SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Zac Poonen in Austin, Texas in July. Anyone Going?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Zac Poonen in Austin, Texas in July. Anyone Going?

Hello brothers and sisters. For those in the south central region of the USA, brother Zac Poonen will be speaking at two churches in mid-July, in the Austin, Texas area. My wife and I are intending to go, Lord willing.

Anyone from these forums planning to go as well? Since I missed the Revival Conference, this might be another chance for some of us to meet up and have some good fellowship under the ministry of brother Zac. Let me know if you plan on going. Marissa and I would love to meet you.

Brother Paul

2009/6/23 12:19Profile
makrothumia

Texas

Re: Zac Poonen in Austin, Texas in July. Anyone Going?

Brother Paul,
Alan plans on going to the conference with a group of brothers from our area and I'm sure he looks forward to meeting you in person!:-) I will be unable to travel with him this trip...but would have loved to meet your wife. We have appreciated your moderation of this site, and we are always blessed by your input.
blessings,
Dina Martin

2009/6/23 15:50Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Hello brothers and sisters. For those in the south central region of the USA, brother Zac Poonen will be speaking at two churches in mid-July, in the Austin, Texas area. My wife and I are intending to go, Lord willing.

Brother,

Do you have the details for this meeting? Please post them if you do.

2009/6/23 16:03Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Do you have the details for this meeting? Please post them if you do.

I know the dates are July 17th, 18th & 19th in Austin, TX. The man to contact with all the church address information and directions is Benoy James at (512) 990-2808. Brother James is Zac's point of contact here in the states, and has a full inventory of all his CD's, mp3's, books, videos, etc., for distribution. The theme Zac will be ministering on for the three days in July is "A Heavenly Life on Earth". If you intend on going, it is requested that you let Benoy James know in advance, so he can figure out how much food to prepare for lunch (yes, meals are provided!)

Benoy's website is www.ravensministry.com More information on the meetings can be found there. I'm looking very forward to meeting those who will be able to attend.

Brother Paul

2009/6/23 16:49Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

These meetings begin in two days. I will be there with my wife, Lord willing (and with the baby on Friday night). If anyone from these forums is planning on attending, we will be delighted to meet you.

Brother Paul

2009/7/15 15:52Profile
HeartSong

Re:

I am in Austin for the Zac Poonen Conference and the Lord would have me tell you of the great things that He is doing. Today I went to find the two locations where the meetings are to be held. After that I planned on going to eat at a restaurant that I haven't eaten at for a long while. The first location I drove to without any problem The second location was another matter. There are many forks in the road here in Austin and everything is moving so fast that there is no time to locate, or read, the names of the streets.

When I realized that I had taken a "wrong" turn, I pulled into the parking lot of a small strip mall to turn around. There in front of me was a fish restaurant - and as I stared at the sign, I realized that the Lord wanted me to eat there. As I stood in line, confused about what to order, I let a group of three people go in front of me. After I sat down I realized that these same three people were sitting next to me. When I went back to the counter to get my silverware (which I had forgotten) one of the men from the group was there getting fish sauce and asked me if I was from Austin. I said "no, I am from Iowa" - and he just smiled and said he was trying to find out how many floors the new building in Austin was going to have. As we approached the table he asked me how I had heard about the restaurant since it is a popular hole in the wall that only people from Austin know about.* I told him that the Lord had led me to it - that I was lost and had pulled into the parking lot to turn around. He looked a little taken back and said "praise God."

I overheard him telling the lady that I was from Iowa and she said "well, she can't help that" - I just smiled inside. Later, after everyone was finished eating, they asked me why I was in Austin so I told them that I was there to attend a conference. They mentioned a conference that was going on, but that was not it. When they offered to help me find my way, I handed the man my brochure with the address and the map. As he opened it his eyes lit up and he said that he used to be a part of a gospel group but had fallen away. He looked the brochure over really well before he handed it back.

Maybe he will be at the meetings. :-)

EDIT: * This was the deciding moment. I could feel the tension. It was as if everything around me suddenly stopped - as if waiting to see if I would bring His name forth - or deny Him.

2009/7/17 18:13Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Yesterday, during a break at the conference, I felt the need to spend some time alone with the Lord. I found a child's classroom with the lights turned off so I went inside. Since all of the chairs were too small I sat on the floor.

While I was praying, a small boy, about four years old, wandered in with his parents. They were looking for something and when they saw me they apologized profusely and started to leave - but I begged them to stay.

The little boy was staring at me sitting there on the floor and finally blurted out "are you praying?" I told him that I was and then added "I really like to pray." When he continued to stare I asked him "don't you?" Much to his parent's horror he replied "no." This brought on a flurry of explanation by his parents but the little boy and I just continued to look at each other.

As they were leaving the room the little boy and I exchanged names and made an agreement, he is going to pray for me, and I am going to pray for him.

2009/7/19 8:27Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re: Zac Poonen in Austin, Texas in July. Anyone Going?

Hi,

Does anyone know if these msgs are posted online any where yet?

thanks,
Michelle

2009/7/20 18:31Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

They are posted here: http://www.ravensministry.com/

2009/7/20 18:38Profile

Re:

Sister Laura,
Thank you for sharing about your trip. :)

2009/7/20 18:57

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy