SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The book Pagan Christianity(Don't be Duped}

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
rbanks

Re:

Quote:

reformer wrote:

Most christians do not like the idea of people leaving there "churches" for something different other than what is currently out there. if someone decides to meet in a home they are classified as a heretic. Most Christians have to go "church" because that is there identity, they have to perform. A spirit of religion tells us that we need to get up on Sunday and go. What would happen if we came under persecution and we had to abandon our buildings and meet privately?

Brother you mention “most Christians” in your paragraph like you are able to speak for the majority of Christians and why they do things.

You also sound like you are against Christians going to a public building. I have also learned that people like what makes them feel good in what they are doing. They like to find something to justify their actions when doing something.

You also mention people calling people who meet in a house a heretic but I don’t believe a true Christian would do such a thing.

The part where you mention about “What would happen if we came under persecution and we had to abandon our buildings and meet privately” then if you are a true Christian you would still meet together anywhere you could but those who don’t meet in public want get to find out will they. Christians are not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together whether it is in a public building or in a private home. But whether it is in a private home or in a public building we are to be his witnesses to let the light of Christ shine to others.

Acts 18:4 And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.

The bible says that Jesus taught on many occasions in the synagogues and all through the book of Acts they were going to the synagogue sharing Christ. I remember years ago I was going to this church and I didn’t believe the people were getting the full gospel message but I stayed there for a season and I witness to people who came through the door on many occasions after the service. I am praying for the church as a whole but I will not speak against going to church in a public building or any other type of meeting place. I don’t believe in forsaking the meeting and I definitely will not speak against going to a public building where the full gospel is being preached. People need to be sitting under the anointed word of God whether it is a public building or a house church.

Blessings to you!

2009/7/14 14:33Profile

Re:

I just read it too... and all I can say is it seems to me that the article's author set out to prove something instead of approaching the topic with an "open mind" so to speak. He had a bias. I can approach anything with a bias and make my bias win out.

Thats what seems to be happening here.

Also... I find it interesting that when I read posts from people on this forum bashing Pagan Christianty and are also honest enough to admit they never read the book... they always conclude the exact opposite of what the book is actually trying to express.

Krispy

2009/7/14 14:36

Re:

Quote:
The part where you mention about “What would happen if we came under persecution and we had to abandon our buildings and meet privately” then if you are a true Christian you would still meet together anywhere you could but those who don’t meet in public want get to find out will they. Christians are not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together whether it is in a public building or in a private home. But whether it is in a private home or in a public building we are to be his witnesses to let the light of Christ shine to others.

I dont recall anyone arguing about this. Of course we should do these things, and gather together with other believers often... and even more so as the day draws near.

When did anyone say anything contrary to that in this discussion?

And by the way... I have been labeled a heretic by "church building dwellers" because we choose to meet in homes. And people in our fellowship share their lives together... more often then Sunday morning and Wednesday night, I can assure you. And if one has a need it is met. Period.

How is this not church? How are we forsaking the gather together? Because we dont ever go to a public building? May they all burn to the ground if anyone thinks that they are necessary for God's people... they are not. God's temple now is you and me.

Krispy

2009/7/14 14:45
rbanks

Re:

Brethren,

Has anyone really read my original post and my replies on this thread?

Truth does not offend those who love the truth. What majority of people are raving about this book?

Is it the people who are truly blessed meeting in their public church building or is it the people who have left the church building because of the problems they have experienced.

Jesus corrected error but he did not down any group of people who were following Him.

Mark 9:38-41 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. For he that is not against us is on our part. For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.

Blessings to all!

2009/7/14 14:58Profile
reformer

Re:

Quote:
Brother you mention “most Christians” in your paragraph like you are able to speak for the majority of Christians and why they do things.

No I don't speak for most Christians...but I can tell you living in the bible belt in a SBC town...if you DON'T go to "church" then you are deemed something other than a Christian. So I can comfortably say that "most" think this way...due to where I live.

Quote:
You also sound like you are against Christians going to a public building.

Not against it...I came out of a "church building". Quite the opposite from my experience more people in the "church" are against those who feel lead to house church or some other method of gathering.

Quote:
I have also learned that people like what makes them feel good in what they are doing. They like to find something to justify their actions when doing something.

I agree, that's why they pile into multi million dollars buildings because it makes them feel good. (I know you probably meant that comment directly towards me and others)

Religion is a pictured painted by the devil.

Quote:
The part where you mention about “What would happen if we came under persecution and we had to abandon our buildings and meet privately” then if you are a true Christian you would still meet together anywhere you could but those who don’t meet in public want get to find out will they.

Never said I didn't meet with other believers, you assume it doesn't happen because I don't go to a church building. It does not say in the text that they meet every week, on Sundays or Wednesday...they just said don't forsake it when there is opportunity to gather. This is where you are incorrect, just because you go to church on Sunday doesn't mean you are gathering together.

Quote:
The bible says that Jesus taught on many occasions in the synagogues and all through the book of Acts they were going to the synagogue sharing Christ.

Ironic that Jesus went into the established system and shared the truth of the Gospel. John 4:22-24

Quote:
People need to be sitting under the anointed word of God whether it is a public building or a house church.

1 John 2:27

Blessings
reformer

2009/7/14 16:07Profile

Re:

Quote:
Acts 18:4 And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.

What's amazing in this statement is that Paul, even though he wasn't a part of that synogogue, was even able to reason and teach as he did. In today's church system, only a select few are allowed to speak.

2009/7/14 16:19
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

"Acts 18:4 And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks."

This took place before he turned towards the Gentiles. I believe, my humble opinion, is that he went there because that is where the most people were. He wasn't going to speak on a mountain top to the wind but to the Lost Sheep and he had to go where there were to do this.

It pains me to see how you are fighting against what must come to be. Reformer is correct, they met together when it was appropriate. They did not have the luxury of having 40 hour work weeks, they had to make a living for their families and this took back breaking work most of the growing season. They did not have cars to make gathering together simple and quick, they had to travel by foot or if lucky donkey. They did not live the easy life we do in this century.

my two cents,
white stone

2009/7/14 17:01Profile
rbanks

Re:

Quote:

White_Stone wrote:

It pains me to see how you are fighting against what must come to be. Reformer is correct, they met together when it was appropriate. They did not have the luxury of having 40 hour work weeks, they had to make a living for their families and this took back breaking work most of the growing season. They did not have cars to make gathering together simple and quick, they had to travel by foot or if lucky donkey. They did not live the easy life we do in this century.

my two cents,
white stone

I would like to reply to this comment in particular if you were implying this to me.

"It pains me to see how you are fighting against what must come to be. Reformer is correct, they met together when it was appropriate"

I don't know how in all my posts that you came to this conclusion.

Although I feel that many have not fully grasped the perspective of what I was trying to convey in this thread I am still very much encouraged in the Lord.

I do pray God's best upon all his people regardless of how or where they meet together.

Blessings to all!

2009/7/14 17:36Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: The book Pagan Christianity

Quote:
rbanks wrote in 1st post:
You call yourself a Christian and start telling someone else how to live and serve God you will be held accountable for those people you influence.

wrote in 2nd post:
We all will have to answer for our actions and I still believe we need to be careful with the words and message we are striving to get across.

Brother, I have no argument with you. If you would permit me to express what I got in your original post….

If I may use my own life… however sinful and atrocious! The Lord has shown me much in the eight years I have been divorced. He opened my eyes to my own sinfulness of not submitting to my husband but that I never had heart to submit; let alone even comply with him!! And of course when things got bad enough and things peaked, I felt he drove me out but in all honesty, I was the one who left.

If anyone had married me (I have never dated, so no worries there); but the point I’m trying to make is if anyone had, 1. They would have been marrying someone who still had not learned to submit. 2. I would have been marrying someone who was like the first one (not submitted to God either). I look back to the beginning where there were signs and if I would have chosen better and he would have chosen better, quite possibly we both would be happily married instead of still single! (Don’t judge my marriage; hang with me for this point please!!! (huge grin)

But anyway, let’s apply this scenario to people who have trouble in their churches. When we enter a church building for the first time, we never ask, “How did this church come into being?” “Who started this church and why?” Well, maybe some of you have but I never have; but I will! Because if the leadership got into a row and kicked out the pastor or they left because of some row over the non-essential part of the gospel; they are NOT submitted to God, Christ or the Holy Spirit. Period. The rest is just details and God knows them.

So if we don’t seek to know the “history” of the leadership of a church (or even a house church), we will inevitably be doomed to repeat our mistakes like, “marry” (join, attend) the same type of (house) church we left and then what? Probably get hurt all over again because number one, we are not submitted to authority (in reality, the Holy Spirit), and number two, we haven’t inquired into the history of how a (house) church came into being to recognize that they are not submitted to authority either!! And what happens when two unsubmitted people come together? Sparks fly over the least little things!

It matters not whether it’s a regular church you’ve left or a house church. Have you or I let iron sharpen iron and kept up through or have we left and blamed the spouse (the leadership)??? Have we started a (house) church because of our refusal to submit to someone else we thought lower than ourselves? Due to age or education or time spent in the vineyard? Only you know but God knows also. I believe God can show us and if we did, ask Him what we need to do about it. And then obey Him, even if He says to go back in!! Would you be willing to hear God say that???

In conclusion, rbanks wrote - "We all will have to answer for our actions and I still believe we need to be careful with the words and message we are striving to get across;" I agree because we all write or speak from our stubborness, our unsubmissive spirit, or a broken heart (maybe not broken for God). And those words will stand for eternity. And rbanks, I don’t feel this book will cause any more harm to revival than our stubborn refusal to submit to authority!! But that is just my two cents!! Oh, if it was payment on gas… it might be about two bucks now!! LOL

God bless you rbanks and everyone that has posted! (Now, I only read the first four posts, I am NOT talking to anyone in this post except myself… God knows I need to learn more and more about submitting to Him. and I'm sorry this is so long.)

2009/7/14 18:07Profile
rbanks

Re:

Lysa,

Thank you so much for those powerful words of wisdom. Sister I have truly been blessed by your posts on SI. I can see where God has given you much wisdom because of the fiery trials you have been through.

I look forward to reading your posts and agree with you more than you realize. The only thing that I can think of where we have different perspectives is concerning the rapture of the church.

BTW just one more point concerning the pretrib, :-D

No, but I do believe that if I'm ready for the rapture during the pretib then I will be ready in the posttrib if the Lord should see fit for me to be here.

God bless you sister!

2009/7/14 20:25Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy