SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Is Someone Listening in on Your Cell Phone?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lysa

East TN for now!

Is Someone Listening in on Your Cell Phone?

This is kind of scary and cool at the same time! Some of you have probably already seen this, I'm usually the last to get something or read it!

There is a video on the page (5.26 sec), if you have time. You will be amazed how people can listen in on your cell phone conversations and... and... listen in on your conversations WITHOUT you using your phone! That was an eye opener for me!

I usually always take my cell phone out and lay it on the table so I can see if it vibrates - not anymore!!

[url=http://www.wthr.com/global/story.asp?s=9346833]Tapping Your Cell Phone[/url]

This will really get our (Christian's) attention! If your gossiping, you better stop and make sure your yeah is yeah and your nay is nay! Anybody, boss, enemy, spouse, friend or foe could be spying on us!!

I don't know, I see end times written all over this!! Ole Tim LaHaye didn't know about this when he was writing those books! With this software, if you have a cell phone, they will find you!

What do you think about this?

God bless you guys!!

2009/7/9 14:28Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Is Someone Listening in on Your Cell Phone?

Yes, I heard of this.

Several years ago there was a problem among some folks and I would share my perception of this via cordless phone. I could never figure out how my perceptions became public knowledge. Then I heard that if someone had the right kind of gadget, even they could listen in on it if you are using a cordless phone. Then I resolved to not ever discuss this situation via cordless phone but always on a corded one. Interestingly, all this perverted feedback came to an end. I still have no idea whether someone else was eavesdropping in on me or not, but I am convinced one must be extremely careful what you say on your phone - you never know who may be listening in...this is a lot different from the days of party line phones when you knew if someone was eavesdropping.

Let me share a story- a grandmother was well known to eavesdrop on phone conversations. One day two people were discussing a situation in which she was well familiar with but they were mistaken on a certain point so she interrupted and corrected them, much to their amusement!!

Yep, we come a long way...like it or not.

ginnyrose

2009/7/9 14:43Profile

Congress broadened spy powers after 9/11 to include much, much more non-warranted "wire" taps, [ which began in the 1930's,], and they are a now a part of life. Though we primarily listen in for National Defense issues, who knows how much more? Also, the cat is out of the bag, which also means that private companies have technologies to do the same, as well as criminal enterprises and foreign entities.

In 2003, Right at the beginning of the Iraq War, an international team of evangelicals traveled to Bagdad, and held meetings there. One of them was a Church Planter I knew from Korea, and he called me several times for prayer, and giving me a report. This was before the sectarian conflict, the IUD's and all.

He then went into IRAN, at the time of the Earthquake there at BAK, a then devastated city, [There were no Americans allowed there, only Korean Nationals] as he ministered there; he also called me.

I began to hear these odd little clicks on my cell phone, and once I thought I backtracked and heard someone's conversation, without a ring on my end. I was convinced I was being tapped; suspected of being a homeland terrorist. I used my new found status to my advantage though. I arranged several, maybe hundreds of preaching episodes, where whoever was tapping me, heard the Good News of Jesus' One and Only holy sacrifice for SIN!...and repentance from dead works.

I have got nothing to hide; I took it in stride for my own advantage, and, yes, they can triangulate the where-abouts of the radio signal to your cell anytime it's turned on, simply by bouncing a signal to you. It is done every day by law enforcement. Welcome to Big Brother!, but not to worry. He has your best interests in mind.

I think it may get more intense before it mellows, Eh? Jesus is still the Lord of his creation though, the last time I checked. Who or what can separate us from His love? El NADA!

Hallelujah!

2009/7/9 16:12
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
Welcome to Big Brother!, but not to worry. He has your best interests in mind.

:-P

Actually, I just figured this out the other day - and the best part is that we are paying for it. By the way, if they can turn on your speakers, they can turn on your camera - and I would image that they can easily do the same thing with your computer.

The only way that we are "safe" is to have nothing to hide.

2009/7/9 16:23Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
Brothertom wrote:
I arranged several, maybe hundreds of preaching episodes, where whoever was tapping me, heard the Good News of Jesus' One and Only holy sacrifice for SIN!...and repentance from dead works.... I have got nothing to hide; I took it in stride for my own advantage.

More than anything, this reminded me of the last days but not like in the book "Left Behind" where sat/cell phones helped them! It's looking more and more like we will be [b]totally[/b] dependent on the Spirit - as it should be! There will probably not be one solitary thing of this world that we will be able to look to! So be it!

I think I would have done the same thing, preaching to the enemy! This is off topic but your preaching reminded me that about twenty years ago, I got a heavy breather like three mornings in a row and I just hung up on him but this one morning I felt the Lord saying talk to him. I was like, "I've work until three AM every night this week, Lord!"

So I said something to the effect of, "Aren't you ashamed of yourself that you have to resort to this?" He didn't say anything. "Do you think Jesus is proud of you?" I could hear his surprise but he didn't say anything. So I continued, "You know He died to deliver you from this. He wants better for you." On the other end I could hear him struggling, "Should I talk to her or not?" He finally said something about how most women wouldn't talk to him. I said It wasn't up to me, the Lord told me to stay on the phone. He was like "Really?" Roughly he talked about growing up in church and how he hadn't been in years. We talked about 10 or 15 minutes and by the end of it, he was asking me what kind of Bible he should get.

[b]Now, THAT was God!![/b], not me cause I would have hung up, not blinked and slept like a baby. I can only hope that since God orchestrated it, that he actually did go out and get a Bible and read IT!! I haven't thought about that in years.

Quote:
Heartsong wrote:
By the way, if they can turn on your speakers, they can turn on your camera -

Ooo, I was thought the same thing!

God bless you guys!

2009/7/9 19:13Profile

This is really nothing new. In the olden days anyone can listen in to any conversation for the latest gossip floating around town. When I was growing up some people had party lines, they shared the same line but different phone numbers. When you picked up the phone if the neighbour was on the line you had to wait. But of course these were just local hicks but now we are dealing with bigger hicks with intention. But I am not giving up my cell phone anytime soon, it's a great tool for when you need to call someone when your stranded and I am always somewhere being stranded. :-o

2009/7/9 23:20
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
But I am not giving up my cell phone anytime soon, it's a great tool for when you need to call someone when your stranded and I am always somewhere being stranded.

You could call upon God. There are no down sides to having Him at your side. His batteries never run low and He doesn't give you brain cancer. Also you don't have to wait for Him to show up - well, maybe, - everything in His timing.

:-)

2009/7/9 23:57Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

I have a few memories about things like this. I used to be able to pick up cordless phone conversations on my radio. Our scanner also used to be able to listen in on cell phone calls.

But probably the best of all that I experienced was when a friend of mine and I used to talk on the phone. We used to say something like 'bomb the White House' and then we would go into a conversation about the Gospel hoping that some agent listening in on our phone call would hear. We did this often, then one night just as soon as Clint said 'Bomb the White House' our phone conversation was abruptly cut off. It was kind of creepy.

2009/7/10 1:23Profile

Re:

If you are not doing anything illegal...you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

2009/7/10 6:45
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Illegal?

Nowadays, just being a Christian is 'almost' illegal.

There is crime, and there is sin, and they are not always the same.

Speaking against sin is a crime, but it's not a sin, if you see what I mean.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that.

2009/7/10 7:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy