SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Harvest and the great falling away. A warning.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
wayneman

Michigan

Re:

Quote:
This is at the heart and soul of the Pharisee spirit, the professional ministry, and it alive and well in most of Churchianity in America today...but Hallelujah! ...not for long.

We will be one body with one Spirit and one Lord over all, before it is all over, and the Harvest has begun!

"Then shall we know, [if] we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter [and] former rain unto the earth." Hos. 6:3

I am believing God for a great end time revival. The church age began with the former rain (Pentecost) and will end with the latter rain.

"Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first [month]...And it shall come to pass afterward, [that] I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:" Joel 2:23-28

At the same time, "In the last days perilous times shall come, for men shall be lovers of their own selves...holding to a form of godliness but denying the power thereof." 2 Tim. 3 "Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold." Matt. 24:9-12 "for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first." 2 Thess. 2:3

This concurrent latter rain revival and great falling away constitute the final harvest, the separation of the wheat and the tares. It will also entail a final separation of the saints from the Babylonic religious system. "Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins." Rev. 18:4

I believe that the latter rain revival will bypass the professional clergy. How could it be otherwise? It is almost irreverent to contemplate what would happen if the Holy Spirit were poured out on the American Gospel Enterprise: Profits would skyrocket. Hedge funds would invest in evangelistic organizations. Corporate logos would adorn sanctuaries. Revival leaders would land lucrative endorsement contracts. Thousands of new millionaires would be made but Christ would not be glorified. In other words, a revival of the worldly religious system wouldn't be a revival at all. It would be pure farce. It would be like the Lord really giving Benny Hinn the gift of healing so he could really start hauling in the money. The latter rain revival will take place "outside the camp."

"Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate. Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach. For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come." Heb. 12:14

2009/6/21 0:42Profile

Re: Come out of her!.....Professionals included.

"This concurrent latter rain revival and great falling away constitute the final harvest, the separation of the wheat and the tares. It will also entail a final separation of the saints from the Babylonic religious system. "Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins." Rev. 18:4"

"I believe that the latter rain revival will bypass the professional clergy. How could it be otherwise? It is almost irreverent to contemplate what would happen if the Holy Spirit were poured out on the American Gospel Enterprise:"

Wayneman.

I couldn't agree with you more. A revival in their back yard would only serve to validate their insincerity and encourage their avarice; but in the long run, I think it impossible. Jesus prophecies of a pure and spotless bride, and the wife of the Lamb, who has; "Made herself ready." This does not speak of the unrepentant proud and the Nicolaitan, nor repugnant Babylon; man's system and control of worship.

The bible also prophecies that the glory of the latter house, shall exceed the glory of the former, and in Amos speaks of a time when the plowman should be overtaken by the treader of grapes....INSTANT FRUIT! This is the church flowering in full maturity, and there is no doubt though, that suffering and tribulation will accompany this company as the DAY draws near.

This is how I see it. There are more leaving the church systems today than ever before, and more organic moves and churches than ever before, as the Lord prepares His bride. The wise virgins had oil. Could this be symbolic of true Holy Spirit relationship?
Tom.

2009/6/21 1:40
TracyInMD

Maryland, USA

Re: The Harvest and the great falling away. A warning.

Wow, i have so many thoughts on this, especially [b]that we can DISTINGUISH the tares being a sign[/b], as you said. There is a conversation going on among some of us where I am of these very things. Hope to write more later, but if not, here's an interesting scripture and my theory of what may be happening. Spoken of in Dan 11, 12, the "people of insight" (NASB) Especially Dan 12:3.

[i]Those who have insight will shine brightly like the brightness of the expanse of heaven, and those who lead the many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever. [/i]

It's just a theory that WE will see the other ones with insight, those who heard the message of righteousness and are truly obeying it. The beginning of this "shining brightly" could be the identification/clarification of counterfeit disciples. Until now, we've been deceived, but God is un-deceiving us and we are beginning to see.

I agree that it is a very unique TIME. More to say, little time, hope to write more!

2009/6/21 7:53Profile

Re: Sincere but bound. The Ministry class and the void.

I might add that many men in the clergy/ laity system are sincere, and doctrinally sound, but in the long run, via the quenching of the Holy Spirit, create barrenness in spite of their noble intentions, and set the flame of Apostasy by virtue of His Absence. They create the FORM of Godliness, with hollow cores; their is no life!

Jesus exhorted of the Pharisee's, "Do as they say, [..because they sat in the seat of Moses; they were doctrinally and clinically correct ], "but do not DO as they do." So it often is today, even with good men in the pulpit. Because the body is separated from the Head, by virtue of a single man dominating the entire functions of the church, [ and the Church is NOT the meeting..]we are left with a lifeless, religious void, that we have been sold as REALITY; the way it ought to be.

It is a far cry from the vibrant life of the early church that created "Great Joy", as they met from house to house, and sadly, a part of religious Babylon; the dead church, or at least the "Dying church."

Let us never forget that the Church was always and is always the Church of "THE LEAST OF THE BRETHREN," and this notion of an anointed "PRIEST CLASS"....[ "the Pastor!" ] did not exist. Yes, their were shepherds, but always plural, and always equal and equally submitted to one another. By allowing this order, the Headship of Jesus as Lord of the assembly and Body is destroyed, as He is rejected and quenched.

Yes, even good men can be a part of the problem, and to survive, not just the common, but the Pastors too, must "COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE!" to see Jesus as Lord and King over that which He redeemed.

2009/6/21 8:19

Re: The time when the Church shines.

TracyinMD said;

"Wow, i have so many thoughts on this, especially that we can DISTINGUISH the tares being a sign, as you said. There is a conversation going on among some of us where I am of these very things. Hope to write more later, but if not, here's an interesting scripture and my theory of what may be happening. Spoken of in Dan 11, 12, the "people of insight" (NASB) Especially Dan 12:3.

"Those who have insight will shine brightly like the brightness of the expanse of heaven, and those who lead the many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever."

Brothertom says:

This must be the end of the Age. Paul spoke of his revelation that the ELECT could not be deceived, inferring it's impossibility, and the fact that the body has "made herself ready..", and is clothed in White; "pure and spotless".

If she was stained or deceived by the "Tare deceivers", this could not be so. She had to have had the discernment and understanding to know the difference."They will be Mine," says the LORD of hosts, "on the day that I prepare My own possession, and I will spare them as a man spares his own son who serves him."

Malachi 3:18

18."So you will again distinguish between the righteous and the wicked, between one who serves God and one who does not serve Him."

Malachi spoke of the special treasure of the Lord that he would possess in the last days; the day of the Lord. he promises this very discernment of the tares, and also His holy ones. Here He speaks of the essence of the harvest, the great separation culminating in eternal dwelling places.

Very edifying input..Tom

2009/6/21 20:49

Re:

Christ alone can save you, but beware of church!

Pretty well the only noticeable key for discernment today is to recognize "if a preacher is famous, he is false".

Old Joe

2009/6/22 14:35
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Re: The Harvest and the great falling away. A warning.

Bro tom from Illinois, i have somewhat to say unto thee ... If they don't acknowledge Christ as the head of the body ( his church ) and as the door of the sheepfold (not the shepherd apperently OVER - us) And Christ as the captain of his army, And Christ as high priest over the house of God (which house are we) ...Then bro tom from illinois as i said ...i have one thing to say unto thee! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! Run AND KEEP ON RUNNING - DO NOT RETURN TO "Go" TO COLLECT THE $200 HUNGE...RUN FOR THE BAULKUM HILLS IN A MANNER OF SPEAKING... DONT LINGER LIKE LOT OF OLD , NOR TURN BACK TO LOOK AT WHAT U SUPPOSEDLY LEFT BEHIND. FOR THAT MAN IS A HIRELING AND CARETH NOT FOR THE SHEEP. TOM FROM ILLINOIS HOWEVER WHAT HE PROBABLY DOES CARE ABOUT IS THE HIP POCKET RENUMERATION MONEY FOR SERVICES RENDERED. But the good shepherd layeth down his life for the sheep. Priscilla and aquila layed down there necks to supply service unto Paul and for the work. Hmmm. A SELAH MOMENT. THERE IS NO PLACE FOR MINI PHAROAH'S BEARING RULE "OVER" GOD'S CHILDREN!! Nurture yes, feed yes, oversee yes, feed the flock of God yes, watch over souls yes! As for the AUTHORITARIAN and hyper-sheperding, submission, and covering movement! It will be judged and perish along with the using...as the fashion of this world PASSETH away!

2009/6/22 19:15Profile

Re:

Quote:
7.] They are all professional preachers, paid itinerants often. Jesus had a word for them.Hirelings. After a while, you perform, you ACT. You play the role, and the entertainment and oratorical value of the impression you make, becomes ascendant over the Word of God. That is how they stay popular, after all. "and my people love it so."

Our home church we left about a couple of yrs ago, just last Sunday...the pastor rode a motorcycle into service to promote the new "ministry", motorcycles for Jesus. :-(

2009/6/22 20:53
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re: Revival rain comes on the weeds as well as the wheat

Quote:

Wayneman wrote:
"This concurrent latter rain revival and great falling away constitute the final harvest, the separation of the wheat and the tares. It will also entail a final separation of the saints from the Babylonic religious system. "Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins." Rev. 18:4"

"I believe that the latter rain revival will bypass the professional clergy. How could it be otherwise? It is almost irreverent to contemplate what would happen if the Holy Spirit were poured out on the American Gospel Enterprise:"

Brothertom wrote:

I couldn't agree with you more. A revival in their back yard would only serve to validate their insincerity and encourage their avarice; but in the long run, I think it impossible. Jesus prophecies of a pure and spotless bride, and the wife of the Lamb, who has; "Made herself ready." This does not speak of the unrepentant proud and the Nicolaitan, nor repugnant Babylon; man's system and control of worship.

Greetings, all.

It seems more and more witnesses these days are testifying that they hear the Spirit saying there is a mighty outpouring of the Spirit at the door: the "latter rain."

I was thinking of this the other day, and a fear came over my heart, because of the implications. For it is not only going to bring the wheat to maturity; it is also going to bring the tares to maturity.

The "revival" at hand (but I think it is far far more than a revival we are going to see)...it IS going to come upon the apostate church as well as the true... with different results. It is going to bring the fulness of God to those who have been seeking and longing for Righteousness.

And it is going to bring forth a powerful expression of antichrist as well. The wheat shall come to maturity, and the thorns and briars as well. (Heb. 6.7,8).

The earth drinketh in the rain... and brings forth the harvest of both the wheat and the tares.

A very sobering and fearful prospect... as well as one of great joy and hope.

And so when it begins to happen, and we see the latter rain falling on the wheat to our great joy... and falling on the weeds too, as well as the wheat... and the weeds rejoicing in the rain, too... and strong deception taking place in those realms where men refused the love of the truth... and God actually doing what you said, Tom... God actually strengthening their avarice and carnal ways, and giving them over to their own hearts' lusts, and to deception... let us prepare for the inevitable persecution that will come our way, when men who think they do God service do to the true body of Christ what they once did to the Head.

AD

2009/6/22 21:47Profile
TracyInMD

Maryland, USA

Re:

This thread is amazing to me. One other thing I'd like to point out that I see and that is the idea of GATHERING. 3-4 of us where i am have heard distinctly the idea of "gather". It burns in our soul. Four years ago we did not know each other, but immediately upon finding each other, it became evident that GOD had brought us together. We believe wholeheartedly that God wants us and the body in general to gather. We believe it to start in small 2s and 3s.

For me, specifically, the days of far off prayer lists are gone. I want to be in the same room. Second best is by phone, but there is nothing like in person face-to-face when you hear what precise same things God is doing in the heart of His people.

In taking my eyes OFF so-called church as the assumed "right thing" and focusing strictly on what the Bible shows of God's desire for us, you see a terrible gap. And finding people who believe that is very difficult and we are geographically dispersed.

So there are the four of us, and it's like experiencing Acts 2 and this sense of awe. Nothing out or order or mystical or glorifying to itself. There is an extremely strong sense of "Body" and "One Faith" (eph 4) and in fact Christ Himself. We are aware of Christ walking among the lampstands. There is not one of us in this One Faith that we do not need.

THIS is the Church to which Christ desires to return and we see it more and more with our eyes. And in fact the testimony coming out of Barnsdall proves to the four of us that God is doing it more and more. He is GATHERING. He is doing the precise same things in the hearts of the people within the various traditions.

Now look at Matthew 13:30--
[i]Allow both to grow together until the harvest; and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather up the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them up; but [b]gather the wheat into my barn[/b][/i].

It's our belief that God is gathering the wheat into His barn right now. This idea of gathering, plus the new awareness of distinguishing the wheat/tares, makes me believe more and more that this IS the time of end of the age.

2009/6/23 6:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy