Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

DeepThinker wrote:

Quote:
I've uttered those words when at my lowest hell, it's not spoken from believers casually. It's not even saying that God did something wrong, and no one is pointing the finger at God. It's difficult to explain. It comes out of heart that is filled with agony and the LORD is not offended. I can't explain it properly.

I must be dense. Mind explaining what you mean? I looked for a previous post you may have written on this thread but am finding none...

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2009/6/28 16:52Profile
learn

Re:

Quote:

appolus wrote:
....Now, I got a vision of that, God shared a wee bit of that with me, and it was overwhelming. ....Frank

Appolus,
Do you mind sharing this vision that you had? Thanks.

Learn

2009/6/29 11:04Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: Forgiving God

Quote:
BonnieJane wrote:
I was shocked to hear someone say they had to forgive God after their son's untimely death.

What is wrong with this statement? Do you think it ever crossed Job's mind to forgive God?

Forgiveness is always associated with a committed transgression, something God is not capable of.

BonnieJane,

You know, I've had to sit on this one a few days, I didn't know if I could explain how I've had to forgive God as well without making it sound worse than it was. Let me explain... it's certainly nothing that God did, I now see.

Have you ever heard the term, "[i]Perception is reality[/i]?" Meaning that if I perceive that God (or anyone else for that matter), has slighted me in some minuscule way, then THAT perception [b]is[/b] "my" reality - my truth (whether it's the [b]accurate[/b] truth or not!), it's still the truth that I cling to.
Like I said, it doesn't make it right, but we can now begin to understand the person who holds a grudge against anyone (even God) and that we need to pray for their eyes to be opened to the "God's Truth" about the situation.

My perception that I had to forgive God for was in it's basic form (without writing a book here) is, "Why did You allow this happen to me? I know You control the universe and yet You allowed this to happen TO ME knowing it would almost kill me. Why?"

But in truth, He knew it wouldn't kill me but only make me stronger... eventually! But when I really came to the understanding that "[b]ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD[/b] to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [i]his[/i] purpose" (Romans 8.28), that's when I could finally see the lie I believed and say, "God, I'm sorry please forgive me for not forgiving you."

And like DeepThinker, (I understood his post below) and I don't believe that God is offended at all because it says in Psalm 103.14 [i]"For he knows how we are made. He remembers that we are dust."[/i]

God bless you, Bonnie, I hope this helped.

Quote:
DeepThinker wrote:
I've uttered those words when at my lowest hell, it's not spoken from believers casually. It's not even saying that God did something wrong, and no one is pointing the finger at God. It's difficult to explain. It comes out of heart that is filled with agony and the LORD is not offended. I can't explain it properly.

2009/6/29 12:21Profile

Re: Forgiving God

Hello learn,

I'm sure that appolus will answer when he sees your question, but, I want to say that I don't think we should ask each other about these things. They retain their power precisely because they are the revelation of Jesus Christ by Himself, to the individual. Thus, as [i]2 Cor 3:18 moments[/i], they are profoundly transforming, for the very reason they are privately between oneself and God.

Occasionally, when the Spirit so directs, one might share, but words never do justice to what God has made one understand.

To God be all the glory; never to the man who had the revelation.

I suppose I would like brother Frank to know that the choice - to share or not - belongs to him, even though you asked. I think it's okay, that earlier in the thread, he declined the opportunity he had inadvertently created by the other things he wanted to share.

My (probably unwanted and certainly unneeded), 2c.

2009/6/29 13:38
learn

Re:

Hi Alive-to-God,

No offense taken. :-)

Post edited

2009/6/30 10:15Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy