SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Hate crimes bill covering gays would get Senate vote Thur.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Hate crimes bill covering gays would get Senate vote Thur.

[b]Hate crimes bill covering gays would get Senate vote Thur.[/b]

The U.S. Senate is expected to vote as early as July 16 on hate crimes legislation that not only would expand protections for homosexuals and transgendered people but could threaten religious freedom.

The measure was introduced July 15 as an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act, S. 1390, and the Southern Baptist Convention's public policy entity quickly issued an e-mail alert urging opposition to the proposal.

read more: http://baptistpress.com/BPnews.asp?ID=30888

2009/7/16 16:40Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Hate crimes bill covering gays would get Senate vote Thur.

pray!

2009/7/16 16:43Profile
jameztree

halifax, canada

these things are passing because preachers and us Christians have not stood up for righteousness and said "thus saith the Lord" in that homosexuality ia an abomination.........

2009/7/16 18:05Profile

I think thats great. I'm serious. If I was led to preach a sermon that the Bible says that two men laying together isnt right, it's sin, I'm going to preach it....and if the local PD wants to put cuffs on my wrist and haul me off to jail, I'd consider that a privledge. I was just talking with my mentor Ted about that today.

I told him, if they fined me, I'd tell the judge, "due respect sir, I'm not paying this court a dime, do what you have to do, and if that means you throw me in jail for preaching God's Word, do it, I count it as a privledge, just make sure I got me a Bible, some other books, a pad of paper and a few pens.

That said I would have to be [b]led[/b]by the Lord to preach that sermon, not just to do it to make mess, you know what I mean?

These episcopals think they're doing right by their stand on ordaining gay pastors, but they're not, and I'd tell them that too. It's just sin. I would not preach it with a hateful spirit, like old Fred Phelps, but I would say in love, you're not doing right by God, you're not following what God wants for you, and if you think you all are, you're just deluded, its so plain and simple, read the Bible.

a little persecution wouldnt hurt the Church, I think it would help the Church.

much love in Christ, neil

2009/7/16 22:27
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: Hate crimes bill

Goodness,

It's a sad, sad day when preachers don't have anything else to preach on except homosexuality; there are sixty five and three quarter books of the Bible left!! ;-) But I know I'm probably the lone thinker on this issue!! (dodging all the Bibles!)

Quote:
Natan4Jesus wrote:
a little persecution wouldnt hurt the Church, I think it would help the Church.

I like that... that is one way to look at it brother!

2009/7/16 22:41Profile

jamez

these things are passing because the "god of this age" is running the world, thats what it says in the Bible, 2nd Corinthians, plain and simple, and there are so many abominations, and sin soaked behavior, thats legislated by secular legislation, whore mongering, war mongering, greed, love and worship of money. what do you expect? You could have a battalion of preachers screaming about all the sin and hellishness in this world, and it wouldnt matter one whit.

Governing powers are gonna do what they're going to do, here's the question, are we ready to be persecuted for preaching the Word?...and to [b]count it a privledge to suffer for the Name?[/b]

when the "god of this age", persecutes the Church, the Church just gets stronger.

I didnt write this post my brother to be argumentative or contentious with you...not at all, I just say we keep clean by letting secular govt do what its going to do, they do anyway, we keep clean by concentrating on Jesus, and not getting involved with the filth of "politics".

Believe me, if the sons of darkness are entitled to their "freedoms" and their freedom of speech, so should we, and if we're NOT, then the whole thing is exposed as the hypocrisy that it is...and then we get persecuted, and thats a good thing.

much love in Jesus, neil

2009/7/16 22:46

Lysa

Quote:
It's a sad, sad day when preachers don't have anything else to preach on except homosexuality;

I agree. If I was preaching in a Church, and I knew that there were some gay men in the pews, I would be pleading with them, imploring them, weeping, "Please, wake up, listen to God, He doesnt want you to be like this, if you just open your heart wide, and hear the Voice of God, you know what I'm saying is right, but if you don't want to open up your heart, and you want to self justify your actions, then you can never expect the Spirit of God to dwell within you. It would be the same as if I , who am unmarried, decided I was going to have sex with a woman out of wedlock. I would NOT be listening to the Voice of God, and to me, the thought of not listening to the Voice of God is a rebellion that would just break my heart, remembering that He went to the Cross, and suffered to cover my sins, and your sins, do you really want to turn your back on Jesus, Who suffered so much to bring you into loving relationship with a Merciful Wonderful God?"

thats what I'd say, and only by His Grace, I'd say it in love.

Oh, Jesus is wonderful, he can convert the most hardhearted atheist around, Jesus can do anything. I should know, He saved a sinner like me, and if He can do it with me, He could do it with anybody. Praise His Name!!!

2009/7/16 23:07
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: Lysa

Natan4Jesus wrote:

Quote:

Oh, Jesus is wonderful, he can convert the most hardhearted atheist around, Jesus can do anything. I should know, He saved a sinner like me, and if He can do it with me, He could do it with anybody. Praise His Name!!!

Amen brother.

2009/7/16 23:11Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy