Ole

Re:

great wisdom, thanks
especially that Jesus is all I need in my lacks

Ole

2009/7/21 1:55Profile
JoanM

Re: Jesus is needed

AbideinHim made reference to “ and we must see the truth in Galatians 2:20. Now the last part of that verse says that, 'I live by the faith of the Son of God'.“

I have never heard or read anyone who pointed out the importance that it is “the faith OF Jesus Christ.” It is always changed into “faith in Jesus Christ.” I agree that our faith IS [b]IN[/b] Him, His finished work, His person, no doubt about that. But there is an important point always passed over. IT IS [b]HIS FAITH[/b]. It really isn't mine: it is a gift; His is the origin. There are tremendous lessons and much fruit here (stewardship of faith; the strength; in Him, He is in us, etc.).

Oli, in the tape you reference, Tozer spoke of “[b]the hearing of faith[/b].” Gal. 3: 2-5 “This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?” Rom. 10:17 “So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” Eph 2:8 “For by grace are ye saved [b]through faith[/b]; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:” Romans 1: 16 – 17 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the [u]power of God unto salvation[/u] to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed [b]from faith to faith[/b]: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. AbideinHim references 1 Cor. 1:30 - “[b]But of him are ye in Christ Jesus[/b],...”

The thread “Sanctification by Oswald Chanbers”, posted today, makes a similar point at the end: “[b]Sanctification is not something Jesus Christ puts into me: it is Himself in me[/b]. (1 Cor. 1:30.)”

Oli, your first post on this “your” thread read as though you had become/were becoming fed up with something (a bit tired of living on my own resources). How could this be anything other than good. Then you reference the message given by Tozer (I listened to it), and ask for personal testimony. Did you find that Tozer tape the same way a somewhat hungry man finds food? Have you marked that spot, like the Derrick Prince's “seven steps to revival” (have not listened to that one yet). Do you think that Tozer or Prince know something about the power of God? I am not recommending men here.

You said: “because of my church background, I have almost nothing to stand on, they gave me nothing”. Is that the heart of it Oli? [u][b]Hearing[/u][/b] (from) God puts you on the side of Truth (John 18:37), a foundation to stand on. Foundations come first. Clearly God has given you something, or you would not be searching so, would not know something was amiss. God knows how to break through to each of us. May God, may Jesus Christ, the Word of God, provide for you and enable you to stand on His abundant foundation.

2009/7/22 16:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy