SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Are We Christians To Judgmental?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Rahman

Are We Christians To Judgmental?

While doing some research last night for another thread "has the church replaced israel"

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=1&topic_id=2915&forum=35&post_id=&refresh=Go

i came across a early Gentile church heresy that today is known as "Replacement Theology", which in essence believes that - Israel (the Jewish people and the land) has been replaced by the Christian Church in the purposes of God, or, more precisely, the Church is the historic continuation of Israel to the exclusion of the former - which if anyone truly understands blood covenant, which God has with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, this would be an impossibility ...

But this is not the reason for this thread as much as WHY would these early gentile saints come to such a conclusion ... The Holy Spirit's answer to me was "self righteous judgmentalism", an error that God's Church, particularly the remnant, has to be on watch to not secumb to ...

It's that hired early in the day laborer type of judgmentalism that says to the Master of the harvest, "What do you mean you're gonna pay the folk that You hire at the tail end of the day the same wage You paid me at it's beginning - Don't I deserve more"?

It's that elder brother of the prodigal son type jugmentalism that deters us from sincerely joining in the joy and celebration of our heavenly Father's party for our newly restored sibling, who squandered his inheritance in a backslidden condition, while we stayed home and toed the line ... And we say to ourselves and God, "Why are you throwing him a party ... don't I deserve even more"?

It's that Jonah type judgmentalism that excuses us from preaching God's message of repentance, grace and redemption to any whom we've judged as heathen, apostate and/or unworthy, particularly the unsaved worldly, and in some cases even today folk of Jewish descent ... At which point we say, "Lord, their actions prove they don't deserve anything, and I certainly don't deserve this job of having to go out and warn them".

Christ Church is not here to judge the unsaved, or apostate Israel ... We're here to preach the gift of grace, and the consequence of the rejecting of that gift ... IN HIS LOVE ...

Christ remnant in His Church is not here to judge the unsaved, apostate Israel, or the apostate Church ... We're here to preach the gift of grace, and the consequence of the rejecting of that gift ... IN HIS LOVE ...

Even a prophetic calling, with a sobering message of impending chastisements for unrepentant sins, is not an open invitation for us to impose our own personal judgments on the unsaved, apostate Israel, or the apostate Church, but to understand that such a calling, and message, are in fact a clear indication that God, thru us, is still operating towards His rejectors ... IN HIS LOVE ... GOD IS LOVE ...

So what do you think? ... Do others see/feel/hear/sense God's love via us?

Or ...

ARE WE CHRISTIANS TO JUDGMENTAL?

2004/9/2 10:20Profile
moreofHim

Re: Are We Christians To Judgmental?

Bro. Rahman,

I would be the first one to answer you but my mind is now fried from another post today. the Lord has been trying to show me some things in another area and i can't think much any more right now. :-) LOL

Maybe later today my mind will be back in full working condition. :) Didn't want you to go on thinking you were ignored. :)

Blessings in Christ, Chanin

2004/9/2 11:33Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I would be the first one to answer you but my mind is now fried from another post today.

Yea I wanted to reply to your post also Rahman but my batteries are abit on low.. need to take a break and spend time with the Lord to recharge. hmm 'fried' that might need some miricale working power sister Chanin. hehe :-P

2004/9/2 11:35Profile
moreofHim

Re:

I hate to do this to Rahman's post but can't you just imagine my little brain getting all heated up and working in over time, and the smoke starts to come out of the ears. FRIED.:) What is a miracle is that my little mind (in this blonde head) can work that hard. :-P

2004/9/2 11:40Profile
Rahman

Re: Are We Christians To Judgmental?

Ha! ... Ha! ... Both you guys are sooooooo funny! ... '0)

But one of the things i love is that each and every thread on SI has a life of it's own, and one never knows if or when it'll take off!

Love you guys!

Bro. R

2004/9/2 12:32Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy