SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Are you a genuine Christian?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Are you a genuine Christian?

Below is a short video in a series about the remnant, who and what are they?
.......Frank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek0FEVWCyok

2009/6/26 21:13

Re: Are you a genuine Christian?

I found the video to be judgemental and limiting God.

(edited for clarity and taste)

2009/6/26 21:35

Re:

There is no judgment in this video. Just looking at what it means to be a genuine Christian as opposed to cheap grace. I do agree with one thing that you said though, you would not want me to be your judge :)...........Frank

2009/6/27 1:06
robbyk

Madison, WI

Re:

I'm going to pack it in and call it a night with this viewing on youtube, thanks! You know, it strikes me the times I thought I was the best Christian I now know were the times I was clearly destined for hell. One example, as I sanctimoniously worked on my PhD in the 70s thinking I had done it all right and whatever I got was justified and whatever I gave was a blessing to others, man I might as well just sank down at the crossroads. I was even a worship leader in those days?!? Nowadays I think a lot about whether I am actively in the daily pursuit of being a genuine Christian and I struggle hard to be...but yet each morning the Lord reveals to me the genuine me and calls me to a new holiness...I am ready to leave this earth and I may go tomorrow or live another 55, but I am trying to use each day as one more chance to get it right. Thanks for the deep thoughts on the eve appolus and the conviction to get up and do it all again in the morn.

2009/6/27 1:29Profile

Re:

Robb writes........

"Nowadays I think a lot about whether I am actively in the daily pursuit of being a genuine Christian and I struggle hard to be...but yet each morning the Lord reveals to me the genuine me and calls me to a new holiness...I am ready to leave this earth and I may go tomorrow or live another 55, but I am trying to use each day as one more chance to get it right."

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies shall never come to an end, they are new every morning."

God bless you brother, your comments were a blessing to me and my spirit witnesses with what you say...............Frank

2009/6/27 9:03

Re: Are you a genuine Christian?

Challenging word, brother. Amen.

Search me, O God,
And know my heart today;
Try me, O Savior,
Know my thoughts, I pray.
See if there be
Some wicked way in me;
Cleanse me from every sin
And set me free.

[i] J. Ed­win Orr[/i]

[url=http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/s/e/searchme.htm]Maori[/url]

2009/6/27 12:04

Re:

Good word...we all need to evaluate our walk. Christ is not an accessory to our lives, we can't continue to live worldly and yet on Sunday and Wednesday we put on Christ.

Not sure if you are applying an assent to a higher knowledge and revelation of Jesus Christ in a complete and final experience? What I can only say about life is I know Christ more than I did yesterday, last month and last year. What I know is that I have passed from death to life; darkness to light. Now I do believe as Apostle Paul said that our eyes may be opened, that He may give me a spirit of revelation and wisdom in the knowledge of Him. So is this a final assent...No, but a continual assent in growing and knowing Him. So I believe the Lord brings us up to knew understanding in Him, and because of this our walk is greatly affected that will be noticeable to others and yourself.

reformer

2009/6/27 13:27

Re:

Hi Alive to God, I love these words

Search me, O God,
And know my heart today;
Try me, O Savior,
Know my thoughts, I pray.
See if there be
Some wicked way in me;
Cleanse me from every sin
And set me free.

I just posted this you-tube of John Starnes singing "Prayer is the Key to Heaven," to facebook this morning which includes the lines above........Frank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xomn5SMDSlw&feature=player_embedded

2009/6/27 14:41

Re:

Quote:
I found the video to be judgemental and limiting God.

I was challenged to listen to this again, and my above comment that I made was rash. I must have been half asleep when I was watching that. An overwhelming AMEN and a heart felt apology to you Frank. I couldn't find anything in the second view that was worthy of my first post, in fact I enjoyed it.

God Bless you Brother and keep up with those little messages on youtube. I should change me nick to "slowpoke" slow to hear, quick to speak. 8-)

2009/6/27 20:23

Re:

Alright now Deeepthinker, I shared with you on the PM that I was in danger of being impressed by you, well, its happened my friend. This is not because of what you just wrote, its because of your honesty and willingness to take a second look and have a change of heart. Its very powerful and speaks to who you are , in Christ. I am so happy to see this level of Christian maturity, I think it is quite a rarity.........brother Frank

2009/6/27 22:42

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy