SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The One Pastor System - Quotes by Watchman Nee

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: The One Pastor System - Quotes by Watchman Nee

I wonder that on the last day many pastors will come forward saying that they laboured for ten and want to claim their reward and Jesus has to tell them that they confined their congregation to infancy. He will show them how much they actually prevented rather than facilitated. Whenever I read the last chapters and greetings in Pauls letters I am reminded that there were many people abounding in all sorts of ministries and services.
Authority is a godly principle that the church has to observe and display.
Perhaps we have to wait until a persecution arises that scares the hireling pastors into flight and allow the true shepherds to emerge.

2009/7/3 16:29Profile

Re: Persecution and the true Shepherd

Wow, narrowpath: a very clear word; prophetic and absolutely true. I think you are right. When your life is at risk, and you must "pay up ", now and then, as it is in China right now....where the hirelings and professionals have vamooshed, or been "called" into another line of work.

Jesus said; "The hireling flees when the WOLF comes, but the good Shepherd does lay his life down for the sheep."

"Perhaps we have to wait until a persecution arises that scares the hireling pastors into flight and allow the true shepherds to emerge."
narrowpath.

"Jesus has to tell them that they confined their congregation to infancy. He will show them how much they actually prevented rather than facilitated."...narrowpath

The present clergy/Laity....One Pastor system actually isolates the body into a priest class, and a common, or lay class. The Priest wears a snappy suit, stands behind a barrier, and becomes the highly spiritual one, given control and power over all, and of course the CASH. The rest linger, in a semi conscious state , as drones, eagerly awaiting approbation and the Sunday handshake. The great T. Austin Sparks called them, "DISH CHRISTIANS", who need perpetual watering to survive, as a hydrated plant grown upon a coffee plate.

I went to the underground church in China, [ 1000 miles inland away from the cities ]where it may cost you severely to honor fellowship and Godly love. The men that were left, would not reveal themselves to me, and I didn't care. I understood; they did not know me; the cost was to great to chance it. The many precious women there told me that most of the Pastors had fled. They were real.

We too will be given an opportunity to prove our devotion to Jesus alone.

2009/7/3 17:37
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:

enid wrote:
One thing we need to realise is, whether we like to one pastor system or not, it is here to stay.
Whether we gripe about it or accept it, it's not going away.

I think I know what you mean, Enid. This arrangement has been around for a long, long time.

But it is definitely not here to stay. More and more Christians are restless about this man-made order, and are not content to be mere pew warmers anymore. More and more Christians are leaving that system, recognizing it as something that is decaying and growing old. I think the way they feel is something God Himself has produced in their hearts. It is He who has stirred them up, has caused the discontent. He is preparing many hearts for something new, of which He intends them to be, each and every one of them, VITALLY a part.

And so, if we could see around the corner, we would see this present system is definitely not here to stay. It is history.

It's God's word that is here to stay. And His word concerning church reveals an entirely different order.

God has shown Himself a very patient God in many ways over the centuries. It seems He is able to wait a long time for the desire of His own heart. But He always-- ALWAYS-- has His own way in the end, has things the way HE wants them to be.

AD

2009/7/3 17:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy