girl thread has been quiet for a long time, what made you feel you needed to defend your association? Especially to start another thread to do so?

I am curious what kind of church has women ordained as Elders. I know my Mother's church does things like this but it is a 'feel good' church that exists only to collect the money from the retiree membership and to give everyone there salve for their consciences. It breaks my heart to hear her speak of how 'nice' everyone is there. That 'niceness' is their only reward.

white stone

2009/7/23 12:36Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Rainbow Girls? Sometimes, I wonder if ignorance really is bliss. I have no idea what that is. And for some strange reason I'm glad.. :-D

2009/7/23 21:46Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy