SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : AW TOZER ON CALVINISM/ARMIANISM QUOTE?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
repentcanada

AW TOZER ON CALVINISM/ARMIANISM QUOTE?

can someone post that quote of Tozer where he says basically "let them fight over Calvinism and Arminianism and you get alone and seek God and know God and you will be much better off than them"

thanks,
Ricky

2009/6/17 15:06Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: AW TOZER ON CALVINISM/ARMIANISM QUOTE?

I was preparing to go to Nyack College. Before I left there was one burning question I had in mind, and I went to Dr. Tozer and said, “Could you give me some advice concerning the problem of Calvinism versus Arminianism?”

And I’ll never forget the advice he gave me. At the time I thought it was rather inconclusive and not too helpful. But I listened carefully. He said, “My son, when you get to college you’re going to find that all of the boys will be gathered in a room discussing and arguing over Arminianism and Calvinism night after night after night. I’ll tell you what to do, Cliff. Go to your room and meet God. At the end of four years you’ll be way down the line and they’ll still be where they started, because greater minds than yours have wrestled with this problem and have not come up with satisfactory conclusions. Instead, learn to know God.”

“In Pursuit of God” – The Life of A.W. Tozer, James L. Snyder p132

2009/6/17 15:16Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re: AW TOZER ON CALVINISM/ARMIANISM QUOTE?

Love that quote by Tozer. I also like this one by C.H. Spurgeon:

“DO NOT IMAGINE for an instant that I pretend to be able thoroughly to elucidate the great mysteries of predestination. There are some men who claim to know all about the matter. They twist it round their fingers as easily as if it were an everyday thing; but depend upon it, he who thinks he knows all about this mystery, knows but very little. It is but the shallowness of his mind that permits him to see the bottom of his knowledge; he who dives deep, finds that there is in the lowest depth to which he can attain a deeper depth still. The fact is, that the great questions about man’s responsibility, free-will, and predestination, have been fought over, and over, and over again, and have been answered in ten thousand different ways; and the result has been, that we know just as much about the matter as when we first began. The combatants have thrown dust into each other’s eyes, and have hindered each other from seeing; and then they have concluded, that because they put other people’s eyes out, they could therefore see.” - C.H. Spurgeon

2009/6/17 16:27Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Like that Spurgeon quote even tho spurgeon did also say some things i dont agree on , and so has Tozer :-) yet these men both knew God and scripture, and i am certain both will be in heaven. :-) its wonderful God can save both arminians and calvinists ;-)

2009/6/17 16:35Profile
repentcanada

Re:

thanks brothers, bless y'all

2009/6/17 18:11Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy