SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Hi and intro.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Hi and intro.

Hi, I love this site. Only wish I had a faster connection to download sermons! My favorite are from Leonard Ravenhill. I was able to hear him while I lived in the Lindale, TX area in 1980 while training at YWAM Twin Oaks DTS. He would preach at Agape Force often and had a prayer meeting every Fri. night for a long time. I only attended the prayer meeting once. Wish I had gone more now. :-(

I was saved in Jan. 73 during the Jesus People and charismatic renewal that swept the country. Not long after that I found "Herald OF His Coming" newspaper at a public library in Tampa, FL. I was ruined for revival from that time on.
You can subscribe for free at:
www.heraldofhiscoming.com

I was at the revival at ORU in 1980 in which Keith Green ministered. A group of students at ORU had been praying for revival before we even knew he was coming. I can testify that God does move in answer to prayer. One of the inspirations for us praying was a brother there named Jonathan who did his senior paper on revival. The revival was short lived - only Sat. night. But as has been said before in words similar to this: "God can do more in revival in one day than in a thousand other days." AMEM!

Last year my daughter and I were able to learn from a ministry in Kansas City called "Friends Of the Bridegroom/KCIHOP" Their website is:
www.fotb.com
They are a 24/7 prayer furnace. One of their main cries in prayer is for revival. Hope you can visit them. My daughter attended two of their summer teen internships and I know she will never be the same.
I was able to pray many times with one of the generals of intercession worldwide - Noel Alexander - at his church in Olathe, KS. which has prayer meetings several mornings of the week.
He also has a prayer set Fri. mornings at KCIHOP.
If you have any questions about any of the above send me a note. I am one hungry man for God willing to share some of the best eating establisments there are in the Spirit!

Also, If you live in the Clemson, SC area and have a desire to pray for revival there at that large university let me know.
Anyways, I have a web site on prayer at:
www.prayerforallpeople.com
Check it out and visit the forum community site which I just started last week using Xoops. I hope to put up some sermons by Mike Bickle soon. If you have any annointed recordings of prayer for revival I sure would love to upload those also.
blessings,
Brother Galen :-)

2004/9/5 20:58
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Hi and intro.

Quote:
Hi, I love this site. Only wish I had a faster connection to download sermons! My favorite are from Leonard Ravenhill. I was able to hear him while I lived in the Lindale, TX area in 1980 while training at YWAM Twin Oaks DTS. He would preach at Agape Force often and had a prayer meeting every Fri. night for a long time. I only attended the prayer meeting once. Wish I had gone more now.

Praise God thats wonderful brother, welcome to SermonIndex. Leonard Ravenhill was primarly the reason this online ministry exists I was very shaken by his messages on revival and the book "Why Revival Tarries" had to get into action to progate this message of revival and prayer. Thank you for sharing all the things in your post. Even though organizations are good I think the emphasis needs to be put on Christ and on his kingdom, many people are seeking after revival in groups and people and places. Revival is where you are when God moves, as D.L. Moody said draw a circle around you and pray to God and say start revival here first.

My personal conviction is not too put up any messages from brownsville, kansas city prophets, toronto airport sort of movements. God is working and using them but I believe thats "not" the revival we need or are looking for. Also thanks for sharing your website url and others but I would ask that you be selective when promoting ministries and that they be according to the discussion topic.

I think your website is awsome brother, I think you should transist the entire site into xoops :-P well im abit biased I suppose in my judgement. If you need help with modules, etc I would be more than happy to help, I have had alot of them designed and modifyed by coders. And I have spent many hours modifying certain sections.

2004/9/5 21:10Profile

Re:

Thanks Greg for your kind words and the offer of help on my web site. I may move the whole thing to Xoops and take you up on your generous offer.
I don't see how you have any time though with all that you are doing here.
I will honor your request to be "selective when promoting ministries and that they be according to the discussion topic."

blessings,
Brother Galen :-)

2004/9/5 22:33
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Thanks Greg for your kind words and the offer of help on my web site. I may move the whole thing to Xoops and take you up on your generous offer.

I will make abit of time, I think a ministry focused on prayer is great! It is sure to reap some fruit. Contact me first but if you want to get a few choice sermons from SermonIndex unto your site let me know. I can also provide you with my module hacks.. big question is are you using xoops 2.0 or 1.3.x? I am using the earlier version and all my modules wont work on a 2.0 system.

2004/9/5 23:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy