SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Harvest and the great falling away. A warning.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

The Harvest and the great falling away. A warning.

"The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels."
Matthew 13:38-40 (in Context) Matthew 13 (Whole Chapter)

These times are somewhat surreal to me, as the days pass. I have seen men, ministers of the gospel, that I respected, prove to be of the devil; false and lying apostles. Why didn't I see this before, when I could have warned others?, and why did not others see this coming in their lives? I have been astonished, and cried out, "This cannot be!"; "Not Him!"..but it was true. They were apostate.

The thing that I am beginning to grasp now, after some time at this business of discerning Truth and Deception, is that these men, these great leaders of American Christianity who have turned aside, have always been crooked. Many or most of them never did belong to Jesus. They have always been tares...and they must be exposed by the Lord alone, and this was only possible at a

[b]TIME[/b]...the end of the age.

I believe with all of my heart that we as a church, have entered into this era now. We have entered into the End of the Age. I do not know the length of this time, or it's relation to the Return of Jesus, and the preceding great tribulation; but brothers and sisters; we are in it.

One of the major signs is that we recognize the tares; the counterfeit WHEAT. They must grow up among us, and in a way, be hidden among the good fruit of the field. This is something that God has done, something that He has engineered, for the sake of purity. Yes, the devil has sowed the tares, but God allowed it as the test that All of the Harvest is about. [b]Worship[/b]

Who do you love, and what are you devoted to? As I ponder the attributes of these men, I see a pattern about them, in their preaching, teaching and deeds. The lack of;

1.] The preaching and teaching of the Cross of Jesus, and His blood alone, as the only and sole way to the Father.

2.] The truth that; "[b]You must be born again!"[/b]..regenerated by the Holy Spirit Himself within your self, creating a new man; a child of God Himself.

3.] The teaching and preaching of the Cross that the Christian must bear, to gain Christ. The submission inwardly to that Holy Spirit that will put us to death. This is the only thing that will transform us to the end that we will be as Jesus, and learn how to Love.

4.] The drawing away from the Word alone, as literally written in the Bible, to an EXPERIENCE or humanistic feeling, as a fruit of God's will or presence. This is compromise, full and complete, and the odd thing about it, is that it grows, it spreads, and the trickle of heresy becomes a flood...every time, if you wait.

5.] The "ministry" mentality, versus the "Brother" mentality. Clergy / Laity thinking, and the adherence to the "Priest Class" type of living. Separate...and this is the prominent thing that has destroyed the body life of the church, and there-by the Body. We are one body, and the Apostles all called themselves brethren FIRST, and esteemed the least of the Brethren as much as any of the prominent ones.

6.] They see the church as an event, that they mostly lead, rather than an organism. The meeting is the Church to them, and the reality is that it is NOT! The meeting should never precede the community, the love of one another in practical ways in daily life. To admit this, however, would place these nicolaitan types right out of power, and they will not descend to the common, which brings ...

7.] They are all professional preachers, paid itinerants often. Jesus had a word for them.[b]Hirelings.[/b] After a while, you perform, you ACT. You play the role, and the entertainment and oratorical value of the impression you make, becomes ascendant over the Word of God. That is how they stay popular, after all. "and my people love it so."

We must learn to walk with God alone, for this is the very heart of what Faith is. The secret place, where we Know Him, and strive to please Him, to die to us, to live to Him...and THEN as a member of the Body, and then the Church is real; Love is real. This is where we are heading, and soon Jesus will take His rightful place as Head of the body...as Lord, all over the Earth.

The Elders of this Church will do three things.

1.] They will feed the Church.

2.] They will protect the Church.

3.] They will manifest the Lordship of Jesus alone wherever they go and in whatever they do to All.

Your thoughts on this time ?

2009/6/20 10:25
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: The Harvest and the great falling away. A warning.

From my perspective I have noticed that some will make #4 a number one priority: the theology of 'feeling'. "I feel this way about.." that, having dismissed the authority of the Word on issues. It is all about 'feeling.' I think this is so dumb: feelings are so fickle. Mine are and I doubt that I am the exception. Hey! Some days I don't even feel love for my husband and then other days I am so cosy with feelings. Feelings are important - God made us capable of them - but they MUST come under the LORDSHIP of the Holy Spirit, no less.

It appears to me you are on target, that it is Biblical, Tom. This piece is worthy of more serious study, IMHO.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2009/6/20 10:46Profile

Re: feelings: symbolism over substance

Hey ginnyrose: It's like "Oprah" Christianity out there! Everyone is saved, Hindu or Muslim, god is good to all, and mercy for everyone. All you need is love...

That feels good to the soul, but the fire afterward will not, for the Father is jealous over the sacrifice of His Son, and must punish all who reject Him, for they are unclean.

The end to following someone like that, {I think of Rick Warren now..] is there end. Hell. thanks for the insight.

2009/6/20 11:06
rainydaygirl

Re:

ginny

you wrote:"Some days I don't even feel love for my husband and then other days I am so cosy with feelings. Feelings are important - God made us capable of them - but they MUST come under the LORDSHIP of the Holy Spirit, no less."
____

Thank you so much for sharing this today. I have been in some very real danger recently in allowing some of my "feelings" to rule me. I am so thankful for this reminder and that the Lord has kept me during this time from making any really sinful choices! YES!! all things must be under HIM!!!!!

thanks
rdg

2009/6/20 11:36Profile
wayneman

Michigan

Good word, Brothertom.

Wheat and tares are indistinguishable until a strong wind blows. Then the wheat bends but the tares remain stiff and unbowed. Revival wind exposes the tares for what they are. I have seen two spontaneous moves of the Spirit. One was a Friday night Bible study, the other was a Saturday night jail ministry. Both occured outside the institutionalized church. Both were suppressed and shut down by the professional clergy. From the days of Jesus till now, the vanguard of resistance to God's purpose on earth has been salaried clergy with professional interests to protect.

George Whitefield believed that the great curse of his day was the "unconverted clergy." In his day, the church was very much a part of the fashionable world system. Today, the American Gospel Enterprise offers comfortable positions to anyone with a flair for religion and a type-A personality. On Christian radio we hear preachers for whom the Bible is a closed book. They display no spiritual understanding at all. The unregenerate religionist reads the Bible and apprehends Jesus as rule-maker, example-setter, object of devotion and the one who made our salvation possible by paying the bill for our sins. They have reduced the Christian gospel to an ethical code and the Christian life to dead works. When these professional religionists encounter the work of the Holy Spirit, it seems strange and cultish to them.

In the end times there will be a great falling away. There will also be great persecution of the saints. We know that the clergy will spearhead the persecution of the saints because they throughout church history, beginning in the book of Acts. The professional evangelical clergy is the modern equivalent of the pharisees. Thank God, there are a few Nicodemuses and Josephs here and there. But they will probably be compelled to break from the professional clergy.

2009/6/20 13:23Profile

Re: The deliberate quenching of the Spirit to protect your livelihood.

Wayneman said: " I have seen two spontaneous moves of the Spirit. One was a Friday night Bible study, the other was a Saturday night jail ministry. Both occurred outside the institutionalized church. Both were suppressed and shut down by the professional clergy. From the days of Jesus till now, the vanguard of resistance to God's purpose on earth has been salaried clergy with professional interests to protect."

Very clear discernment, Wayneman. I think of the Pharisee's final and logical justification to assassinate Jesus of Nazareth, [ and poor resurrected Lazarus too...]. "If we allow Him to continue, the Romans will come, and remove our Nation, and our place!" "..and from that moment on, they counseled on how they might kill Him." This is what I was referring to when I said that it seemed surreal. Who could imagine that a real move of God would be quenched, willingly, by professing Christian leaders?

The sad truth, is that it happens, and it happens quite frequently, for when the Lord the Spirit declares His dominion over HIS body, Man must be dethroned. They are out of power and a job, and they will fight to the death to retain it. It is a small thing to them to sacrifice the church to do it. To them, it seems perfectly natural, and they deem themselves even responsible to do it. They will attack anything and anybody that may even hint that the church does not belong to them, and they are not needed. This is at the heart and soul of the Pharisee spirit, the professional ministry, and it alive and well in most of Churchianity in America today...but Hallelujah! ...not for long.

We will be one body with one Spirit and one Lord over all, before it is all over, and the Harvest has begun!

2009/6/20 13:56
robbyk

Madison, WI

Strong words of encouragement brother Tom. It is indeed a perilous time. Here in Madison much of the church has become the world, the deception is powerful and great to the youth. Here the persecution of the remnant has also begun and, sadly over the past twenty years, many lights have flickered, waned and died out with little or no nourishment afforded from the church. It is now a time for brotherhood and I feel strongly we must band together as brethren or risk isolation, abandonment and premature matyrdom. God bless you all for your wisdom and discernment and courage to speak out.

2009/6/20 15:29Profile

Re: A side note

What is this added word "Great" when it is said of the falling away? It doesn't say it's great, why put emphasis on something that has not emphasis? Great Tribulation yes, but not Great Falling Away. Where words are set are very important.

Some could say that I was being nit picky, but when you have thousands of English translations of the Bible and the wording becomes weaker and weaker, we should stand up against these added wordings. A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

Carry on with the discussion, this is a side note.

2009/6/20 20:18
rbanks

Re:

Blessings to you all!

Heb 10:39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Jude 1:20-25 (KJV) 20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:
23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

2009/6/20 20:40Profile

Quote:
I believe with all of my heart that we as a church, have entered into this era now. We have entered into the End of the Age. I do not know the length of this time, or it's relation to the Return of Jesus, and the preceding great tribulation; but brothers and sisters; we are in it.

Do you know how many times I have heard this? Yes things are bad but they are bad because of the technology that enables it to spread. Take a way the technology and what do you have? You have the same thing that has happened before in ages past. Nothing is new under the sun.

There is nothing going on today that is not notable. It has happened before. It's like a cycle that continues to go around. The Church gets worldly, the world gets worse because of it, and then the young people get fed up and they rebel, and then they want truth, so they seek God and in time a revival is birthed, after that persecution, which goes on for several years, as people pray for the nation they are living in, the government passes laws for Christians to practise their faith without harassment. Then the government adopts the Christian principles into their judicial system even in governmental offices, and their is a sense of righteous living even amongst the world because the Church is doing what it's supposed to be doing, standing for the truth of Gods word. When those days come, people don't have to lock their doors. Schools will be a place where you'll want to send your kids to learn. Sex education is left up to the parents, and guns will not be seen in schools. Those times will be called "the good old days".

The wicked will moan and do everything under the cover of darkness to match their heart.

Nothing is new under the sun. This will all come around again. And in some country, God is grooming a nation that will see righteousness flow down like a river and will bless that nation.

2009/6/20 20:54

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy