SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Hey

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
robbyk

Madison, WI

Hey

Well I have a little time and it's cooling down enough to be inside so I also wanted to introduce myself as I've been using the site for a month now, and recently joined. I took the name Robby K when I was with my band Stand [Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand] on my 1st trip to Nashville where I was invited to perform some original country Christian music in 2005. To make a long story short, while there I got notified I was being sued for the band name and decided not to fight it. My friends in Nashville said "thar ain't no band called Robby K Band" so I took that not wanting to think any harder than that.

I have been blessed in my life, married to a most fantastic Norwegian in 1985. She is a saint and has always got up with the sun to pray and study the Bible. She has a special gift from God and has developed a ministry among Asian women here in Madison. We have one son, a film director recently graduated from UW. He is currently gearing up for a film on Paul. We hope to soon shoot some of the footage in the Black Hills of SD.

I took some bad turns in my life especially as I chased school to school getting degrees in biology and biochemistry. Worked hard and played way too hard so you could say my wife rescued me, settled me down and got me back on track, thanks be to God. I most likely wouldn't be here save for her.

I began a serious study of the KJV in 1987 and it's been off to the races since then. My favorite morning and evening devotional is Spurgeon and I'm still amazed how much an impact Pilgrim's Progress has on me. I love e-sword.

I began having visions and dreams in the 90's and have seen much come to fruition. Much is still coming.

I was recently healed from extreme chronic pain from a broken back and neck [as I said, played a wee bit too hard on many an occasion] in a miraculous way and am now kind of a health nut, almost a complete vegetarian.

I love my garden. I'm a bit of a recluse. I love the birds and assorted animals who often come to visit and chat.

I love songwriting and recording and am currently studying audio online. I don't listen to any music other than what the Lord puts in my head, no radio, CDs, nada, hate the dentist's office and any place with piped in music. It's torture.

I love my tiny church [a new plant] and pastor and brothers and sisters. I am the sound guy for the church. That's them is a song called Wholly in Love on youtube.

I love my many brothers and sisters in Christ here in Madison from many a church. Our passionate pursuit of the Lord has placed us in some most fantastic times and occasions.

I have come to depend on youtube - sermonindex, i'll behonest, etc and this community to stay in focus. Any time away from the Lord is wasted on me now. I am a certified old fart and time is way too precious for anything but God-centric pursuits. I thank the Lord for you all and for this community because it is a great place to be in my down time when I otherwise might be tempted into otherwise vain pursuits.

God bless, looking forward to the ride!

2009/6/25 1:57Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy