SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Heaven- a world without sin and with Jesus constantly!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Heaven- a world without sin and with Jesus constantly!

I have been thinking about a time with Jesus forever in which there is a world with out sin!

Edward Donelle has some messages on Heaven and Hell, he wrote a book by Banner of Truth.
I was listening to his messages

[url=http://mp3.sa-media.com/media/62708161456/62708161456.mp3]Heaven: What us it like by Edward Donnelie[/url]

I was most deeeply touched when he mentioned a place in which god dwells! As anyone who rejects the creator of heaven cannot go there, how can they go there?

Re 5:9 - Show Context
And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

Col 3:2 - Show Context
Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

Sometimes I wish there was a door up to that Heavenly realm as this world is so wicked! Jesus is the door!

I wish I could think about that realm more and from a more biblical standpoint!

2009/6/27 4:23Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Heaven- a world without sin and with Jesus constantly!

This is such a wonderful topic! What is heaven like? What does it LOOK like?

Revelation 4 gives us a brief description of it. And there is more in Revelation. Too many times our attention is focused on the events and we miss the description of heaven that is shared.

When I think of heaven I think of it being the most beautiful place one can imagine because God is a God of beauty, nothing ugly. There will be no decay of any sort: decay is the result of death. I think we get tiny glimpses of heaven when we observe beauty here on this planet or universe.

Jesus said he is preparing a mansion for us...and I would bet it will make earthly mansions look like shacks! Imagine that! And I would hope that everything would be within reach - I am short and weary of getting ladders to climb up on to get things or put them away. Or, maybe I will have an angel to fetch me stuff? (You do imagine these things when you weary of your limitations.)

And the music! Ever imagine what that would be like? If you like that modern racket that man calls music, which grates on your senses, could you even enjoy heavenly music? (Now this is an opinion.)

And the weather: no storms, no stinking hot temperatures nor cold - although I think it would be fun to have snow without the intense cold. In any case, I do not expect to see precipitation as we know it. And if there would be, it would be delightful, I am sure.

Ah, brother, just thinking about it makes one wonder why on earth we work so hard to keep from getting there? Ever heard the saying of a couple that died and went to heaven? They were strolling arm in arm about the place, enjoying it immensely when the husband says, "and just think, we could have enjoyed this ten years earlier if you had not made me eat those oat bran muffins!" I doubt this really happened but the point is well understood.

Now, what do you imagine heaven to be like apart from the absence of sin? (Hey, that alone could make a place seem like heaven!)

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2009/6/27 11:19Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Heaven is the presence of God. It is all goodness and saturates the soul of those whose hearts are turned unto Him. We can experience heaven on earth but only insomuch as we are turned unto Him. This requires a turning away from evil. This requires choosing that which is good. This requires reflecting back the love which He most mercifully bestows upon us.

Oh how great is our God. All of His ways are perfect and past finding out.

Many insist that heaven is a place, but without His presence it would be hell.

2009/6/27 13:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy