SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : To the Prodigal Son - a Parable

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

To the Prodigal Son - a Parable

A man went out into the world from the presence of the Lord. As the man stood there upon a hill, he noticed the scenes changing before him, rotating, changing constantly. One moment he saw a lake with trees around it, then the scene changed to view another place on another part of the Earth. The man would begin to walk toward one place, but the scene changed in front of him so he could not get to where he was going, this happened constantly. After a time, the man desired to return to the presence of the Lord but could not do this because he could not find his way. He would start out to walk toward the Lord but the scene would change and he could not get to where he was going.

This kept happening so that the man could not travel from one place to the next without the scene changing, it was as if the Earth rotated before him and changed the scene before he could get to where he was going. The man would try to walk to the lake, but as he walked the scene would change to an open field. He could not find his way by himself because of the constant changing scenes and was completely and utterly lost. ...then it came to him - those who are lost in the world are lost indeed and have no hope in finding their way out.

In the midst of the man's anguish he cried out to the Lord and repented of his sins, that he had left the presence of the Lord. He prayed "Lord I am lost and cannot find my way back to you because of the constant changing scenes before me"..."I cannot find my way back to you."

The Lord looked down from heaven and had mercy on the man, and forgave him. The lord said "if you do not want to be lost because of the world, so that you cannot walk from one place to the next without being lost because of the constant changing scenes, then close your eyes and don't look at the world; you are going to have to trust me that I am going to lead you. Just follow my voice with your eyes closed and trust me, trust me that I will lead the way.

Follow the sound of my voice, as my sheep do know my voice, and keep your eyes closed. I will lead you to a rocky road that is sometimes very hard to travel, you may stumble there but get up and keep following my voice with your eyes closed. In time, you will find the road smooth and straight and much easier to travel, because my yoke is easy and my burden light. The name of that rocky road is called repentance, and the name of the smooth and straight road is called the straight and narrow way...it leads to the Holy city where I am, and where you will be with me forever. I love you my son...now follow my lead and keep your eyes closed.

Ephesians 2:8-9 (King James Version)

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

2009/7/9 3:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy