SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Any recommended sermons on fasting and prayer?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joshh

Any recommended sermons on fasting and prayer?

God is leading me to fast and pray, and I want to make sure I do it the most effective way possible. Thanks.

2009/6/30 21:38Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Any recommended sermons on fasting and prayer?

In the by topic search here is one good sermon:
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/scr_index.php?act=topicSermons&topic=Fasting&page=0

2009/6/30 21:40Profile

Food wise, If you've been eating heavy meals like meat and potatoes up to this point, begin to wean yourself off of that by consuming vegetable soups (no meat). Continue with that for a couple of days drink plenty of water. About the 3rd day switch to a veggie drink like tomato juice and plenty of water for about a week. If you've been drinking coffee and tea up to this point your going to have withdrawals of a headache for one day, after that it will clear up. After the first week, wean yourself off the veggie drink and proceed with drinking pure water, not treated water. After a few days of just water you will not be hungry for solid foods for a good long while.

AFTER the fast: Once the fast is finished. The body is going to be hungry and it will want to be satisfied quickly and there is a temptation to indulge quickly. Start by drinking the veggie drink for a few days. After the 3rd day, begin to consume soups, stay with that course for about a week. After that begin to incorporate bread or crackers with your soup and stay with that for a few days then start eating cooked veggies for another couple of days until you feel that you can handle a little meat. Remember moderation is key. You don't want to shock the system.

Generally most people endure a fast for 21 days. You can go longer just make sure that your hearing from God to continue. If so, He will sustain you for the extra journey. And you will be tempted to eat, drink an herbal tea to curb that or do what I did pray even more fiercer. (green tea is excluded).

2009/7/1 0:11
HeartSong

Fasting[i] by Alan Redpath[/i]

2009/7/1 1:50Profile
Anastasis

I don't have any materials on fasting, but if you go to Google and type in "leonard ravenhill prayer," the first article is very good, and opened my eyes to what prayer truly is. Actually, everything I've listened to by Ravenhill has somehow touched on prayer, and quite powerfully, so if you'll do some listening to him you'll quickly find some good bits.

2009/7/1 17:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy