SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : He who loses his life for My sake will find it!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Tears_of_joy

He who loses his life for My sake will find it!

I wan't share something that deeply touched my heart from "True disciplechip" by William MacDonald. I am so encouraged by such examples and people who really lost their lifes for His sake! God help me and make me instrument in Thy hands for your glory and let me be weak that I might loose my clutch on everything temporal,my life, my reputation, my posession - everything.

I come into Your presence
All I have I give to You
Your glory fi lls my senses
Oh my Lord I bow before You

My God, my King, You are my everything
I worship and adore Your holy name

As I gaze upon Your beauty
I want to reach out and touch Your face
I want to stay here forever
Cause me to never ever leave this place
(this is one of my favourite worship songs)

"One could scarcely read the New Testament even casually without realizing that the figure of warfare is often used to describe Christ’s program on earth. True Christianity is far removed from the hurdy-gurdy entertainment of modern Christendom. It is not to be confused with the luxury-living and pleasure-seeking that are so rampant today. Rather, it is struggle to the death, an unceasingconflict against the forces of hell. No disciple is worth his salt who does not realize that the battle is drawn and that there is no turning back.
In war, there must be unity. It is no time for petty bickering, for partisan jealouses, for devided loyalties. No house devided against itself can stand. Therefore, the soldiers of Christ must be united. The way to unity is through humility. This is clearly taught in Philippians. It is impossible to have strife with a truly humble man. It takes two to make a fight. “Only by pride cometh contention.” Where there is no pride, there is no room for contention.
War demands austerity and sacrifical living. In wars of any consequence, there is invariably a vast system of rationing. It is high time that Christians realized that we are at war and that expenditures must be cut to a minimum so that as much of our resources as possible can be thrown into the struggle.
Not many see this as clearly as a young disciple named R… M… In 1960, he was president of the freshman class of a Christian school. During his term, it was proposed that expenditures be made for the usual class parties, jackets, and a class gift.
Rather than approve such expenditures which did not contribute directly to the furtherance of the gospel, R… M… resigned from his post as president. The following letter was a distributed to his fellow classmen on the day his resignation was annonced:

“Dear Classmates:
“Since the matters of class parties, jackets, and the class gift have been brought before the Cabinet, I, as the president of the class have been considering the Christian attitude toward these areas.
“I think we would find the greatest joy for our selves in giving ourselves, our money, and our time entirely to Christ and for others, thus finding the reality of His Words: ‘He who loses his life for My sake will find it.’
“For Christians to spend their money and time on things that do not result in a definite witness to the unbeliever or for the building up of His children in Him would seem to be inconsistent with the facts that 7000 people die daily from starvation and over half the world has never heard of man’s only Hope. (*this is written 60’s)
“How much more glory we could give to God by helping to spread the Gospel to the other 60% of the world who have never heard of Jesus Christi or even in many neighboring homes instead of coming together in a little clique by ourselves, limiting our social well-roundedness to those of like mind, and wasting money and time for our pleasure.
“Since I am aware of specific needs and opportunities where finances can be used to such great advantage to the glory of Jesus Christ and for helping my neighboor here and abroad, it is impossible for me to allow class funds to be spent unnecessarily on ourselves. If I were one of those who are in so great a need, as I know of so many to be in, I would want those who have the ability to do all that they could to supplu me with the Gospel and with my material needd.
“ ’And as you wish that men would do to you, do so to them.’
“ ‘But if any one has the world’s good and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him?’
“ Therefore it is with love and prayer, that you might see the Lord Jesus giving His all (II Cor. 8:9), that I hereby submit to you my resignation as president of the class of ’63.
“In Him with you,
R… M…”
War demands suffering. If young men today are willing to lay down their lives for their country, how much more willing should Christians be to lose their lives for Christ’s sake and the gospel. A faith that costs nothing is worth nothing. If the Lord Jesus means anything to us at all, He should mean everything to us, and no considerations of personal safety or immunity from suffering should deter us in our service for Him.

In His name,
Kire

2004/9/2 23:35Profile
Spitfire

Re: He who loses his life for My sake will find it!

Kire, having read your entry about losing your life, I want to say some things. I've been frequenting this site for about a month now. I came here looking for people who are truly following Christ. I'm not one to spend alot of time on the computer, but my dearest friend moved away and I was just seeking some like minded people. Just about 3 years ago, I was a desperate person searching for answers. I was in a church that I had been attending for about 5 years. They had helped me alot. When I went there, I was suicidal. I am 46 years old, on marriage #2 (7 years today). Supposedly born again when I was 10, spirit filled when I was 23. I began to seek God with a couple of friends at home Bible Study about 3 years ago. As we tried to read God's word from an unbiased perspective, first of all, we realized that alot of what we thought it had said, was some man's opinion. We began to talk about this as it pertained to our lives. To make a long story short, God began to show us that we were holding on to our lives. We found that laying down our lives was easier said than done! I feel like someone who has been polluted all my life with a self-seeking Gospel. I feel like I am trying to rinse out an ocean of dirty water by just running in clean water from a spicket! I look around me, and I can hardly find anyone in my personal life who is a good example of how to lay down your life. So called "Christians" are the worst to have their own agendas. I'm striving with all I've got to lay down my life and everyday I look down and there it is in my hand again! I don't even know what a "Me with a laid down life" is supposed to look like! Sometimes it seems hopeless, except that I now realize that God is the one who has allowed me to come to this "awakening" in the first place. Now, everday, I spend most of my time begging God to have mercy on me and all of mankind and send His light into our darkness. Unless God breathes on these dead bones, they will never rise. It doesn't matter how much you slap a dead man, he can't get up. He must have a resurrection which only God can do.

2004/9/3 5:51Profile
moreofHim

Re: laying your life down

Thank you Kire for this posting.

Dian,

Quote:
I look around me, and I can hardly find anyone in my personal life who is a good example of how to lay down your life. So called "Christians" are the worst to have their own agendas. I'm striving with all I've got to lay down my life and everyday I look down and there it is in my hand again! I don't even know what a "Me with a laid down life" is supposed to look like!

Unfortunately there are few christians who we can look to for an example of a life of total surrender- but we do have Jesus as our example! :-) No matter what, just keep your eyes fixed on Him. He is all you need.
Quote:
Sometimes it seems hopeless, except that I now realize that God is the one who has allowed me to come to this "awakening" in the first place

This is something to rejoice about! He has opened your eyes, woken you up from your slumber- and I know you won't close them now. Trust Him that what He has started in you, He will bring to full completion!

Praying for you, Chanin

2004/9/3 11:15Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy