Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Out of duty or love

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
vls

Massachusetts, USA

Out of duty or love

I have just read some of the posts and the one about being a slave to rightousness touched me. I have been so hungry for a closer walk with Jesus that He has shown me that what I had been doing was all out of duty and not out of love for Him. We are commanded to love him with all our heart, mind, soul and strenghth so when we do we will do his will - which is to preach the Gospel with our mouths and our walk. Praise God that he is calling us to a closer walk with him so we will be able to stand strong for him because we truly love Him with our whole being. :-P :-P

2004/9/2 17:18Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Out of duty or love

Quote:
I have just read some of the posts and the one about being a slave to rightousness touched me.

Welcome to SermonIndex I pray you are blessed by the resources offered and grow closer to the Lord Jesus Christ. If you haven't already check out the audio sermon: [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=282]Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead[/url] and others on the front page. I am not sure if you were trying to reply to a post or start a new thread. Just to let you know when you want to reply to a thread just press the reply button to the post you want to respond to and therefore it stays in the same topic thread.

Glad you found this site ;-)

2004/9/2 17:21Profile
Tears_of_joy

Quote:
I have been so hungry for a closer walk with Jesus

Welcome to SI brother! I am sure that God will bless you will more and more closer walk with Him, He is waiting for us, our task is as you said to love him with all our heart, mind, soul and strenghth!!
There are many powerful sermons here which will inspire you and burn your heart for God, also wonderful fellowship in the forum, I encourage you to read some old posts here on the forum, you will be blessed.

--There is a story of a man who, in search of God, came to study at the feet of an old teacher. The sage brought this young man to a lake and led him out into the shoulder-deep water. Putting his hands upon his pupil's head, he promptly pushed him under the water and continued to hold him there until the disciple, feeling he would surely drown, frantically repelled the old man's resistance. In shock and confusion the young man resurfaced. "What is the meaning of this?" he demanded. His teacher looked him in the eyes and said, "When you desire God as you desired air, you shall find Him." ---
-F. Frangipane

2004/9/2 18:17Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Kire,

Quote:
"When you desire God as you desired air, you shall find Him."

Thank you for bringing that up again. I had forgotten that. So true, so true.

Welcome vls! :-)

In Him, Chanin

2004/9/2 18:37Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Hello vls

Thank for that point. That's exactly right. I guess along the same lines of that is that its is more important to give God a piece of your heart than a piece of your heart. Thanks again for that point.

James

2004/9/2 18:42Profile
moreofHim

Re: sorry

Woops, sorry vls. I got you and "fisherofmen" confused. I'll go back and fix that. :)

2004/9/2 18:44Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy