SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Joel Osteen Preaches A Different Gospel!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

has anyone ever read/listened to anything by John Osteen, Joel Osteen's dad, in his earlier days? just wondering.

2011/6/14 0:31Profile
TimmyJoe

Panama City, FL

Re:

Giggles, do you have a link to view O'steen's apology? I would like to see it.

2011/6/14 14:18Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re:

Quote:
by TimmyJoe
Giggles, do you have a link to view O'steen's apology? I would like to see it.

You can Google Joel Osteen's apology yourself and you will get a thousand hits or more!

God bless you,
Lisa

PS: His apology isn't what's important, it's about forgiving the man and not holding a grudge. Isn't it?

2011/6/14 15:17Profile

Re:

There's plenty on YouTube by Paul Washer and John MacArthur on this topic.

Sometimes an apology can come before a book is released, for reasons.

Under YouTube - "Paul Washer condemns Joel Osteen's "Best Life Now" Message"

2011/6/14 21:32
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

"""PS: His apology isn't what's important, it's about forgiving the man and not holding a grudge. Isn't it?"""

Praying that God would move in Joels heart by the Spirit of Christ, that he would bring forth the truth of the Gospel in Christ Jesus.

Colossians 1:26-29 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

May this be the cry of our hearts for Joel.

In Christ: Phillip

2011/6/14 22:09Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i was not a close friend of john but i knew him and he knew me since we had eaten together and worshipped together several times.he came to our church at least twice a year and preached.he wwas a great preacher of the gospel.sometimes he would be too hard, not toosoft on folks.had fabulous sermons and was very humble. he was also very generous towards missions,giving millions.he was on tv and never asked for a dime and in being asked about this ,he said that he had money piled on top of the barrel set aside for tv and if he ever saw the barrel he would take it as God telling him to get offof it.jimp you know that he was sent bombs in the mail that blew up in his daughters face but God protected her even tho there were hundreds of nail and screws stuck in everything around her. his church, lakewood was called the oasis of love and was voted the most integrated church in america.

2011/6/15 2:03Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Quote:
i was not a close friend of john but i knew him and he knew me since we had eaten together and worshipped together several times.he came to our church at least twice a year and preached.he wwas a great preacher of the gospel.

Amen Jimp! Thank you for sharing this. Someone had shared with me a few days ago about John, so I listened to some youtube videos, which it seemed there may have been a touch of prosperity, but not nearly like it is now in the family! But the message I listened to was not of his early early years, they were more the latter years. So it is interesting to see that John was not also a prosperity gospel preacher. So there is hope for Joel perhaps!

Quote:
you know that he was sent bombs in the mail that blew up in his daughters face but God protected her even tho there were hundreds of nail and screws stuck in everything around her.

I don't get this part? What do you mean? John sent literal bombs in the mail to his daughter???

2011/6/15 8:59Profile
Solomon101

America's Heartand

Re:

Hey StarofGod,

You asked

Quote:
I don't get this part? What do you mean? John sent literal bombs in the mail to his daughter???

That is not what happened. Someone mailed a package to the church. When it was opened in the church office by John Olsteens daughter it was found to be a bomb that exploded in her face. She was spared. The damage to the room made it clear that her safety was nothing short of miraculous.

Hope that helps make it more understandable.

Blessings!

2011/6/15 9:31Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Quote:
Hope that helps make it more understandable.

Yes that makes more sense now. Thank you kindly solomon!
God bless!

2011/6/15 9:49Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy