SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : The Greatest Truth Meets The Greatest Lie

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MJones

Missouri

The Greatest Truth Meets The Greatest Lie

John 14

The greatest truth in all the Bible is that God loves us. Is it any wonder that the greatest lie would be Satan’s attempt to convince us that He doesn’t?

John 14:21 says, “Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him." Satan is a master of twisting truth. He can heap so many commands on us (twisted versions of God’s commands) that there is no way we can obey them all. As hard as we may try, we can’t do it and he knows it.

It is the perfect setup to use against us to convince us that God does not love us. That is the way he works. He will take truth and twist it. As he feeds us his twisted version of the truth, his goal of course is to get us to go for it instead of what is really true. If he can get us to focus our efforts on the importance of obeying, knowing he will feed us more than we can obey, we’re done.

From personal experience, I believe to focus first on obeying is getting the cart before the horse. John 15 will get into this more, but for now I will say that we must first know Him, and then we must learn to abide in Him. As we take the time to abide, we learn to distinguish the difference between His truth and Satan’s lies.

All too fitting is Matthew 11:28, 29 which says, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." We must come to Him that we might learn from Him what He requires. If we do not, we will hear Satan’s version of what God requires. The greatest truth will meet the greatest lie.

2009/7/17 7:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy