SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Collapse of Christian America

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

The Collapse of Christian America

Not sure where the thread for this webcast today went, so I'm posting it again. Free webcast by AIG Ken Ham @ http://live.creationmuseum.org//?utm_source=creation-museum-creation-evolution&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=state-of-the-nation-09

Today at 2000 EDT (8 pm EDT)

2009/6/25 18:11Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: The Collapse of Christian America

Just want to make a comment...

This has nothing to do with this broadcast but would like to share it for whatever it is worth.

The other day we had at our store a very interesting customer. He was a trucker and is a Serbian. His accent was different so I asked him where he is from, so he told me Serbia. He then proceeded to share his insights about America.

What he said in essence is that "when America ceases to be good, it ceases to be great." And at present it is GOOD! How, may you ask?

He said when he lived in Serbia, he smuggled drugs, did all kinds of vile things because that was the culture. Everyone was out to best another, rob another; the clergy were encouraging their flock to go out and kill...But he said people here in America don't do that! We accept people regardless where they are from, we respect people, we treat people well. We do not look down on people because of their heritage, their ethnicity. If you are good it will motivate others to be good - so he said.

Then we told him how we have used the honorary system to sell tomatoes. We will put bags of fruit on a table outside our store with a mailbox that is bolted onto the table for people to drop their money in. And we have never lost...This was almost a shock to him....

In no way am I suggesting that America is a holy nation. Just wanted to share what one legal immigrant thinks of our country..that is all.

ginnyrose

2009/6/25 18:34Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Christian America cannot fall - because it has already fallen.

2009/6/26 19:42Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: The Collapse of Christian America

The Church will be tested and tried; refined by
divine fire to purify the hearts of the saints
and purge all worldly desires.
The Spirit will ignite a passion for the kingdom
and the will of GOD.
The saints are called to commit their hearts,
their minds, their all.
There is a reckoning coming soon. Unless we
reckon ourselves dead to the world, unless we
reckon ourselves crucified with Christ, unless
we consider the things of this world as dung
compared to the glory HE has prepared for us:

WE will face that reckoning!!

2009/6/26 21:42Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

America was never a holy nation...the government sometimes used OT principles in how it operated, but it was never a godly nation politically.

But now the countryside is beautiful, made by God! He has his fingerprints all over the place!

ginnyrose

2009/6/27 0:31Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote:
But now the countryside is beautiful, made by God! He has his fingerprints all over the place!

Could say that about any nation in the world not just America.

The beautiful plum coloured sunrise over the mountains and false bay in Capetown.

Glen Shee its beauty is undeniable.

The serene turquoise sea and the endless, fine white sandy beach at Vilanculos Mozambique.

The Muree mountains of Pakisatn with it's cold pine forests, amidst magnificent mountain scenery.

The Great Canyon of Oman is magnificatant you can look far out across the Jabel Akhdar mountain ranges spectacular.

Two places in American I want to visit the Grand Canyon and Yellow Stone.

2009/6/28 19:28Profile
dohzman

Re:

Psa 111:1 Praise ye the LORD. I will praise the LORD with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright, and in the congregation.

David saw two types of people, Jesus saw two types of people---wheat and tares, I supose that maybe there are two types of people who attend churches everywhere. That includes house churches.

2009/6/28 23:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy