SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is it biblical to call out false teachers and heretics by name? John MacArtur

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Is it biblical to call out false teachers and heretics by name? John MacArtur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfnCDAN1q9w&feature=PlayList&p=F3955BEEA97DF834&index=37&playnext=2&playnext_from=PL

I ran across this doing some research on Rick Warren. I think it makes a lot of sense. Your thoughts?

2009/7/7 8:38
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re: Is it biblical to call out false teachers and heretics by name? John MacArtur

A good and true word from John MacArthur.

I believer it necessary and more importantly biblical to point out false teachers and safe guard the brethren by doing so.

Only problem is that many do not have the insight, maturity, and wisdom to do so in a biblical manor.

Good to see you back brother.

2009/7/7 9:15Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Is it biblical to call out false teachers and heretics by name? John MacArtur

MAcArthur makes the points that one should call into questions statements made publicly, whether done by sermon, books, articles or broadcasts. Seems to me this is an excellent point because this info is out there, it is indisputable. Whatever he wrote will pass scrutiny before printing and if it passes this it will mean it is saying what he intends for it to mean.

MacArthur said he would not betray personal conversations. Good point, in my opinion. Not only is this proper in this kind of situation, it is also in personal relationships.

IMHO, MacArthur seems to be well-balanced and Biblical, which is the most important.

Thanks for posting this Brothertom,
ginnyrose

2009/7/7 9:58Profile

Re:

Between his denial of eternal sonship (since renounced but with no conversion), and his promotion of lordship salvation, one nature of the believer, psychological syncretism etc. this needs to be applied to Macarthur, not learned from him.

To quote him:
"... they are dangerous when they tell truth because often they cannot be distinguished from true teachers. The key to being a successful false teacher is to tell as much of the truth as possible" (MacArthur's Bible Study Guide, Joy And Godliness, p. 17);

This is precisely what makes Macarthur a very dangerous false teacher.

Old Joe

2009/7/7 14:08
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

Old_Joe wrote:

Between his denial of eternal sonship (since renounced but with no conversion), and his promotion of lordship salvation, one nature of the believer, psychological syncretism etc. this needs to be applied to Macarthur, not learned from him.

To quote him:
"... they are dangerous when they tell truth because often they cannot be distinguished from true teachers. The key to being a successful false teacher is to tell as much of the truth as possible" (MacArthur's Bible Study Guide, Joy And Godliness, p. 17);

This is precisely what makes Macarthur a very dangerous false teacher.

Old Joe

I dont agree on everything Macarthur teaches, but overall i think he get much right. Actually havent found anyone yet that teaches all things right :-) except the word of God. All men can have wrongs, and we all do, you do oldJoe , and so do I, maybe we havent seen it yet, but we all have errors here and there in our doctrines. Maybe not essential to knowing Christ and to be saved, but perhaps minor errors in the "small" things.

2009/7/7 14:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy