SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Joseph Prince

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
deborah5769

Joseph Prince

Anyone who criticizes Joseph Prince has not really heard what he preaches. He preaches grace and there is only GRACE. no such thing as "humblyD" said he preaches one side of God's grace. there is no two sides. GRace is grace! if you will listen with an open heart you will find his messages bring freedom. dont criticize if you havent given time to listen and study what he preaches. every thing he preaches is from the Bible.
go to www.imeem.com/faeleia and listen to him and you will be transformed.

2009/6/22 23:00Profile

Re: Joseph Prince

But, he himself claims to be a word of faith preacher. That's a problem to all those who have come out of this false teaching, and those whom they rightly warn - even though Joseph Prince loves the word of God. He needs to ditch that theology, and to understand what is wrong with it, and although his congregation may shrink, he will be in even greater truth.

2009/6/23 0:39
LoveGodsWay2

Ohio, USA

From his church website:

Quote:
Accepting Jesus as your Lord and Saviour will not only save you from sin and hell, but also give to you health, joy, peace, love, hope, unconditional acceptance, favour, the power to get wealth, all good things you can think of and more.

[url=http://www.newcreation.org.sg/aboutus/we_believe/cross.htm]New Creation Church[/url]

2009/6/23 8:08Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

LoveGodsWay2 wrote:
From his church website:
Quote:
Accepting Jesus as your Lord and Saviour will not only save you from sin and hell, but also give to you health, joy, peace, love, hope, unconditional acceptance, favour, the power to get wealth, all good things you can think of and more.

[url=http://www.newcreation.org.sg/aboutus/we_believe/cross.htm]New Creation Church[/url]

some who accepts Jesus will be persecuted, murdered, sawn asunder, become homeless and much more, some will be filled with Gods spirit and be stoned to death very shortly after, It is true you will have wealth, in the heavenly, God has given us all riches in Jesus. so wealth spiritually yes, and joy and peace to, that even when we are persecuted, imprisoned, sawn asunder we have joy and peace in Him.

all these things are availible for someone who have faith, but the riches like money and welth on earth God gives to anyone, the condition for being a wealthy man is found in the NT Mat 5:45 that ye may be sons of your Father in the heavens, because His sun He doth cause to rise on evil and good, and He doth send rain on righteous and unrighteous.

so wealth and earthly joy and peace you either have to be righteous or unrighteous to enjoy, but to enjoy the heavenly riches, only a child of God can have those. Those are to be able to experience total freedom and joy in the midst of persecution, in prison, in poverty, when hungry, when homeless ect.

Heb 11:32 And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:
Heb 11:33 Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,
Heb 11:34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.
Heb 11:35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:
Heb 11:36 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:
Heb 11:37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
Heb 11:38 (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.
Heb 11:39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
Heb 11:40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

we see that through faith we can receive healing, even resurrection of dead people, but the same faith can also make us die horrible deaths and torture..... its the same faith.

2009/6/23 8:36Profile
LoveGodsWay2

Ohio, USA

One of popular teachings, but with errors, is regarding the parable of the Lost/Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11-32.

He believes repentance is NOT required because the father was looking for his son and he had compassion before he repented (Luke 15:20).

The truth is the son DID repent before and afterwards(see Luke 15:17-19, 21).

Another error of Joseph Prince is regarding Acts 13:13-41. He believes that is a word for word sermon of Paul and this was the only thing Paul preached. (See his book "Destined to Reign.") If this is true, then Paul's sermons were only about 5 minutes long.

Also, he states that Paul didn't preach repentance in this sermon, thus he never preached repentance and that it should not be preached today.

However, Paul did preach repentance. See Acts 17:29-31, Acts 20:20-22, Acts 26:19-21, 2 Cor. 7:2-12, Eph 4:17-24, 2 Tim 2:19-21, and Titus 2:11-15.

2009/6/23 8:58Profile
learn

Quote:

deborah5769 wrote:
Anyone who criticizes Joseph Prince has not really heard what he preaches. ....

Reading this, reminds me of "If people bother to really read the bible and if their heart is in the right place, they will know where the error of Joseph Prince's preaching is.

I've been to his church before I was saved and one of the reason why I left was because of the 'prosperity gospel' that they were preaching. My life was difficult, I wanted to have enough $ etc but not at the expense of attending to hear something that may not be right no matter how much I wanted it to be true -and I wasn't even saved then but already felt there was something wrong. As if we come to Jesus for 'material blessings' and that after we come to Jesus, we will have material blessings.

After I was saved, I've heard his sermon and realised that people who do not really bother to read their bible and if their heart is bent on prosperity etc will not realise the error of his message. Hmmmmh has already given an example of what the bible says which is in conflict with what Joseph Prince is teaching.

Most religions teach kindness. Kindness is a good virtue but just because religions teach kindness doesn't mean they are the correct religion. On the surface,Joseph Prince may seem to preach the gospel as in the bible but listening to his sermon and checking with the bible will prove otherwise. And not just checking on the parts of the bible that one wants to hear.

BTW, Paul the apostle had a much more 'difficult live' after he was saved. Before, he was doing well, but after he was saved, he was poor, hungry, imprisoned, whipped etc. Why did Joseph Prince not mention Paul but mentioned cases like Joseph over and over again to get his point that we will be materially well off when we are a Christian. Also, Joseph Prince have stressed that we need only God etc, to feel the presence of God etc (maybe singing Christian songs etc) but yet fail to mention about us needing to really read the bible as the main way(or 1 of the main way) to really know God. Also, how he interprets what the bible say is not totally correct and for people who don't really bother to read the bible diligently and are really saved will be misled. Just some examples.

BTW, we don't believe in Joel Osteen also which is supported in the website that you have inserted in your post and who (Joel Osteen) is also endorsed by Joseph Prince

2009/6/23 10:04Profile
humblyD

Hi Deborah,
My good friend got the book "destine to riegn". He started talking about how it liberated him too! He started talking about how we are fogiven for sins past,present and future.And how 1 john chapter 1 wasn't written to christians, but to the gnostics and how we don't have to confess and repent of our sins, we just have to realize we are forgiven. It scared me that my friend was being led astray. So i did my homework on this guy.God's Grace probably has 10,000 sides, like His Word Gods Grace is multifaceted and we will search it out for eternity if we truely belong to him.Most false teachers preach from the Bible so we have critical of strange teaching.

2009/6/23 10:40Profile
learn

Re:

HumblyD,

Reading what you wrote remind me of this incident. A person was preaching the true gospel and how we needed to repent and turn to Jesus to be saved (outside Joel Osteen's church). People were either leaving or going to the church. Nobody (not a single person) that was shown in the youtube clip bothered to listen to the true gospel. 1 woman started shouting at him that there was no hell and that hell was a make-believe place. Makes me very sad. This is what happens when we follow a false gospel.

2009/6/23 10:52Profile
humblyD

Re:

do any regulars on si think joseph prince is ok?

2009/6/23 19:06Profile
LoveGodsWay2

Ohio, USA

Quote:
humblyD: do any regulars on si think joseph prince is ok?

I also would like some imput from other SI regulars. His teaching has affected (or infected) some of leaders and now the body of Christ at my church. I will be meeting with the pastor in the few days concerning this.

2009/6/24 9:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy