SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Repentance

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Spitfire

Repentance

Ya'll, please excuse my ignorance on how to use SI. I was reading the thread on conviction of sin. I loved it! I just want to say that, for me, I've found, so often, I am convicted, but I don't take the time to repent. You know, I don't just go to God alone in prayer and tell him, "I repent", "I renounce my association with it", "I'm turning to you, God." I'm finding that alot of people think that repentance is the bad feeling they get from conviction. Repentance is not the bad feeling. Repentance is the turning away from the sin and turning to God that we do in response to conviction. Repentance is an action, not just a feeling.

2004/9/4 10:32Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re: Repentance

Amen spitfire. Conviction is from the Holy Spirit and repentance is our response to it.

2004/9/4 11:04Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Ya'll, please excuse my ignorance on how to use SI. I was reading the thread on conviction of sin. I loved it!

Amen brother thank you for sharing.. btw to reply to a thread of messages just go to the message that you want to respond to and press the 'reply' that will keep all the conversation in the same thread. I am glad you are becoming a part of this online community, God Bless you.

2004/9/4 12:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy