SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : "Ther're such nice people...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
enid

Nottingham, England

"Ther're such nice people...

...they just need God."

That was a comment I heard on an evangelistic outreach not so long ago.

Nice people?

Blasphemers, God-haters, and nice people?

With God, their life would be complete. He is the 'accessory' that they need.

Or so we think.

Is that how we view people? What does scripture say about people, and nice people at that?

Romans 5v8, 'But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us'

As it is, many are perishing, because of a false view of God, and man.

We don't view God as being serious about sin, and we don't view man as sinful, or at least, not in the way God does.

Nice people?

I don't think so.

2009/6/19 6:11Profile

Re: "Ther're such nice people...

The pillars of Secular Humanism dictate that man is inherently GOOD, and that man IS a God, or collectively God. Thereby everyone is nice, or at least potentially so, and everyone has an element of goodness in them. Adolph Hitler probably just needed some anger management and a good talking to, and he would have got over this mania about murdering innocent Jews. There was just a nice guy in there somewhere! He was like every other Soccer Dad in Europe, but maybe a little more edgy.

This kind of thinking is pagan, and anti-Christ, and without knowledge of original sin, there can be no repentance nor faith toward God, for the Word says that man is deceitful and exceedingly corrupt, and doomed to desperate wickedness. If we are but "Nice", there is no conviction of SIN, or awareness of our satanic natures, or "self lives". This is at the core of Jesus' bloody sacrifice of Himself, as by mercy He made the way for us to be born again, which is at the crux of the holy universe itself, [ the one that will endure forever and ever, set apart from the lake of fire ] and at the pinnacle of all creation.

Those that remain "nice" have attempted to circumvent that one command to repent and Believe upon the Lord Jesus to be cleansed, and cling to a system of their own justification, be it religious or civil. In the end, only the redeemed and forgiven enter Heaven, and those who rest upon there NICETIES must be cast to Hell, otherwise Heaven would not be Heaven.

[b]"Marvel not when I say to you, that you must be born again!"[/b]...Jesus of Nazareth.

2009/6/19 8:49

Re:

amen!

2009/6/19 9:32
Logic

Re: "Ther're such nice people...

Quote:
enid wrote:

Nice people?

I don't think so.

They are nice, even if you don't think so.

The fact that they are nice might be one thing holding them back from relizing their need for Christ.

My wifes boss is ssoooo very nice, she will give the shirt off her back for some one, she GAVE us a practicly new washing machine (5 years old)

however, she is lost.

2009/6/20 10:09Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

I know some people like this to. They are actually very nice, generous, and kind people, but they have no need of Jesus in their minds. They do not see themselves as sinners and are completely lost. I have often heard from these same people who are willing to do wonderful things for others that they just don't see the need of Christianity because they are not bad people. The sad truth is that their understanding of sin is skewed. They think that since they do wonderful kinds acts, they care about others and are willing to do for others that they are just fine. They don't understand that sin is equally deadly, whether your a murder or someone who over eats. Truth is and this is what is sometimes hard to wrap my mind around is that there will be some very nice people suffering eternity in hell. I think that is why it is so important to share with people, that it does not matter how nice or helpful a person may appear to be, in the end someone who lives their life apart from God is His enemy. In some ways I almost think its worse for people who are like that, their own hearts deceive them.

Just my thoughts
rdg

Just had an after thought as I was typing the above out, perhaps in many ways our own view of "nice" is skewed as well? Can anything apart from Jesus every really be called good? It is the motivation of the heart after all that God looks at.....

2009/6/20 10:53Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:
rainydaygirl wrote:
In some ways I almost think its worse for people who are like that, their own hearts deceive them.

This is my point from my last post.

Quote:
...perhaps in many ways our own view of "nice" is skewed as well? Can anything apart from Jesus every really be called good? It is the motivation of the heart after all that God looks at.....

Nice & good are not the same, they are two diferent things.

Anything apart from Jesus can not truly be called good because it will never have any eternal value, however, can be called nice because they behave in a friendly, courteous, generous, charming & disarming manner.

2009/6/20 14:25Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

There should be a distinction, as has been said, already. Good and nice are two different things. I once knew a nice witch. There are very nice satanists out there, as well. However nice is a separate issue from being "good," and of course from being heavenbound.

I think the evangelist was fine in making his comment. It would be one thing if he said that they were "good people."

2009/6/20 15:42Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

Logic wrote:Nice & good are not the same, they are two diferent things.

Anything apart from Jesus can not truly be called good because it will never have any eternal value, however, can be called nice because they behave in a friendly, courteous, generous, charming & disarming manner.
_____

That is why I wrote "can" anything apart from Jesus ever really be called good? I agree that nice and good are two very different things, however the people that I have dealt with who are nice people also will tell you that they are very good people, and they will offer you as proof all the nice things that they do. I was speaking about how these people view themselves in this world. It is sad. I believe we are saying the same thing in the end. There are nice people that do nice things but apart from Christ they will go to hell.

Have a "nice" day, and a "good" night:-)
rdg

2009/6/20 16:09Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:

rainydaygirl wrote:

That is why I wrote "can" anything apart from Jesus ever really be called good? I agree that nice and good are two very different things, however the people that I have dealt with who are nice people also will tell you that they are very good people, and they will offer you as proof all the nice things that they do. I was speaking about how these people view themselves in this world. It is sad. I believe we are saying the same thing in the end. There are nice people that do nice things but apart from Christ they will go to hell.

I see what you're saying, I believe that we are talking about the same thing when we say that people who are nice, know that they are nice; and that is what they messure themselves by.
Themselves being nice are how they see themselves, and the "niceness" is "good"

2009/6/20 18:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy