SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Attributes of Jesus

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Attributes of Jesus

Attributes of Jesus

Jesus is altogether lovely, He saves us, and keeps by His power, from sin and death.

He has given to us His robe of righteousness, He extends his mercy, longsuffering, lovingkindness, tenderness, healing, compassion,

He is our shield, our defender, our rock, our hiding place,

He is our provider, counselor, great shepherd, our friend, who is closer than a brother, our love, He is the Husbandman, He is the source of all blessing,

He restores, rescues, forgives and redeems.

He is our victor, the captain of hosts, He is our banner, and our standard, mighty in battle,

He is he king of kings and lord of lords,

Jesus is crowned with glory and honor, He is our savior, sanctifier, redeemer, merciful and faithful high priest,

He is the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the end, He was dead but now He is ALIVE forevermore and He is seated at the right hand of God (seated - it's finished)

He destroyed death, and led captivity captive

He is the great Apostle of our faith, He is the supreme sacrifice, the spotless and blameless lamb

He is our anchor, our strong tower, our shield, our defender, The ancient of days,

He is the forerunner, the firstborn among many brethren, He is the surety of a better testament and He comes from the unchangeable priesthood, He is able to save to the uttermost,

His presence doesn't cast any shadow because He is the light that lights the heavenly city. He is the light of the world. and the giver of our life.

He is the door, the way and the truth. He is the treasure, the pearl of great price, more precious than the finest gold,

He is the eternal intercessor and He is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, higher than the heavens, He makes His enemies His footstool and laughs at His adversaries.

He is the tree of life, He is consecrated for ever and makes us sanctified forever, by His precious blood.

He is the minister of the Sanctuary, He is the mediator the New covenant.

He is the high priest of GOOD THINGS to come, He's the Lion of Judah, and the New and living way.

He's the same yesterday, today and forever. He is the great shepherd of ALL THE SHEEP

HE IS THE HOLDER OF THEY KEYS, HE IS THE AMEN, HE IS THE FINAL WORD...

He is qualified to open the Book, He is the expression of the heart of the Father, His love has no limits, His grace has no measure, His power has no boundaries known unto men, out of His infinite riches, He gives and gives and gives again

He is our nearest Kinsman, and qualified to redeem us.

He is THE WORD MADE FLESH, the honey in the rock, He is high and lifted up He is the lily of the valley the bright and morning star, the fairest of 10,000.

He is more precious than gold, He's the glory and lifter of our heads. He is the righteous judge, He is a refuge for the oppressed. He doesn't forget the cry of the humble

He is our portion and our inheritance, His garments smell of sweet myrrh and His breath is as sweet apples. He is a very present help in trouble.

He hides us under the shadow His wings, and keeps us as the apple of His eye.

He is our high tower, He makes the hills shake, the mountains melt, the heavens bow.

He will light my candle because He is the light of life He is the branch, and the root of Jesse.

HE IS THE GREAT WAVEMAKER FROM GALILEE

He makes the crooked paths straight and the rough places plain He split history, and divided the ages,

He is the greatest teacher the world has ever known, He is the Baptizer in the Holy Ghost,

He preserves the faithful, He is the resurrection and life,

He spoke and framed the world, He makes our way perfect and makes our feet like hinds feet, He causes us to walk in high places.. He is able to comfort, guide and bless,

He turns our mourning into dancing and, girds us with gladness.

Let me tell you about His voice, His voice is powerful upon the waters, full of majesty, like thunder, it breaks the cedars, divides the flames, shakes the wilderness, makes the hinds to calve, discovers the forests, sets the mountains in their place, It stills the seas, His voice shook the earth, melts the hills.

His voice is as the sound of many waters, He spoke and calmed the storm, He spoke and gave life to the dead, brought healing to the sick, strength to the weak, and forgiveness to the sinner.

He led captivity captive and gave gifts to men, He brought a stream out of a rock, and fed the people in the wilderness, He fed 5000 with two loaves and three little fishes...He is infinite, eternal, glorious and full of majesty.. One day in His courts is better than a thousand, wouldn't you rather be a doorkeeper in His house than dwell in the tents of the world..?

He is the covenant keeper - keeping covenant with covenant breakers..

He is sweeter than all the flowers, He is the lover of our soul and the keeper of our hearts.

HE IS THE KING OF ALL KINGS AND ALL RULERS AND EVERY NATION WILL BOW TO HIM,

HIS NAME IS JESUS....
Author Unknown

-----------------

[i]Please feel free to add more attributes of Jesus Christ to this thread.[/i]

2009/6/18 19:53
HeartSong

Re: Attributes of Jesus

He is my all in all.

He is the sweetness of my soul and the love of my life.

He is my joy everlasting - my constant delight.

He is my peace in the night.

2009/6/18 23:33Profile

HE is King of Kings and Lord of Lords
The Bright Morning Star
The First and the Last
Hope to the hopeless
Fairest of ten thousand!
Thrice Holy!
Almighty God
My best friend
My Loving Saviour, Risen and Victorious~ Mighty to save! Compassionate, who saw us like sheep without a shepherd and laid aside His Kingdom to be born as a servant and to suffer and die in our place~
Who is there like Him?

(Wonderful thread!) :)

2009/6/19 11:59

Re:

I have heard brother Frank (appolus) read this on the prayer call and share it during his testimony and it's always blessed and turned my eyes in worship to our awesome Savior Jesus Christ!

“The Character of Jesus is higher than the highest heavens.

His love and compassion and mercy and obedience are beyond what our feeble minds can comprehend.

And since we can only compare with what we know, we can say with full assurance, and still fall pitifully short, that our Saviors love would render the deepest ocean to but a single tear from the Masters eye.

The sun that blazes brilliantly in the sky, but a spark compared to our Lords burning passion.

The universe and all others combined, smaller than the smallest chamber of His heart.

This is the God we serve; this is the Jesus of the Gospels; this is Jesus, God amongst us:

He is the Bread of Life, The True vine, the Good shepherd, the Light of the World,

He is the way, the Truth and the Life, The Gate for the sheep, Yahweh,

He is our Victorious Champion, He is Master and Lord, King of Kings and Lord of Lords,

He is the Resurrection and the Life, the Lamb of God, He is worthy to be praised, the Hope of mankind,

He is every breath that I take, Mighty councilor, the Almighty, The Christ, My Savior,

The Anointed One, The Prince of Peace, The Alpha and the Omega, The Beginning and the End,

He is the Author and the Finisher of our faith, the Messiah, The Potter, The Comforter, The Conqueror,

Creator, Ancient of Days, The Living Water, Majestic, Omnipotent, The King Eternal, He is the Everlasting Father,

The Exalted One, He is faithful and True, A Father to the fatherless, this Fire that burns within,

He is my Rock and my Fortress, The Foundation of the world, The Fountain of Life, The God that Healeth thee,

He is Higher than the highest heavens, Incorruptible, Infallible, My Keeper, The Lion of Judah, My Righteousness,

My Strength, Merciful, He is the mighty One of Israel. He is Perfect…………….He is the Lord my God and He is one God.

I shall love the Lord my God with all of heart.

I shall praise the Lord my God with all of my soul………….Let Jesus be praised! He is all these things and so much more.

But most importantly, He is alive.”

Taken from:
http://scottishwarriors.wordpress.com/who-is-this-jesus/

2009/6/23 7:43

Re:

Quote:

Hquest wrote:

(Wonderful thread!) :)

Thank you, Joy and Laura, for adding to this thread. :)

Quote:

Hquest wrote:

Who is there like Him?

And what comes to mind when we hear mention of or read His Name, Jesus Christ or in the Hebrew language, Yeshua HaMashiach? What aspect of His character do we think about? Or what great and mighty act has He done or will do that we can praise Him for?

Psalm 34:3
O [b]magnify[/b] the LORD with me, and let us [b]exalt his name[/b] together.

Jesus Christ is the obedient Son.
Every picture of an obedient son to a loving father is found perfected in the holy relationship between Jesus Christ the Son of God and the LORD God, our heavenly Father.

During His time on earth,

In all things He submitted Himself to the will of the Father.

He finished the Father's will.

He glorified the Father.

He was One with the Father.

He communed with the Father.

His life was a reflection of the Father.

And the Father was pleased with His beloved Son.

ALLELUIA!

2009/6/23 7:51

Re:

[i]"For of Him, and through Him, and to Him, are all things: to Whom be glory for ever. Amen" (Romans 11:36).[/i]

We ought to meditate on this daily and ask the Lord to open our eyes to see the height, depth, width, length, and breadth of this JESUS Whom we say we serve. May God deliver us from our own idea, concept, perception, and illusion of a small Christ and give us revelation into the preeminence of His Son.

When we see Christ as All in All then it will be impossible for us to ever again be reduced to the small, the trivial, the petty things which occupy us and waste so much of our time. [b] Our only hope is seeing a Christ that fills us, a Christ that is greater than us, a Christ that is larger than we can fathom, an indescribable Christ that overshadows, overwhelms, and consumes us through and through![/b]

~ Chip Brogden

~~~~~~

Jesus Christ is All in All

Jesus Christ is Preeminent

All things are of Jesus Christ

All things are through Jesus Christ

To Jesus Christ are all things

To Jesus Christ be the glory forever

2009/7/8 12:17
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I need a book !
To write all these things down!

Isaiah 9
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Just to meditate on the word everlasting would send me to heaven!

Jer 31:3 - Show Context
The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

To think in the small time period of seventy years, that everlasting.He is everlasting and his love is everlasting!

Then you have words like Mighty God, as one who is not mighty, We have mighty waves. There are many mighty rulers and mighty dictators. In essence this his great strength. Opened the Red Sea, Created the Universe, Saved my soul.
When in a world sense we think of mighty men such as Davids Mighty men who stood up to vast enemies undefeated!
Men of no repute, Davids men as Saul's men were men of valour, Davids men were men who met him at the cave of adullum.

Wonderful

A Wonderful Day, Is normally a lovely day! When the trees are shining! When you are looking into the eyes of one you love! Wonderful is a good word to describe are saviour!

Counselor

This is almost another word that needs study as it is used so many time, as is psalm 1

Psalm 1
1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, F1 nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

Every piece of advice we need good counsel in whether to get a computer or not! What job to go for? Where to Evangelist next! What to do next!
With every decision wrong counsel or right counsel can either lead us astray.

David always consulted God in every decision he made as Saul did not! Hezekiah consulted God and so did many mighty men of god!

Oh how I need him to even be a counselor in every situation

Father

That relation he cares as a loving father for all our needs this one I struggle with! He provides all our needs

Prince of Peace

In a world which is full of war and which is full of sin! and hatred to imagine a world completly at Peace. Are news is filled with Wars in either one country or another. Goverments spend multi millions on Arms and selling them!
Then there are private wars between companies between families, drug wars!
Yet he is the only one to bring peace as he is truly the prince of peace! He is peace!
I think it is one of c s lewis books, he meets someone who has never experienced war who is completly ignorant of what the word peace means as they have always had it! Strife is rife among everyone.
How we long for our saviour to return and bring peace!

I am tired but I have not even gone into the Hebrew of these words and this is only one verse of many verses and I have not even gone into this verse into too much detail!

Each aspect of Christ specifically to satisfy our upmost desires, no word in the bible chosen by happenstance. Placed like bricks in a wall or designed! Such as the smallest hummingbird which can outmaneuver most planes or a bat which can do the same

Joh 14:6 - Show Context
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

2009/7/11 21:31Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
Just to meditate on the word everlasting would send me to heaven!

:-)

2009/7/11 23:57Profile

Re:

Calvary's stupendous scene!

(Henry Law, "Family Prayers")

"It is finished!" John 19:30

Holy Father,
The heavens, the earth, and all that are therein, proclaim Your wondrous goodness. But Your love shines forth in surpassing luster--at Calvary's stupendous scene! At the cross we see Your heavenly grace removing the tremendous load of our iniquities from us--and heaping them all on Your beloved Son! We see Him standing as a transgressor in our place. We see Him, who knew no sin--made sin for us. We see Him, the all-holy One--accounted as a curse! We see Your justice leading the spotless Lamb to the slaughter--and rigorously demanding the full payment for all our sin-debt!

The avenging sword enters into His very heart!

The stream of sin-atoning blood flows!

Full recompense is meted out!

Divine Justice can ask no more.

Charges against us are all obliterated.

The debt-book is cancelled. If our sins are searched for, they cannot now be found!

[b]The spotless Lamb is devoted to all anguish--that we may be inheritors of all joy.

He is cast off from You--that we may be brought near to You.

He is treated as Your enemy--that we may be welcomed as Your friends.

He is deserted by You--that we may be received to Your everlasting favor.

He is surrendered to hell's worst--that we may attain heaven's best.

He is stripped--that we may be clothed.

He is wounded--that we may be healed.

He thirsts--that we may drink of the water of life.

He is in darkness--that we may rejoice in the glories of eternal day.

He weeps--that all tears may be forever wiped from our eyes.

He groans--that we may sing an endless song.

He endures all pain--that we may rejoice in unfading health.

He wears a crown of thorns--that we may receive a crown of glory.

He bows His head in death--that we may lift up our head in heaven.

He bears earth's reproach--that we may receive heaven's welcome.

He is tormented--that we may be comforted.

He is made all shame--that we may inherit all glory.

His eyes are dark in death--that our eyes may gaze on unclouded brightness.

He dies--that we may escape the second death, and live forevermore. [/b]

O gracious Father, thus You spare not Your only begotten Son--that You may spare us! All our sins are cast behind Your back--all are buried in the ocean of reconciling blood!

We can only fall low and cry, "We adore You for the gift of Your Son as our substitute; for the death of Your Son as our ransom!"

Blessed Jesus, we have been standing beneath Your cross. The sight constrains us to the deepest humility. Our vile iniquity--is the cause of Your shame! We cannot fathom the sins which plunged You into such depths of unutterable woe! We cannot estimate the burden of wrath which thus crushed You. We cannot deny that the sins which stain us are evils of infinite malignity, since nothing but Your blood could wash away their guilty stains! As transgressors, we abhor ourselves before You.

While we humbly gaze--may we anxiously ponder, "Why, blessed Jesus--why did You thus die?" May His precious answer sound through every part of our hearts and souls,

"I die--that you may not die.
I lay down My life--to purchase your life.
I present Myself as a sin-offering to--expiate all your sins.

My blood thus streams--to wash out all your guilt.
The fountain is thus opened in My side--to cleanse you from all impurity. I thus endure your curse. I thus pay your debt. I thus rescue you from all condemnation. I thus satisfy divine justice for you!"

2009/7/27 13:09
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Wonderful thread! It just makes me want to sing that old Wesley hymn...

O for a thousand tongues to sing
My great Redeemer’s praise,
The glories of my God and King,
The triumphs of His grace!

My gracious Master and my God,
Assist me to proclaim,
To spread through all the earth abroad
The honors of Thy name.

Jesus! the name that charms our fears,
That bids our sorrows cease;
’Tis music in the sinner’s ears,
’Tis life, and health, and peace.