SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : this is for me, deliverance ministers

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
dohzman

Re: this is for me, deliverance ministers

Joh 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
Joh 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free

It is really just the determination to do His Word. If you fall, and you will, get back up, The steps of a good man are ordered bythe Lord THOUGH he fall...not if he fall, he will not be cast down for the Lord will uphold him by His hand. If you will just purpose today to follow Jesus, forget yesterday and don't worry about tomarrow, just today, and if you fail, 70x's 7, today, you'll need to keep getting back up and looking unto Jesus the Author and finisher of your Faith (eternal salvation). Today.

Also stop looking at yourself, look at Jesus, the rest will take care of itself.

2009/7/1 23:39Profile
Aussiedler

GERMANY

Re:

looking to jesus will not do it, if the devil has certain rights an a person. first the person needs to repent and confess the sin, then look to jesus.

paul says that the gospel is "repent and believe".

just repenting without believing in christ will not do it.

just believing without repentance will not do it.

Both is needed, repentance for sins and believing in jesus christ. all other stuff is NOT the gospel.

2009/7/10 10:54Profile

Re: grace abounding

John Bunyan, in his autobiographical work, spoke of an early season in his life where he struggled, after backsliding, with committing the "Impardonable Sin".

He was tormented, over and over, with very real demonic visits of condemnation, and experienced severe barreness of soul. This went on and on, for over a year anyway.

It happened in a moment, one day. Bunyan determined to find God again, or die. As I remember it, a scripture was illuminated to him, and a baptism of Love overwhelmed him. He was free forever, and then championed Christ Jesus for the rest of his life, leaving us a legacy of brilliant faith, in works like PILGRIMS PROGRESS, and enduring to break out of the religious chains that forbad any free preaching or meeting. [outside the control of the church of England ]

This may have been his greatest legacy, paving the way for modern evangelism.

He spent 17 years in prisons, and his wife and children suffered. He lost the light of his life in this time, his young daughter he cherished so much, who was blind, and adored Bunyan. The point I'm making is that all of his success didn't come cheap. Bunyan needed that singular breakthrough where God revealed Himself as the Sovereign, Loving Provider. Bunyan overcame.

Faith must be singular and alone; it is the Nature of all true faith. You will not stand before the Lord upon the day of your death with any other. You will be alone, to receive the reward of your works; be it by faith or unbelief. You must break through yourself. Man is no help here. Beg God to reveal Himself to you, until He does, and settle for nothing else, even as Bunyan did, no matter the cost.

Read the word, and believe.

"From the ends of the Earth, I will cry out to the Lord, when my heart is overwhelmed!"

I have compassion for you, and pray you will hold up until the Hem of his Garment may pass by you. Reach out until you touch him.

2009/7/10 12:29
bible1985

Re:

The reason why i am so scared is because God did reveal to me at one time that tChrist was the way and truth and i felt christ in my daily life. I had so much faith in him, but now for the past 2 years i have tried to have faith in christ like i did before but i continue to didbelieve, i will start to believe then a lying spirit comes to decieve like saying stuff like christ never existed, because their our possible mistakes or differences in the gospels how can you trust any of it, maybe the jesus seminar is right, etc. I mean all these crazy thoughts fill my mind and i just want to rest in faith. I sat their in my bed the other night trying to have faith and block out the thoughts and i just couldn't i have been doing that for a long time. I have been praying for over 2 years, see i never doubted like this. This is why i warn anyone do not fall into deep sin because God might not come back and you will let evil presences torture your life like mine.Like i said the only hope i have is that i never was really saved and did not place my faith in christ as saviour of my life but i placed my faith in him as my healer instead, maybe that is why my faith has fell away. I really don't know, i just pray the holy spirit comes.

2009/7/10 14:08Profile

Re:

Quote:
i will start to believe then a lying spirit comes to decieve like saying stuff like christ never existed, because their our possible mistakes or differences in the gospels how can you trust any of it

Alrighty then, display the gospels mistakes here in this forum. There are qualified brethren on this site like KrispyKritter for one who will refute any claims that the gospels have any mistakes.

So bring forth your verses that have the mistakes.

2009/7/10 16:55
bible1985

Re:

i am not accusing the scriptures of having mistakes from my mouth but from some of the disputes from unbelievers who have pointed them out i use to defend the bible against them and answer them but now the spirits our bringing them up to me and making me go crazy. i don't want to get into the ones i know of but their our some but like i said its not something i really believed before but the spirits our attacking my mind bringing them up saying that is true and it is just chaos in the normal life of john. For me even if their were contradictions in the Bible it stil doesn't take away that Christ came to redeem sinners.

2009/7/10 17:59Profile
bible1985

Re:

i have a book i am about to read by haley about bible discrepencies or alleged ones.

2009/7/10 18:00Profile
bible1985

Re:

i actually not decided to read that book anymore because it is only making my doubts come more, so i am now deciding to read a book by john owen about sin and the mortification of it. Brother Tom i am sorry i didn't comment earlier but thank you and god bless you for your prayers and how you were going to continue to pray for me. I ask a request for prayer that God somehow someway reveal to me how much a sinner i am and how much he hates that, i want and need to know how much it offends God that i have sinned against him and I want to be convicted so i can realize the terrible and evil sinner that i really am, maybe that is why i never said that oh Christ saved me of my sins thats why i believe, but i would tell people he heal me of my physical condition and that is why i believe in him. I want to believe for the right reasons so i can see the true worth of the cross.I really don't think it meant much to me before. I want him to mean everything.

2009/7/11 5:05Profile

Re: deliverance ministers - this is for me

Hi John,

Quote:
I mean all these crazy thoughts fill my mind and i just want to rest in faith.

Leanne Payne experienced this when God had called her into full time ministry. The poeple who were most against her obedience to God were her close friends, and family. You are not the only one to experience the randomness or extremeness of these kind of attacks, but, you must stop thinking that they might be true. The victory for Christ is that you recognise they are from His enemies, who are intent on distracting, and if possible, destroying you.

If you are a Christian, then you need to leave behind 'how much a sinner i am'. Jesus said in John 16:9, what offends Him most (apart from blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, which would be to call Christ unclean Mark 3:30), and you are teetering on the edge of that with your eyes on something else. You need to 'Stop it' (Paul Washer). Simply, stop your disobedience.

I realise you have to go through this, and find your own victory, but believe me, your victory is in keeping your eyes on Jesus, not on your sin. If you haven't listened to [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=18721]True Salvation: the Righteousness of God in Man[/url] by Alan Martin yet, you need to. Listen to it in small portions. Study it with an online Bible like [url=http://www.olivetree.com/bible/]olivetree.com[/url], searching in the KJV for some of the words, and eating them Eze 3:1 - 7. Rom 2:4, 8, 11.

I wonder if it's not that you need to repent in general, but you (if you have not done so), need to get on your face, (and perhaps.... perhaps... fast), and ask God to bring to your mind specific events for which you should repent, receive forgiveness, and FORGET, by leaving them behind forever. This would be one way of removing any lingering footholds of sin. However, there [u]is[/u] a rest of faith in giving your whole being to God, plunging into His death, that you may be raised up in His life as a new creature.

The point has to come where you stop being unsavable, and simply accept that Christ died for ALL your sins, and [u]you[/u] lay them down forever. I don't mean to downplay what you're going through, but I am absolutely convinced there is an end, and it lies in the death of Christ. [u]Nothing[/u] that you have done, can separate you from His love, if you will let it break through into your prison of recriminations and regrets. He knew you would do those things. He knew you would be tormented. But that is not His plan. It is a natural spiritual consequence of sin from which He desires to free you. Please forgive me if I sound unsympathetic. I know there is an end, because I got there, eventually. The 'end' is Christ.

2009/7/11 10:09
linda7

West Sussex, England

Re: this is for me, deliverance ministers

Dear Bible1985

A drowning man cannot be rescued until he at last gives up the struggle to stay afloat. It is at that moment of giving up that the rescuer can then carry him to safety. But not while he is struggling.

God will let you go to as many deliverance ministers that you want to until you finally give up and hand the situation over to Him.

Are you willing to turn it all over to God?

2009/7/12 17:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy