Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 THE SPIRITUAL SAINT by Oswald Chambers

[b]THE SPIRITUAL SAINT[/b]

"That I may know Him." Philippians 3:10

The initiative of the saint is not towards self-realization, but towards knowing Jesus Christ. The spiritual saint never believes circumstances to be haphazard, or thinks of his life as secular and sacred; he sees everything he is dumped down in as the means of securing the knowledge of Jesus Christ. There is a reckless abandonment about him. The Holy Spirit is determined that we shall realize Jesus Christ in every domain of life, and He will bring us back to the same point again and again until we do. Self-realization leads to the enthronement of work; whereas the saint enthrones Jesus Christ in his work. Whether it be eating or drinking or washing disciples feet, whatever it is, we have to take the initiative of realizing Jesus Christ in it. Every phase of our actual life has its counterpart in the life of Jesus. Our Lord realized His relationship to the Father even in the most menial work. "Jesus knowing . . . that He was come from God, and went to God . . . took a towel . . . and began to wash the disciples' feet."

The aim of the spiritual saint is "that I may know Him." Do I know Him where I am to-day? If not, I am failing Him. I am here not to realize myself, but to know Jesus. In Christian work the initiative is too often the realization that something has to be done and I must do it. That is never the attitude of the spiritual saint, his aim is to secure the realization of Jesus Christ in every set of circumstances he is in.

2009/7/11 7:24Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: THE SPIRITUAL SAINT by Oswald Chambers

"The Holy Spirit is determined that we shall realize Jesus Christ in every domain of life, and He will bring us back to the same point again and again until we do. Self-realization leads to the enthronement of work; whereas the saint enthrones Jesus Christ in his work. Whether it be eating or drinking or washing disciples feet, whatever it is, we have to take the initiative of realizing Jesus Christ in it."

This is so good, and I believe it is a vital key to living the Christian life. A spiritual Christian is one that is occupied with the Lord and not self. Our Lord only did what He saw His Father doing. Are we seeing the Lord in everything that we do? He must increase, and we must decrease.

Mike

2009/7/11 7:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy