SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Update on the Holy Ark Announcement

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
nearthecross

Update on the Holy Ark Announcement

Seekers of Ark Left in the Dark

by Gil Ronen

(IsraelNN.com) The leader of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church failed on Friday to make good on a promise of an announcement regarding the Ark of the Covenant.

The Italian news agency Adnkronos had reported that Patriarch Abuna Pauolos, who was in Rome this week to meet with Pope Benedict XVI, said that "Soon the world will be able to admire the Ark of the Covenant described in the Bible as the container of the tablets of the law that G-d delivered to Moses, and the center of searches and studies for centuries."

"The Ark of the Covenant has been in Ethiopia for many centuries,” he reportedly said. “As Patriarch, I have seen it with my own eyes, and only a few, highly-qualified persons could do the same -- until now."

The news agency said an announcement would be made at the Hotel Aldrovandi in Rome, where Pauolos was staying. However, a hotel spokeswoman told WorldNetDaily that although Pauolos had indeed been in residence there, no news conference or event was scheduled.

The original report quoted the patriarch as saying that the Ark of the Covenant "is in Ethiopia and nobody … knows for how much time. Only G-d knows. " He also said that the Ark "is described perfectly in the Bible" and added that "The state of conservation is good because it is not made from man's hand, but is something that G-d has made."

From [url=http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/132079]israelnationalnews.com[/url]

2009/6/28 0:23Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: Update on the Holy Ark Announcement

Quote:
Only G-d knows.

Is there some reason they do not write God out fully? I checked the link and His name is abbreviated there also.

I have seen this before when some forums have a software censorship program that automatically puts dashes in some words that may be considered (for whatever reason) offensive.

In this instance it just looks pitiful.

I would not buy anything they are selling.

white stone

2009/6/28 0:52Profile
nearthecross

Re:

Some Jews and Messianic Jews are so afraid to break the 3rd Commandment that they do not pronounce "God" or His name "YHWH". This has been discussed before in another thread, you might want to check the forums.

2009/6/28 1:39Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
In this instance it just looks pitiful

And doubly ridiculous considering the context.

ginnyrose

2009/6/29 19:44Profile
jsisrl

Re:

Some Jews and Messianic Jews are so afraid to break the 3rd Commandment that they do not pronounce "God" or His name "YHWH". This has been discussed before in another thread, you might want to check the forums.

No bother, that is small fries compared to what is one the world scene right now - The Apostate Whore joining up with the United Nations. And most are flooding into it as if it's a good thing.

Prov 16:25

25 There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
KJV

2009/6/29 20:21Profile

Re:

Is a hoax like Big Foot? Whats the deal?

Krispy

2009/7/2 12:57

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy