SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : young african pastors commitment

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ruskipaul

young african pastors commitment

The following lines were penned by a young pastor in Africa and tacked to a wall in his house. Could you have written these words?

My Commitment as a Christian

I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I'm a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future is secure. I'm finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap living, and dwarfed goals.

I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk by patience, lift by prayer, and labor by power.

My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way rough, my companions few, my Guide reliable, my mission clear. I cannot be bought, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I won't give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, preached up for the cause of Christ. I am a disciple of Jesus. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me. And when He comes for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me--my banner will be clear!

2009/6/19 9:06Profile

Re: young african pastors commitment

This is really a fantastic faith confession, and filled with zeal for Jesus, but to be honest, it reminds me a little of Peter, "though all forsake thee, yet I will follow, even unto death!" Then Peter denied Christ a few hours later.

One of my pet Scriptures is; "It is not he who wills , or he who runs, but the Lord who shows mercy." It is wonderful to be committed to Jesus, and absolute in our resolve to give all unto Him who deserves all, yet, in reality this is a contract that is impossible to complete.

"Wretched man that I am! The thing that I hate I do, and the thing that I desire, I reject!WHO WILL DELIVER ME FROM THIS BODY OF DEATH?" This is the reality of our situation. We run, but we cannot finish. In the end, it will be all of grace, and all of mercy. I certainly am not advocating surrender to our base nature, and am condoning the fight that we must endure as we combat the World, the Flesh[ our evil selves ]or the Devil, but it is not possible simply by willing it, or committing to such a maxim as our brother penned.

In the end, the finish line is littered with dead men, one way or another. we must die; be slain by God Himself as we submit to the Spirit within us "mortifying" our self lives, as we are devoted to worshiping Jesus. This is not an act of the will, as much as it is an act of the Heart, an act of Faith. I love Jesus more than I do my parents, my children, my husband or wife, anything in the world, and yes, even more than my own life! I hate my life, and die to it, as I desire Jesus to be enthroned as the Head and Heart of who I am.

"I am crucified with Christ, never the less, I live, yet not I; but the life that I live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me."

In the end, a crucified man dies, and the only thing he can accomplish in life, is to be resurrected. In this walk, we are able to fulfill the commands of the law, and the prophets, and to keep such a covenant of devotion....To love the Lord..[ JESUS! ]your God with all of your strength, mind, and soul, and to love your neighbor as yourself.

All of us fail, and we will continue to, in measure, and perfection will arrive in Heaven; not on this Earth. We do, however, Press in to the Mark of the High Calling in Christ Jesus, which is to manifest Him as he possesses the vessels that we may become. [b]HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD![/b]

2009/6/19 10:06

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy