SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : about attending church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
reformer

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Once you drop out of the American institutional church... you'll be set free, and you'll never go back.

Krispy

AMEN to that...we did, and our walk with the Lord has never been the same.

Now the hard part is finding other believers to fellowship with, for once you drop from the institutional church, you will know if you truly had friends in Christ. you will find that many will not understand you, and avoid you.

:-)

2009/7/9 16:34Profile

Re:

Something else which I've seen is people leaving an institutional church and then creating another one in their home.

2009/7/9 17:44
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Re:

The American model of the church is ONE that is is (being embrace by many western churches (all over the world) Even as we speak - Including england, australia, new zealand, and canada. Ecet.! And most are following whatever proceeds forth from saddleback and willowcreek ...and the (George barna asssociation) who is the supposed "guru" of church growth!! With his step by step DVD'S and books (how to do) the "business" of church! And market yourself - to the community. Apperently we need these guides and these models to be successful - Even though peter james and john didn't?? hmmm.

2009/7/9 18:26Profile

Re:

Even the 'house church' movement is moving towards heavy marketing and sales type strategies, seminars, and such. I've often wondered what the apostles would think about all of these marketing type strategies and models which seem to be growing amongst the Body.

2009/7/9 19:16
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Hiswill_i_am wrote:

Quote:

Something else which I've seen is people leaving an institutional church and then creating another one in their home.

Yes

2009/7/9 23:53Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

thanks for the advice everyone. Its a really sad to see so many churches following after this pattern of teaching. At this point I think it will be better to walk away then to stay and sit under teaching that is soft on sin.

rdg

edit: just wanted to also say that for now this will be my last post. Many things happening in my life lately that I just need to take some time and really be more in the Bible and before God.

2009/7/10 1:46Profile
reformer

Re:

Quote:

sonofthunder wrote:
The American model of the church is ONE that is is (being embrace by many western churches (all over the world) Even as we speak - Including england, australia, new zealand, and canada. Ecet.! And most are following whatever proceeds forth from saddleback and willowcreek ...and the (George barna asssociation) who is the supposed "guru" of church growth!! With his step by step DVD'S and books (how to do) the "business" of church! And market yourself - to the community. Apperently we need these guides and these models to be successful - Even though peter james and john didn't?? hmmm.

That is hard to believe George Barna is peddling church growth tactics to the evangelical community. Quite the opposite, he is part of house church movement and has left the institutional church system and has not looked back. I believe he does have DVD's that help train children, lay persons with in the body to be effective leaders in there community.

But then again...it all comes down to the mighty dollar, so I could be wrong.

2009/7/10 6:54Profile
reformer

Re:

Quote:

Hiswill_i_am wrote:
Even the 'house church' movement is moving towards heavy marketing and sales type strategies, seminars, and such. I've often wondered what the apostles would think about all of these marketing type strategies and models which seem to be growing amongst the Body.

Correct about this. Frank Viola's book Pagan Christianity highlights this very idea. That some house churches are no different than a typical church on Sunday.

We love as a people, seminars, conferences, lectures and so on. WE easily turn something that is simple and make it so complicated. Maybe I am a stick in the mud, but i know a guy who started a Christian counseling ministry, he found an office, they voted and set up a board of directors, financial team and marketing development. Just wonder, if the apostles operated in this way, not that it is wrong in what some do, but curious to know the difference. I just think we like our things in place and organized...but if it gets the job done that is good.

2009/7/10 7:05Profile

Re:

Quote:
Now the hard part is finding other believers to fellowship with, for once you drop from the institutional church, you will know if you truly had friends in Christ. you will find that many will not understand you, and avoid you.

Yes... people are so caught up in the American church mindset that anything contrary to what they deem to be "church" is looked at as apostate. They pray for their Chinese brethren who meet in caves, but not that they may stay strong but rather that someday soon their brethren will be able to meet in pristine new church buildings like us wonderful Americans.

They dont realize that our Chinese brethren are praying for US!! That we would get off our butts and commit ourselves to the Lord 100% like they have!

If I started a church that met in a cave here in America... it would be labeled a cult by every pulpit in America.

Krispy

2009/7/10 10:05
reformer

Re:

Quote:
If I started a church that met in a cave here in America... it would be labeled a cult by every pulpit in America.

Brother krispy...so true!!!

2009/7/10 10:12Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy